• 144(current)
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
Zidoo is planning to release new players Z9S and Z10 w/Android 7 and Realtek 1296 SoC. No word on when.

Z9S
Quote:All aluminum alloy case
New upgraded Realtek 1296 Quad-core 64 A53 processor, 2G memory, 16GB eMMC super-large built-in storage, gigabit cable, 802.11ac 2T2R 867Mbps WIFI, Bluetooth 4.2.

Numerous interfaces:
SATA 3.0*2, USB 2.0*2, USB 3.0*2, Fiber optic *1, CVBS output *1, RS232*1, HDMI OUT 2.0a *1, HDMI IN 2.0*1

Full-function backlight learning remote control
Front LED five-segment display and various status display
12V 3A Power Supply
Powerful peripheral extensions, SATA 3.0*2, USB3.0*2, USB2.0*2
The new upgraded WIFI module supports 2T2R MIMO 867Mbps rate
New technology of picture quality optimization engine and optimized HDR transfer algorithm can accurately restore original colors when playing 4K HDR even without HDR TV, and support the function of SDR mapping HDR
Accurate frame rate switching and automatic resolution switching (23.976,59.94,25,30,50,60)
4k 60p point-to-point output, wide-color domain HDR/HDR10, 10Bit color depth, 1.07 billion colors
True 4K 60P decoding, H.265 /HEVC 10bit hard solution
Support 4K UHD Blue-ray navigation,
Powerful subtitle function, support any change of fonts, a variety of color effect optional, support online download subtitles;Support both SUP and ASS effects captions.
Unparalleled Poster Wall function, automatic scanning, automatic category series films and TV series, can be customized layout.
Support non-destructive audio formats such as SACD,DFF,DSF, APE,FLAC,WAV, and support CUE rails;Support mobile control without opening display device to listen to music.
Breaking the android SRC limit, audio sampling rate is up to 192K output
Benefit from ZIDOO's deep collaboration with REALTEK and ZIDOO's nearly two-year experience with REALTEK1295 based products, hundreds of thousands of users have feedback on their usage. ZIDOO brings hundreds of optimizations to the Z9S.
Support NFS,SMB V2,SMB V1 multiple sharing protocols
Support HTTP,RS232(can control ON/OFF),Control4 and many ways to control

Z10:
Quote:All aluminum alloy case
New upgraded Realtek 1296 Quad-core 64 A53 processor, 2G memory, 16GB eMMC super-large built-in storage, gigabit cable, 802.11ac 2T2R 867Mbps WIFI, Bluetooth 4.2.

Numerous interfaces:
SATA 3.0*2, USB 2.0*2, USB 3.0*2, Fiber optic *1, Oaxial *1, AV video output *1, Left and Right channel output *1 , RS232*1, HDMI OUT 2.0a *1, HDMI IN 2.0*1

Full-function backlight learning remote control
Front large LED display
12V 3A Power Supply
Powerful peripheral extensions, Built-in SATA 3.0*1, External SATA 3.0*1, USB3.0*2, USB2.0*2
The new upgraded WIFI module supports 2T2R MIMO 867Mbps rate
Independent dual SATA 3.0 interface with a built-in NSS patent metal hard disk extractor
Intelligent temperature-controlled double ball silent cooling fan.

New technology of picture quality optimization engine and optimized HDR transfer algorithm can accurately restore original colors when playing 4K HDR even without HDR TV, and support the function of SDR mapping HDR
Accurate frame rate switching and automatic resolution switching (23.976,59.94,25,30,50,60)
4k 60p point-to-point output, wide-color domain HDR/HDR10, 10Bit color depth, 1.07 billion colors
True 4K 60P decoding, H.265 /HEVC 10bit hard solution
Support 4K UHD Blue-ray navigation,
Powerful subtitle function, support any change of fonts, a variety of color effect optional, support online download subtitles;Support both SUP and ASS effects captions.
Unparalleled Poster Wall function, automatic scanning, automatic category series films and TV series, can be customized layout.
Support non-destructive audio formats such as SACD,DFF,DSF, APE,FLAC,WAV, and support CUE rails;Support mobile control without opening display device to listen to music.
Breaking the android SRC limit, audio sampling rate is up to 192K output
Benefiting from ZIDOO's deep collaboration with REALTEK and ZIDOO's nearly two-year experience with REALTEK1295 based products, hundreds of thousands of users have feedback on their usage. ZIDOO brings hundreds of Optimizations to the Z10.
Support NFS,SMB V2,SMB V1 multiple sharing protocols
Support HTTP,RS232(can control ON/OFF),Control4 and many ways to control
hello hdmkv,

The series Z would be available mid October, if there is no delay, and a bit more expensive than the X10 and X9S zidoo...

pictures should be available soon

see you
Sony XBR65x930c, Onkyo tx-nr656, Focal Dome 7.1, Zidoo X20PRO, Egreat A11, Apple TV 4K/infuse PRO.

I'll probably skip RTD1296, unless Zidoo adds some things compelling (something I haven't seen w/X20 & X20 Pro); Zidoo isn't happy that I haven't done my review of X20 as yet. It's a good player, but brings nothing to the table that X9S/X10 don't already do. Especially at the price point. Just can't see myself recommending it.
(2018-09-06, 00:26)hdmkv Wrote: I'll probably skip RTD1296, unless Zidoo adds some things compelling (something I haven't seen w/X20 & X20 Pro); Zidoo isn't happy that I haven't done my review of X20 as yet. It's a good player, but brings nothing to the table that X9S/X10 don't already do. Especially at the price point. Just can't see myself recommending it.
 Finallly!!!!!!!! Nod
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
There is something about Zidoo and Realtek chipset skipping frames. A lot of people complain about it but it hasn’t been fixed as of yet. I wonder if the new RTD1296 will carry on the same issue.
Can’t say I’ve seen skipped frames with X9S. What types of videos are people seeing these with?

