• 41(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
(2018-08-27, 10:31)Alyy Wrote:
(2018-08-27, 08:48)rmrector Wrote: @Alyy Run the Texture Cache Maintenance Utility and post the output of ./texturecache.py jd movies "name of movie", replace "name of movie" with a movie that isn't displaying images correctly.
I do not know how it works.

Here my command (jd movies no working): sudo ./texturecache.py P movies "Ready Player One"

Result: https://pastebin.com/hLat9quD                   

That is not the correct command so it didn't produce the output that I need. Try the 'jd movies' command again, or ./texturecache.py Jd movies @extrajson.movies=uniqueid "fury road". It should somewhat resemble the results below. If you SSH to the Kodi device and run it from there it should just work as long as Kodi is configured to allow remote control, but on another computer it will need a bit of configuration to at least set the hostname of the device running Kodi.

json:
  {
    "art": {
      "banner": "image://nfs://CUBER/media/preserved/Movies/Mad Max Fury Road (2015)/banner.jpg/",
      "clearart": "image://nfs://CUBER/media/preserved/Movies/Mad Max Fury Road (2015)/clearart.png/",
      "clearlogo": "image://nfs://CUBER/media/preserved/Movies/Mad Max Fury Road (2015)/clearlogo.png/",
      "discart": "image://nfs://CUBER/media/preserved/Movies/Mad Max Fury Road (2015)/discart.png/",
      "fanart1": "image://nfs://CUBER/media/preserved/Movies/Mad Max Fury Road (2015)/fanart1.jpg/",
      "fanart2": "image://nfs://CUBER/media/preserved/Movies/Mad Max Fury Road (2015)/fanart2.jpg/",
      "fanart3": "image://nfs://CUBER/media/preserved/Movies/Mad Max Fury Road (2015)/fanart3.jpg/",
      "fanart4": "image://nfs://CUBER/media/preserved/Movies/Mad Max Fury Road (2015)/fanart4.jpg/",
      "landscape": "image://nfs://CUBER/media/preserved/Movies/Mad Max Fury Road (2015)/landscape.jpg/",
      "poster": "image://nfs://CUBER/media/preserved/Movies/Mad Max Fury Road (2015)/poster.jpg/",
      "thumb": "image://video@nfs://CUBER/media/preserved/Movies/Mad Max Fury Road (2015)/Mad Max Fury Road (2015) - 1080p Bluray.mkv/"
    },
    "file": "nfs://CUBER/media/preserved/Movies/Mad Max Fury Road (2015)/Mad Max Fury Road (2015) - 1080p Bluray.mkv",
    "label": "Mad Max: Fury Road",
    "movieid": 2424,
    "title": "Mad Max: Fury Road",
    "uniqueid": {
      "imdb": "tt1392190",
      "tmdb": "76341"
    }
  }

@Ipaddle That image looks like it should be "fanart", not "landscape". If you want it displayed in the background then it should be a "fanart", while "landscape" images include a title or logo. Otherwise it is up to the skin to display artwork that is assigned, so make sure it is configured to display the "landscape" image.
(2018-08-28, 00:57)rmrector Wrote:
(2018-08-27, 10:31)Alyy Wrote:
(2018-08-27, 08:48)rmrector Wrote: @Alyy Run the Texture Cache Maintenance Utility and post the output of ./texturecache.py jd movies "name of movie", replace "name of movie" with a movie that isn't displaying images correctly.
I do not know how it works.

