• 40(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
(2018-08-23, 21:10)rmrector Wrote: Does it have any local fanart, which could also be named "fanart.jpg" or "fanart1.jpg" or "fanart2.jpg"?
 Yes, there is a single fanart.jpg. Thats it. I wouldn't have expected a single fanart.jpg would prevent it from downloading extrafanart when I set the limit to 20 ....
(2018-08-23, 21:10)rmrector Wrote: @Alyy No items in your library will be "old" if you have just recently installed Artwork Beef, so again, no surprise if the list is empty. This is described in the documentation.

Post your Artwork Beef "settings.xml" file (you can find that next to the "artwork-report.txt"), there might be some configuration I'm not expecting. 
I do not understand which list you are talking about, but obviously it will be old after a first scan.

https://pastebin.com/XEd1eCKm

EDIT: If I read well, he found me 3 set, but does not display it ?

Code:
== 2018-08-24 09:19:20: Traitement de la liste automatiquement
4 élément(s) dans la liste - set: 3, tvshow: 1
2018-08-24 09:19:56: Traitement terminé
6 artwork(s) mis à jour - fanart: 1, poster: 1, banner: 1, season.1.poster: 1, clearlogo: 2
(2018-08-23, 22:23)pletopia Wrote:
(2018-08-23, 21:10)rmrector Wrote: Does it have any local fanart, which could also be named "fanart.jpg" or "fanart1.jpg" or "fanart2.jpg"?
 Yes, there is a single fanart.jpg. Thats it. I wouldn't have expected a single fanart.jpg would prevent it from downloading extrafanart when I set the limit to 20 .... 

I can confirm it does work if there is no fanart.jpg in the root folder of the show.

I have another question for ya rmrector. Does the script cache all 20 pieces of fanart since thats what I have the script set to?
(2018-08-23, 18:48)rmrector Wrote: @pletopia Ahh, I think I got it. Do you already have a local fanart image for 2 Broke Girls? Artwork Beef won't automatically download more fanart if any are already local, to avoid downloading duplicates. There isn't a way to override that behavior.

@Alyy Once a media item is scanned it is no longer "new", so it won't be scanned again when you run the scan for new items.

For both the Star Wars collection and Stargate Origins, Artwork Beef doesn't seem to think they are missing a logo, so won't look for one. Is Artwork Beef configured to automatically add "clearlogo" for TV shows and movie sets? Does the Star Wars collection already have a logo from one of the movies (see recent posts in this thread for why that is)? If so, Artwork Beef won't replace that artwork.

@MANswers Read the very recent posts in this thread on why this is happening.
 Thanks mate, is this the post you are talking about?

"The other is movie sets ending up with movie artwork. When a new movie set is added to the library, Kodi copies the movie artwork to the movie set as part of its scraping process. There is a bit in Artwork Beef that detected this for Krypton and below, but now that Leia scrapers can set more artwork (and "Universal Movie Scraper" can add them) it needs revisiting. If you disable all extra artwork from UMS then it should work again."
(2018-08-24, 09:28)Alyy Wrote: I do not understand which list you are talking about, but obviously it will be old after a first scan.
Incorrect. Read the documentation I linked to.

(2018-08-24, 09:28)Alyy Wrote: EDIT: If I read well, he found me 3 set, but does not display it ?

Code:
6 artwork(s) mis à jour - fanart: 1, poster: 1, banner: 1, season.1.poster: 1, clearlogo: 2

Without a debug log this looks like Artwork Beef is adding artwork exactly as it is supposed to do. It's up to the skin to display the images. If you open the built in "Choose art" dialog from Kodi, do you see a "clearlogo" image? What skin are you using? Do you see any logos at all in your skin? Are you sure your skin is configured to display logos? Post your debug log, and while recording navigate to a media item that doesn't display a logo in a skin view that is configured to display the logo, then run "AB: Add missing artwork".

(2018-08-24, 18:35)pletopia Wrote: ...

I have another question for ya rmrector. Does the script cache all 20 pieces of fanart since thats what I have the script set to? 

It should treat all fanart roughly the same, so if it is configured to download fanart it will download all of them, if it is configured to preload local artwork to the cache then it should cache all local artwork.

@MANswers yes. Disabling all artwork in your scraper may help, but Artwork Beef just can't handle this perfectly. If most of your sets are like this then you can remove all artwork from movie sets by running Artwork Beef from "Program add-ons", then add missing artwork for all videos, as described in the second bullet point of the First Usage documentation.
(2018-08-24, 20:46)rmrector Wrote:
(2018-08-24, 09:28)Alyy Wrote: I do not understand which list you are talking about, but obviously it will be old after a first scan.
Incorrect. Read the documentation I linked to.

(2018-08-24, 09:28)Alyy Wrote: EDIT: If I read well, he found me 3 set, but does not display it ?