Unlike Kodi, unfortunately there’s no codecinfo with the native player to see if frame skips or drops are happening. Just watching for them would be the only way I think.
(2018-09-07, 21:52)hdmkv Wrote: Can’t say I’ve seen skipped frames with X9S. What types of videos are people seeing these with?

Unlike Kodi, unfortunately there’s no codecinfo with the native player to see if frame skips or drops are happening. Just watching for them would be the only way I think.
Couple of links here. Most of the time people will complain about Zidoo outputting 23.976 as 23.98 causing skipped frames.
http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/...post-44907
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2728379

My take on it is a bit different. I think skipped frames are related to video hardware/software decoder issue.
http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/...post-44952

Zidoo in general is skipping frames. The only format that is looking good is 3D MVC.
Recent firmware v.2.0.34 has horrible stutter:
http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/...post-44803

ZDMC (Kodi) player samples:
http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/...post-45238

@hdmkv you are correct. There is no codecinfo and skipped frames can only be observed by eye. It's not to the point of distracting and preventing from watching but occasional 4 to 6 times per movie on good quality HD and 4K. When you watch movie you see some blip in frame rate but when you focus right after you can't see it again. It's not that frequent. You get another one after a while 10, 15 minutes later when you forget about the first one Wink
I could set my phone slow motion camera and keep recording the movie while I'm watching. Quickly stop recording when I see something. Cut out the last part and post the link with slow motion 1/4 speed or lower. I can capture it if anybody is interested. Single frame skip will not look like much compared to a recent stutter issue with video from my link above. However if Zidoo or anybody is interested I can do the slomo video. I would really like this player to work well for my TV.
Hi all,

More informations about Z serie

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/...post-45763

See you
Sony XBR65x930c, Onkyo tx-nr656, Focal Dome 7.1, Zidoo X20PRO, Egreat A11, Apple TV 4K/infuse PRO.

When playing .mk3d, the internal player of ZDMC kicked in. Is there anyway to force it playing with external player

PS. I'm using 2.0.34

thanks
@3DBuff, I'm going to watch the next series of movies on X9S vs. Shield TV to see if I can spot those frame skips. I've really only been using Zidoo for 3D, and mostly relying on Shield TV for everything else.

@arryo, I assume you have external playback option enabled in ZDMC? If so, and it's still using internal ZDMC for playback, you could try modifying the playercorefactory.xml within the ZDMC folder (need to use file explorer). May or may not work. Another option is simply renaming .mk3d to .mkv. Just name your file something like Blade Runner 2049 (2017).3D.MVC.ATMOS.mkv.
@hdmkv I purchased Zidoo X9S in April following your excellent reviews Smile I had few Raspberry Pi's before that and it was time for me to upgrade player on my 4k HDR 3D TV LG OLED E6 series. Right from beginning coming off the Raspberry Pi I noticed single skipped frames. Nothing really serious but it was there compared to my old Pi. Now we have few more firmware versions on Zidoo and I went through couple on my TV as well. Unless I plug the Zidoo to my trusted Epson projector to verify single skipped frames, I can't be 100% sure it's all coming from Zidoo.

Waiting for your trusted opinion.

Stutter issue continues on latest firmware .34. Most of Web-Dl movies will have it specially lower bitrate file size 3 to 4 GB not larger 5 to 7.
720p Web-Dl also has stutter. Movies that have stutter can't be played on Zidoo correctly with proper frame rate at all. ZDMC (Kodi) player has constant skipping frames (can be seen on skip counter) and latest versions of Kodi for Android are even worse.

I'm not complaining, it's still one of the best players out there with BD menus, HT 2.0 and 4K HDR not to menton 3D. We just have to get those couple issues ironed out.
(2018-09-12, 03:27)hdmkv Wrote: @arryo, I assume you have external playback option enabled in ZDMC? If so, and it's still using internal ZDMC for playback, you could try modifying the playercorefactory.xml within the ZDMC folder (need to use file explorer). May or may not work. Another option is simply renaming .mk3d to .mkv. Just name your file something like Blade Runner 2049 (2017).3D.MVC.ATMOS.mkv.
 I just noticed that with internal ZDMC, the audio is passthrough and 3d is played perfectly so I keep it for now
Just seen the Z series is now available for pre-order. looking at the specs, can anyone tell me is there is any major upgrade from the X9S? I have two X9S boxes  at the moment so wondering if it would be worth the upgrade

Also, can anyone advise if a Western Digital  20TB usb powered hard drive will work connected to the X9S? 

thanks
Where is it available for pre-order? There isn't any major upgrade, at least for A/V performance, that I've seen (having tried Zidoo's X20) from Realtek's RTD1295 SoC to RTD1296, so not expecting much of an upgrade from X to Z series. Maybe Zidoo has some refinements up its sleeve; we'll see when (serious, non brown-nosing) reviewers get their hands on them. I won't be one of them. No more freebies for me from manufacturers; will buy and test myself if anything looks worthwhile to try out/invest in.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
I was checking new Jurassic World 4K movie on my OLED E6 series. Opening scene when the small sub with strong headlights is moving under water. Slight banding is visible all the time no matter if I select auto, 12 bit, 10 bit or off. Not much of a difference between all selections. Adjusting brightens couple of steps up and down from default 50 changes the range and visibility of bands but does not eliminate them. This is banding at near black levels. It almost looks like animated movie with the light as a strips of color.

Now the same scene 3D version. Image is a bit more grainy and a touch less detail but the lights are perfectly toned into 3D infinite depths of ocean Smile
  • 144(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8