• 102(current)
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
(2018-08-19, 06:16)clarkss12 Wrote: Ok,. So you don't think that it is possible that this device is an official Google Certified device?
I have no clue!! 
The build no (OPR6.170623.013) seems to be legit Amlogic. Mi Box 3 also has those same numbers. The number that follows 013 is probably the version# specific to the vendor. Mi Box 3 has 2179 now. This box has v0412.

Every single device that has passed Google CTS will be listed here: https://support.google.com/googleplay/an...7131?hl=en
It usually gets listed within days of certification. Videostrong as a vendor doesn't even appear on the list. That makes me wonder what exactly is going on.
(2018-08-19, 06:16)clarkss12 Wrote: Ok,. So you don't think that it is possible that this device is an official Google Certified device?

I have no clue!!
Well something is a bit wrong with a device that is supposedly "Google Certified" when I see the exact thing I was talking about with HD > SD Google Play Movies demonstrated in THIS Freaktab post.

(2018-08-19, 06:28)wrxtasy Wrote:

I have no clue!!
Well something is a bit wrong with a device that is supposedly "Google Certified" when I see the exact thing I was talking about with HD > SD Google Play Movies demonstrated in THIS Freaktab post.

I saw that post, it really doesn't make sense to me. That is nothing like I have.
(2018-08-19, 06:28)wrxtasy Wrote:

I have no clue!!

From that picture of YouTube he was only getting 480p. I get a full 4K YouTube video from my. Box. I think he is probably using Wi-Fi, and a Wi-Fi on this box is very bad, even with the external antenna.
(2018-08-19, 06:26)wesk05 Wrote: Every single device that has passed Google CTS will be listed here: https://support.google.com/googleplay/an...7131?hl=en
It usually gets listed within days of certification. Videostrong as a vendor doesn't even appear on the list. That makes me wonder what exactly is going on.
Interestingly there is a "WeTek Air" certified Android TV (Operator Tier) device in that list.... with Dual Mux DVB-T2 or ATSC TV tuners and a Zigbee Radio (click) for likely Smart home control Wink

WeTek Air Specs (click)

WeTek Air Users Manual (click)

Registered with the FCC 2018-07-30

(2018-08-19, 06:46)wrxtasy Wrote: Interestingly there is a "WeTek Air" certified Android TV (Operator Tier) device in that list.... with Dual Mux DVB-T2 or ATSC TV tuners
Yeah, I saw that.
(2018-08-19, 06:46)wrxtasy Wrote: Interestingly there is a "WeTek Air" certified Android TV (Operator Tier) device in that list.... with Dual Mux DVB-T2 or ATSC TV tuners and a Zigbee Radio (click) for likely Smart home control Wink

WeTek Air Specs (click)

WeTek Air Users Manual (click)

Guessing this is the new model mentioned here
Quote:No more units of WeTek Play 2 will be made.
We are replacing it with a new model in the next few months.

After all the crap about the Play2S I'll believe it when I see it in their store
(2018-08-15, 04:21)clarkss12 Wrote: One more question.  What resolution should I use 1080p or 3840x2160P?  Whatever I set, that is what shows up on my TV display.  I am running LibreELEC on my Mecool M8S Pro L (Amlogic S912), and it does change the Hz, but not the resolution.  I am playing a BlueRay rip, so it is only 1080p.  By using 3840x2160P, for the 1080P video, will it make a difference in the picture quality on my 4k TV.  My eyes, really can't tell any difference.
 I'm using wrxtasy's latest LibreELEC build on my Mecool M8S Pro L from this post. Based on the suggestions I left the Kodi GUI at 1080p so Kodi handles the resolution switching of 1080p/4k content, leaving my Samsung 4k TV to do the upscaling. The TV does this very well so I'd suggest trying the same, your TV info should show 3840x2160 as the resolution when playing 1080p content as it is upscaling.
(2018-08-19, 12:35)komplex Wrote:
(2018-08-19, 06:46)wrxtasy Wrote: Interestingly there is a "WeTek Air" certified Android TV (Operator Tier) device in that list.... with Dual Mux DVB-T2 or ATSC TV tuners and a Zigbee Radio (click) for likely Smart home control Wink

WeTek Air Specs (click)WeTek Air Users Manual (click)

Guessing this is the new model mentioned here
Quote:No more units of WeTek Play 2 will be made.
We are replacing it with a new model in the next few months.

After all the crap about the Play2S I'll believe it when I see it in their store 
 Didn't know this site about WeTek Air yet - thanks for the links. Although it's a personal site, which is not related to Google or WeTek, it could be that new device mentioned on their forums indeed, although according to my mail contact with their sales team, the new device has been postponed (statement from end of July), although it was supposed to be ready and avaialble "soon" (statement end of March). So I too think there is nothing certain.
Mecool has created another box based on the new more powerful, low powered Amlogic S905x2 SoC.  Not much info available, but it can be had for $59.88 USD with coupon code  GBKM9.  I had already ordered one for $11 more, so I cancelled the order and re-ordered it with the coupon.

https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_00947...id=1433363

Quite a conversation on Freaktab, saying Gearbest AND Geekbuying saying it will support Netflix in 4k.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-supp...-lan-bt4-1

Disclaimer:  I have NO affiliation with Mecool, Gearbest, Geekbuying, or Freaktab.  I just suffer from an addiction to these low powered low budget devices, compounded by too much time on my hands and a very low IQ.  Fortunately, my IQ is not low enough to be a tRump groupie.
For those that are interested, I just received a comment on my Jetstream video, from Ematic... Here is what he said.

"Ematic
40 minutes ago
Thank you for reviewing our product, Ronnie! For those of you asking, Ematic will release updates via OTA to Android TV OS with security patches and more."

My video here..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ896Mg-...grk0h00410
EDIT: taking both these post to the actual Jetstream thread where they belong...

Deleted, thanks
I'm only going to reply when you start posting in the actual relevant (Jetstream) thread ! Wink

The WeTek air product page is up and the device will be launching this month I've been told.

https://consumers.wetek.com/air/

• 102(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6