Here my command (jd movies no working): sudo ./texturecache.py P movies "Ready Player One"

Result: https://pastebin.com/hLat9quD                            

That is not the correct command so it didn't produce the output that I need. Try the 'jd movies' command again, or ./texturecache.py Jd movies @extrajson.movies=uniqueid "fury road". It should somewhat resemble the results below. If you SSH to the Kodi device and run it from there it should just work as long as Kodi is configured to allow remote control, but on another computer it will need a bit of configuration to at least set the hostname of the device running Kodi.

json:
  {
      "banner": "image://nfs://CUBER/media/preserved/Movies/Mad Max Fury Road (2015)/banner.jpg/",
      "clearart": "image://nfs://CUBER/media/preserved/Movies/Mad Max Fury Road (2015)/clearart.png/",
      "clearlogo": "image://nfs://CUBER/media/preserved/Movies/Mad Max Fury Road (2015)/clearlogo.png/",
      "discart": "image://nfs://CUBER/media/preserved/Movies/Mad Max Fury Road (2015)/discart.png/",
      "fanart1": "image://nfs://CUBER/media/preserved/Movies/Mad Max Fury Road (2015)/fanart1.jpg/",
      "fanart2": "image://nfs://CUBER/media/preserved/Movies/Mad Max Fury Road (2015)/fanart2.jpg/",
      "fanart3": "image://nfs://CUBER/media/preserved/Movies/Mad Max Fury Road (2015)/fanart3.jpg/",
      "fanart4": "image://nfs://CUBER/media/preserved/Movies/Mad Max Fury Road (2015)/fanart4.jpg/",
      "landscape": "image://nfs://CUBER/media/preserved/Movies/Mad Max Fury Road (2015)/landscape.jpg/",
      "poster": "image://nfs://CUBER/media/preserved/Movies/Mad Max Fury Road (2015)/poster.jpg/",
      "thumb": "image://video@nfs://CUBER/media/preserved/Movies/Mad Max Fury Road (2015)/Mad Max Fury Road (2015) - 1080p Bluray.mkv/"
    },
    "file": "nfs://CUBER/media/preserved/Movies/Mad Max Fury Road (2015)/Mad Max Fury Road (2015) - 1080p Bluray.mkv",
    "label": "Mad Max: Fury Road",
    "movieid": 2424,
    "title": "Mad Max: Fury Road",
      "imdb": "tt1392190",
      "tmdb": "76341"
    }
  }

I use Putty to make orders. Yes it's work now.

Here's an example that does not display the logo, yet it exists in fanartv.

And for many movies, Stargate Origins, Batman and Harley Quinn, Green Lantern (Saga)... A manual search does not give anything.

Code:

[
  {
      "fanart": "image://http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/2JVnUtyUKbQm165cXUF9r5iVPDo.jpg/",
      "poster": "image://http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/dPsjte846EcEWQpfMmGHrTWIJd8.jpg/"
    },
    "file": "/media/hd/-Films d'Animation/Batman and Harley Quinn (2017).mkv",
    "label": "Batman and Harley Quinn",
    "movieid": 1578,
    "title": "Batman and Harley Quinn",
      "unknown": "tt6556890"
    }
  }
]
So I have all the api keys added, and AB is scraping artwork really well. But I am not gettting the Movie Sets to work correctly. These are my settings.

For eg... Ironman movie set has Ironman 3 poster as the primary collection poster. Same with the clearlogo/logos.
(2018-08-27, 08:48)rmrector Wrote:  
Had to pick some number as the max. I find a small number of top choice artwork is more effective than a fire hose of mediocre artwork. Something else about adding even more load on free web services for images that will hardly be noticed when actually browsing the library.
 I see. I'm one of those weird ones that likes all the art. I tried to manually hardcode a value myself by tweaking settings.xml but no luck. If I wanted to increase that number, would it be possible?
(2018-08-28, 13:29)Alyy Wrote: I use Putty to make orders. Yes it's work now.

And for many movies, Stargate Origins, Batman and Harley Quinn, Green Lantern (Saga)... A manual search does not give anything.

Code:

[
  {
      "fanart": "image://http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/2JVnUtyUKbQm165cXUF9r5iVPDo.jpg/",
      "poster": "image://http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/dPsjte846EcEWQpfMmGHrTWIJd8.jpg/"
    },
    }
  }
]

chrissix explained why Artwork Beef can't find artwork for the Green Lantern saga.

Run "AB: add missing artwork" on "Batman and Harley Quinn", then run that "texturecache" command again and post the new results.

