• 32(current)
Bug reports
Set Posters Ignored in Kodi 18 Alpha 3

If you have a group of movies in a set, you can use the CHOOSE ART option under the MANAGE context item to add a movie set poster (which is distinct from the list of posters for every movie in the set).  I was able to set one, but Estuary seems to ignore it.  I'm not sure if that is by design on a bug, but I thought I'd report it.

@pkscout Don't change the "set" image but "poster". That "set" and "setfanart" shouldn't be used, "poster" and "fanart" are the proper artwork names to use for movie sets just like movies and TV shows.
(2018-08-27, 06:23)rmrector Wrote: @pkscout Don't change the "set" image but "poster". That "set" and "setfanart" shouldn't be used, "poster" and "fanart" are the proper artwork names to use for movie sets just like movies and TV shows.
 Then why have set and setfanart at all?  The Set image is nice in theory because it's poster choices are of the set of movies rather than just one of the movie posters.  But if those two are going to be ignored by Estuary then shouldn't they just not show up as options?
(2018-08-27, 07:05)pkscout Wrote:
(2018-08-27, 06:23)rmrector Wrote: @pkscout Don't change the "set" image but "poster". That "set" and "setfanart" shouldn't be used, "poster" and "fanart" are the proper artwork names to use for movie sets just like movies and TV shows.
 Then why have set and setfanart at all?  The Set image is nice in theory because it's poster choices are of the set of movies rather than just one of the movie posters.  But if those two are going to be ignored by Estuary then shouldn't they just not show up as options?     
It's an unfinished feature of Kodi.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=327395
There is a problem (in Kodi 18) with media-flags that i encounter every time i have an MKV with two AC3 audio stream:
->one stream track as "AC3 2.0"
->one stream track as "AC3 5.1"

Each time the mediaflag viewed in GUI is marked as 5.1 channels, even when the default audio stream track is AC3 2.0

I used MKVTool to prove that the default audio track is AC3 2.0 channels
I have performed several tests by reversing the audio tracks, and set default in alternate
but the problem persist, it seems that just doesn't give importance to the track set as default,
but refers only to the higher channels... and this is wrong.

It seems that this problem is affecting only files with two ac3 stream tracks.
I have attached links to the files to perform tests.

LOG shows nothing but is here:
https://pastebin.com/5Qf605JE

TEST FILES:
(I have written "default" means the default audio stream track, in the file name)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c2fqgq592fq0v...lhGha?dl=0
Dev-Maintainer of Netflix add-on ▫ Skills Python, C#, VB.NET and a bit of C++
I had 17.6 and wanted to try out 18b1, so I wiped my db and started fresh (kept advancedsettings/sources).
I noticed that on the Videos page that I could not get the context menu to come up on my sources (so I can set content type / etc)

If I click on 'Files' I could then finally get to the context menu,

I bring this up because other places you can get to the context menu  on the front page, example:
just fyi, fresh kodi v18b1 install (on windows) and seeing a slew of Errors when you hover over any of the TV shows on the main screen:
Quote:22:41:22.541 T:11432   ERROR: CImageLoader::DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.studios.white/HBO.png
22:41:25.062 T:14108   ERROR: CImageLoader::DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.studios.white/Mnet.png
22:41:26.145 T:11432   ERROR: CImageLoader::DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.studios.white/Channel 4.png
22:41:26.828 T:14840   ERROR: CImageLoader::DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.studios.white/Fox.png
22:41:28.375 T:10212   ERROR: CImageLoader::DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.studios.white/BBC Three.png
22:41:29.314 T:10212   ERROR: CImageLoader::DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.studios.white/Netflix.png
22:41:30.381 T:14840   ERROR: CImageLoader::DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.studios.white/CBS.png
22:41:32.000 T:11432   ERROR: CImageLoader::DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.studios.white/BBC One.png
22:41:32.820 T:14108   ERROR: CImageLoader::DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.studios.white/Netflix.png
22:41:34.290 T:14108   ERROR: CImageLoader::DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.studios.white/NBC.png
22:41:36.336 T:11432   ERROR: CImageLoader::DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.studios.white/SciFi.png
22:41:36.552 T:11432   ERROR: CImageLoader::DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.studios.white/Animal Planet.png

installing the addon studio icons - white  takes care of that.. but shouldnt that just be installed by default if this is the default skin?
also looks like some of the studio icons are cut off in v18b1

but looking at the plugin resource files they are fine.
https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/resource....es/TNT.png
not so much a bug but more of a feature request:

show a 'loading' overlay when the user initiates the extended info on an actor. I hit up and saw nothing happen.. thought something was broken.. but turned out I just didnt wait long enough.
another bug for ya, looks like unicode is not properly displayed in the related fields for tv summary. 

can see that the unicode entities are the unicode apostrophes -- https://www.thetvdb.com/series/ozark/episodes/6735146
@thezoggy

It is possible your issue is related to this. A fix is being worked on... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=335092

Did you scrape that show and notice the unicode issue, or is it an existing show in your library?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
yep, looks like it is related and after some debugging i can confirm its deff a 'new' issue with tvdb. explains why previous stuff scraped was fine.
*update* scraper was updated with fix, confirmed it resolved that issue for me.
Squares In Audiocodec Media Flag Icons

A minor graphical issue but it's been annoying me for a wee while is that some of the audiocodec flag icons in Estuary have an unnecessary square at the end. For example, the FLAC one which I'd see the most (but have fixed locally);

Checking, there are six icons with the square under skin.estuary/media/flags/audiocodec which needs fixed;

alac.png Probably nicer if is was "ALAC" rather than "APPLE" too but I have no files using it, so meh!
ape.png
flac.png
pcm_bluray.png
pcm_s16le.png
pcm_s24le.png
(2018-09-06, 18:05)Reiver Wrote: Squares In Audiocodec Media Flag Icons

A minor graphical issue but it's been annoying me for a wee while is that some of the audiocodec flag icons in Estuary have an unnecessary square at the end. For example, the FLAC one which I'd see the most (but have fixed locally);

Checking, there are six icons with the square under skin.estuary/media/flags/audiocodec which needs fixed;

alac.png Probably nicer if is was "ALAC" rather than "APPLE" too but I have no files using it, so meh!
ape.png
flac.png
pcm_bluray.png
pcm_s16le.png
pcm_s24le.png

they are images you can do it your self get kodi texture tool and edit them
Textures\flags\audiocodec

I have already edited them for my own setups but it would be nice to get officially fixed.
View_50_List that user variable ListLabel2Var for ListItem that use isFolder=True don't show year and rating when sorting by year or rating.

xml:

<variable name="ListLabel2Var">
        <value condition="String.IsEmpty(Container.PluginName) + Container.Content(tvshows) + String.IsEqual(Container.SortMethod,$LOCALIZE[556])">$INFO[ListItem.Property(WatchedEpisodes)]$INFO[ListItem.Property(TotalEpisodes), / ,]</value>
        <value condition="String.IsEqual(Container.SortMethod,$LOCALIZE[556])">$INFO[ListItem.Year]</value>
        <value condition="!String.isempty(ListItem.Appearances)">$LOCALIZE[38026]: $INFO[ListItem.Appearances]</value>
        <value>$INFO[ListItem.Label2]</value>
    </variable>

as Label2 is not populate for items that are tvshow and folders inside plugin.
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bug reports5