Code:

Without a debug log this looks like Artwork Beef is adding artwork exactly as it is supposed to do. It's up to the skin to display the images. If you open the built in "Choose art" dialog from Kodi, do you see a "clearlogo" image? What skin are you using? Do you see any logos at all in your skin? Are you sure your skin is configured to display logos? Post your debug log, and while recording navigate to a media item that doesn't display a logo in a skin view that is configured to display the logo, then run "AB: Add missing artwork".

(2018-08-24, 18:35)pletopia Wrote: ...

It should treat all fanart roughly the same, so if it is configured to download fanart it will download all of them, if it is configured to preload local artwork to the cache then it should cache all local artwork.

@MANswers yes. Disabling all artwork in your scraper may help, but Artwork Beef just can't handle this perfectly. If most of your sets are like this then you can remove all artwork from movie sets by running Artwork Beef from "Program add-ons", then add missing artwork for all videos, as described in the second bullet point of the First Usage documentation
 Thanks for your response. I am gonna try your suggestions.
by the way, I dont see "Logo" in artwork beef.. but only ClearLogo.
Due to this, none of my movies have logo on the top. I am using MQ7 theme... and have enabled the settings to show logo instead of text.
But still it does not show the logo of the movie. I have run update the library, but no luck.
Do u think cleaning up library and then re-running will help?
@MANswers "clearlogo" is the only logo skins should be using in the regular video library, there is no separate "logo" image. Does the movie show a "clearlogo" image if you open the built in "Choose art" dialog (like "Image 2")?
(2018-08-24, 21:36)rmrector Wrote: @MANswers "clearlogo" is the only logo skins should be using in the regular video library, there is no separate "logo" image. Does the movie show a "clearlogo" image if you open the built in "Choose art" dialog (like "Image 2")?
 Yes it does. Mate but the problem I am facing is, that previously I used to have titles as clearlogo/logo's, even if i use artwork beef to grab the artwork, but still I had to hit "C" and then run Get logo/clearart in solo mode or auto mode for kodi to grab all the discs and logo's thats residing in the local filesystem. Only after i run this, it will show logo and disk images.. but now that artwork downloader is disabled, and with new versions of MQ7 skins mods removing them.. there is no option to run this command, hence the logos and disks are not appearing.
@MANswers If you see an image already assigned for "clearlogo" (like "Image 2") then Artwork Beef has done what it is supposed to. Post a debug log and maybe we can figure out what else is going wrong. Or maybe Artwork Beef just needs to process all items after a configuration change, which can be triggered by running Artwork Beef from "Program add-ons", then select "add missing artwork for …" "all videos".
 Is there a reason why 20 is the max?

Code:

"If you open the built in "Choose art" dialog from Kodi"  Yes, but no fanart and poster

I use Aeon Nox Silvo, and i have no problem viewing artwork, logo, poster, fanart etc.

It's not just the logo, but the post and the fanart. I can add them only manually.

Here debug: http://paste.osmc.io/emiwaleqab.xml

EDIT: And I even noticed for some movie, the logo is not downloaded Huh

I think he can not find the logo in French, the plugin can not put the logo in English when French is not available ? artwork downloader could do it it seems to me.
AB 0.21.1 in Kodi 18 A3 x64 win 7 x64

AB is throwing an exception when it runs after a music scan.  It looks like it is calling into
Code:
process_item(mediaitem, singleitem)
  but it isn't getting a valid dict, after doing
Code:
cleaned = get_simpledict_updates(mediaitem.art, cleaner.clean_artwork(mediaitem))

debug log is here:  debug log

I tried deleting the processeditems.db and letting AB build a new one, but that didn't change anything.

scott s.
(2018-08-25, 00:44)pletopia Wrote:  Is there a reason why 20 is the max? 

Had to pick some number as the max. I find a small number of top choice artwork is more effective than a fire hose of mediocre artwork. Something else about adding even more load on free web services for images that will hardly be noticed when actually browsing the library.

@Alyy Run the Texture Cache Maintenance Utility and post the output of ./texturecache.py jd movies "name of movie", replace "name of movie" with a movie that isn't displaying images correctly.

@scott967 Thanks, I'll have a fix in the next version.
(2018-08-27, 08:48)rmrector Wrote: @Alyy Run the Texture Cache Maintenance Utility and post the output of ./texturecache.py jd movies "name of movie", replace "name of movie" with a movie that isn't displaying images correctly.
I do not know how it works.

Here my command (jd movies no working): sudo ./texturecache.py P movies "Ready Player One"

Result: https://pastebin.com/hLat9quD
I have downloaded clearlogo and poster for this set. But I miss the landscape art, despite of having pointed to it in the AB options and manual selection.
https://imgur.com/a/FYzFu4r
KODI 20 - LibreELEC 11

Intel NUC 4250U (Haswell) in Abel H2 chassis, Philips 55OLED804
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5