@MANswers

Option 1: From the documentation: "run Artwork Beef from Program Add-ons and remove all existing artwork from movie collections" then add missing artwork for all videos. From a post directly to you: "remove all artwork from movie sets by running Artwork Beef from "Program add-ons", then add missing artwork for all videos". This is the third time, please stop ignoring me.

Option 2: disable all artwork from your movie scraper, then Kodi won't have any movie artwork to copy to the movie sets so Artwork Beef won't have to try to identify and replace them. This will only help with new movies and movie sets added to your library, though.

Option 3: manually select the artwork you want. Artwork Beef helps out a lot but it isn't perfect and it cannot fix movie set artwork perfectly. With your biological vision you can easily tell if artwork is for an individual movie or the set, but Artwork Beef isn't designed for computer vision and can't so easily make that distinction.

@pletopia No. It is the way it is because that is how I intend it to be.
Artwork Beef updated to 0.21.2

With a fix for the crash @scott967 encountered, and a new approach to try to remove the movie artwork that Kodi copies to movie sets. This will likely only work on newly added movie sets, and even then it just can't be perfect. The first usage documentation describes how to deal with this for movie sets in an existing library.
(2018-08-23, 19:03)Alyy Wrote: EDIT: I think for Stargate is an exception, but know why ?

The ID's and entries are all fine!
https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/44215
https://fanart.tv/movie/44215/stargate-sg1-collection/
(2018-08-29, 23:08)rmrector Wrote: Artwork Beef updated to 0.21.2

With a fix for the crash @scott967 encountered, and a new approach to try to remove the movie artwork that Kodi copies to movie sets. This will likely only work on newly added movie sets, and even then it just can't be perfect. The first usage documentation describes how to deal with this for movie sets in an existing library.

Is it now possible to limit AB to one single language (without fallback)?

Updated to 0.21.2 on Kodi 18 B1 and after doing a music scan AB successfully ran.  It seems like it had never completed the initial scan of artists (I use artist info folder for artists info/art and library for album info/art) and AB updated a bunch of artist art.

scott s.
@rmreactor
I have a question in regards to Movie Collection names with illegal filesystem characters.
Eg, Mission: Impossible Collection.

When saving the artwork to a local system, what is the appropriate method to replace this character with?
In the past, MediaCompanion replaced any illegal filename or folder character with the underscore character and I believe MSAA supported this methodology.

But, going forward, and to ensure compatibility I would appreciate your advise.

Second question. Keyart.
Now this is just the poster without a language, but on scanning through returned posters, I see some language is "", empty string, and some are "00", two zeros.
Do you count both empty language and 00 as keyart.

Thanks again.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2018-08-29, 23:07)rmrector Wrote:
(2018-08-28, 13:29)Alyy Wrote: I use Putty to make orders. Yes it's work now.

Code:

[
  {
    },
    }
  }
]
chrissix explained why Artwork Beef can't find artwork for the Green Lantern saga.

Run "AB: add missing artwork" on "Batman and Harley Quinn", then run that "texturecache" command again and post the new results.       
Again same thang. would that be an identification problem ?
Code:
 [
  {
    },

}
  }
]

what is the order for the tvshows ?
(2018-08-29, 23:22)chrissix Wrote:
(2018-08-23, 19:03)Alyy Wrote: EDIT: I think for Stargate is an exception, but know why ?

The ID's and entries are all fine!
https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/44215
https://fanart.tv/movie/44215/stargate-sg1-collection/ 
I am talking about Stargate Origins
I had a problem Artwork Beef works not for movie artwork but for musik artwork is ok.
When i ad a new movie artwork beef crashes and dont ad any artwork same when i select artwork for new movies or for old movies it wont make any different
artwork beef crashes my Logfile
It is not the full logfile because the limit of pastebin.
 Ive you need more info oder the full logfile let me know.
(2018-08-29, 23:29)chrissix Wrote:

Is it now possible to limit AB to one single language (without fallback)?              
 No. That will take a bit more work, but I do intend to include it in the next feature release, likely 0.22.0. I have no idea on when that version will be ready, though.
(2018-08-30, 06:55)vbat99 Wrote: @rmreactor
I have a question in regards to Movie Collection names with illegal filesystem characters.
Eg, Mission: Impossible Collection.

