Solved New remote (buying advice)
Today I have an Logitech Harmony 900 with the RF system to control all my devices. I have and AMP, XBONE, TV, and they all go over IR, I control my Shield TV with a Flirc so also IR.
I like the remote, it's easy to use and and RF system makes "line of sight" simple, it also have a nice WAF factor and battery life between charging is very good.

But... it's pretty dated and somewhat limited when it comes to "new stuff". I have been eying AppleTV 4K as a possible next device to get, and there is the problem - no IR so right now no go...

So what I'm looking for is a new solution that have more and newer protocols to use, like wifi Bluetooth and maybe others that I do not know exists, while still being as useful to me as my old one. I've been trying to read up on stuff here and other forums and I do have some ideas, now I'd like to hear what devices this makes you think of?

Happy to receive advice Smile
Apple TV 4/4K have IR receivers and can still be controlled by IR remotes.

Some of us use the old Apple Remote (white plastic or metal) to control them as we don't like the touch pad on the Siri remote.
(2018-08-18, 17:11)noggin Wrote: Apple TV 4/4K have IR receivers and can still be controlled by IR remotes.

Some of us use the old Apple Remote (white plastic or metal) to control them as we don't like the touch pad on the Siri remote.
 I had no idea, thanks!
Sticking with my old remote for now so I can save some money Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New remote (buying advice)0