• 9(current)
adblink 6.1 Windows/Mac/Linux Companion for Kodi
After searching on an Addon for some subtitles they don't have the movies i would like, but their website has them and i downloaded them to my PC.  How do i add the DL subs to firestick.
Give the subtitle the same base name as your video.  i.e. movie is sometitle.mkv, make sure the subtitle is named sometitle.srt. Copy the subtitle to wherever your video is stored.
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
I made a SUBTITLES folder and Pushed the folder onto it by creating sdcard/SUBTITLES external link, and was then able to access the folder locally via the audio section in the settings of my movie addon.  Then i just went into the audio parameter during playback and was able to choose my subs.  Had to delay the subtitles by a few seconds to get proper sync but all in all it worked great. Thanks for your response. It had been that long since i had used adblink that i was completely lost as to how it worked.
Glad you sorted it out. Good luck!
Hi,

Suggestions for improving the file manager:
  • Allow the local file system to be browsed, so one pane can show a local view and the other can show a remote view. This will make it much easier and less confusing to download or upload files. Currently, clicking 'push' will force you to re-select the source location, which is tiresome for uploading many files. And 'pull' will always go to a single pre-set location. This improvement will also prevent files from accidentally being pushed to the wrong location when the wrong pane is 'active' during the push.
  • Instead of showing the full path of each file, show just the folders and files in the current folder so it can be navigated like a normal file explorer. It would be nice if file change and modified date are visible.
Thanks!
Is there a way to start kodi remotely through adblink?
1. Thank you for the file manager feedback.

2. To remotely start/stop Kodi use the function "Start/Stop Application" under the Utility menu.
With jocala.com's move to https, adbLink version checking is broken. Please turn it off in preferences until a fix is deployed
adbLink 3.7  Released

adbLink c++ framework updated 
from Qt 5.6 to Qt 5.10.1

Message popups have been adjusted to work
with multi-monitor systems.

Toast-style message popups fail
with multi-monitor systems. 
Currently disabled.

adbLink update checking routine updated.

https://www.jocala.com
Kodi 17.6 Backup from old FireTV Box V. 1 FireOS 5.26.3 does not work , folder addons is missing,
no failure in adblink log for backup
only backup with adbLink v 3.5 is ok, 3.6 and 3.7 did not backup addons folder

v3.7 Backup is ok with FireTV Stick V2
(2018-08-19, 15:44)satpete Wrote: Kodi 17.6 Backup from old FireTV Box V. 1 FireOS 5.26.3 does not work , folder addons is missing,

Thank you for the report. Unfortunately, I no longer have any gen1 AFTV devices to test with, my last died a while back.  

I suspect that the adbLink v 3.6 upgrade from adb 1.0.32 to 1.0.39 is causing your issue. You can revert back to the old adb by copying the adb binary and adb*.dll files from your v3.5 folder to the 3.7 folder. For Linux, look in the adbfiles folder, for Mac look in adbLink.app/Content/MacOS/adbfiles/. I just tested this  on a Mac and it seemed to work ok.
(2018-08-19, 18:47)jocala Wrote:
(2018-08-19, 15:44)satpete Wrote: Kodi 17.6 Backup from old FireTV Box V. 1 FireOS 5.26.3 does not work , folder addons is missing,

Thank you for the report. Unfortunately, I no longer have any gen1 AFTV devices to test with, my last died a while back.  

I suspect that the adbLink v 3.6 upgrade from adb 1.0.32 to 1.0.39 is causing your issue. You can revert back to the old adb by copying the adb binary and adb*.dll files from your v3.5 folder to the 3.7 folder. For Linux, look in the adbfiles folder, for Mac look in adbLink.app/Content/MacOS/adbfiles/. I just tested this  on a Mac and it seemed to work ok.  
 FWIW, although I do not regularly use the backup function in adbLink as I do manual backups, I just ran a backup test using adbLink v3.7 on my Gen 1 Fire TV box and verified that the entire contents of the .kodi folder were, indeed, backed up as expected, including the addons folder.
Disclaimer: There were no KODI developers either injured or killed during the posting of this message.
Thanks for the report!
(2018-08-19, 18:47)jocala Wrote:

Sorry, I can't reproduce your issue.   I borrowed a family member's gen1 firetv (non-rooted stock) and like Txxb161 I was able to backup/restore w/o issues using adbLink 3.7.  

adbLink's backup is a front-end to the adb "pull" command.  You can open an adbLink console and issue the command:
Code:
adb pull /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi

Perhaps a manual backup from the command-line that will shed some light.
adbLink 3.8  Released

adbLink c++ framework updated 
from Qt 5.10.1 to Qt 5.11.2

OpenSSL support added for https format
(jocala.com address moved from http to https)

Windows dependencies removed for:

libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll
libstdc++-6.dll
libwinpthread-1.dll

These dll files are no longer
required by adbLink for Windows.

Linux: Support for KDE Konsole added. Select
KDE Konsole in adbLink preferences, otherwise
the default of Gnome terminal is used for
adbLink's Console.

Window titles added where missing

Job number removed from running jobs display

icons folder added to linux adbfiles directory.
This contains adbLink icons in png,ico and icns 
formats.

https://www.jocala.com
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
adblink 6.1 Windows/Mac/Linux Companion for Kodi2