When saving the artwork to a local system, what is the appropriate method to replace this character with?
In the past, MediaCompanion replaced any illegal filename or folder character with the underscore character and I believe MSAA supported this methodology.
Artwork Beef saves artwork like that, plus right-strips spaces and periods (Kodi's filename cleaner works like this as well). Artwork Beef is more lenient in what it will identify, though, so it will also catch others like "Mission - Impossible Collection" and "Mission Impossible Collection".
(2018-08-30, 06:55)vbat99 Wrote: Second question. Keyart.
Now this is just the poster without a language, but on scanning through returned posters, I see some language is "", empty string, and some are "00", two zeros.
Do you count both empty language and 00 as keyart.

Thanks again.
I do count posters with either "" or "00" as keyart, but I'm pretty sure the empty string is a data hiccup at fanart.tv so it may not hold true for every image like that (for images that must have a language, like clearlogo, I instead count it as English).

@Alyy I found it! Fanart.tv has stale data for Batman & Harley and Stargate Origins, so the API didn't produce the expected results. I've reported this to fanart.tv in this thread. I gotta remember this for future troubleshooting.

You said "many", if you have other movies or TV shows with a similar issue you can verify if it is exactly this with the below steps, and if so post a message with the details on the fanart.tv forums.

For TV shows it is fairly easy: compare the ID number in the URL of the page for the series on fanart.tv with the "TheTVDB.com Series ID", and if they are not the same then the fanart.tv data is stale.

For movies it's a bit more work. If you have a project API key you can open a URL in your browser like "http://webservice.fanart.tv/v3/movies/TMDB_ID?api_key=FANARTTV_APIKEY", replace TMDB_ID with the TMDB ID of the movie (the number in the URL of the page for the movie on TMDB) and FANARTV_APIKEY with your project API key. The result will have an "imdb_id" key, and if it is empty or the wrong IMDB number then the fanart.tv data is stale.

A similar TCMU command for TV shows is ./texturecache.py Jd tvshows @extrajson.tvshows.tvshow=uniqueid "2 stupid dogs".

@Mario S. Doh! I pushed 0.21.3 with a fix.
(2018-08-30, 23:56)rmrector Wrote: @Alyy I found it! Fanart.tv has stale data for Batman & Harley and Stargate Origins, so the API didn't produce the expected results. I've reported this to fanart.tv in this thread. I gotta remember this for future troubleshooting.

You said "many", if you have other movies or TV shows with a similar issue you can verify if it is exactly this with the below steps, and if so post a message with the details on the fanart.tv forums.

For TV shows it is fairly easy: compare the ID number in the URL of the page for the series on fanart.tv with the "TheTVDB.com Series ID", and if they are not the same then the fanart.tv data is stale.

For movies it's a bit more work. If you have a project API key you can open a URL in your browser like "http://webservice.fanart.tv/v3/movies/TMDB_ID?api_key=FANARTTV_APIKEY", replace TMDB_ID with the TMDB ID of the movie (the number in the URL of the page for the movie on TMDB) and FANARTV_APIKEY with your project API key. The result will have an "imdb_id" key, and if it is empty or the wrong IMDB number then the fanart.tv data is stale.

A similar TCMU command for TV shows is ./texturecache.py Jd tvshows @extrajson.tvshows.tvshow=uniqueid "2 stupid dogs".

@Mario S. Doh! I pushed 0.21.3 with a fix. 
 Okay, I understand now. I could check the corresponding movies.

By cons, I think there is a concern with the saga. I added the saga Detective Dee, it does not find me the saga fanart, logo saga, saga post automatically, I have to do it manually.

I did the test and I see on the page imdb_id "", with a manual search it finds.

Stargate Origins, same id TVDB and FanartTV = no logo ?
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5