v18 beta not resuming video
Has there been any feedback from others in which videos will not resume playback when stopping a video? I get prompted to resume, but when chosen, it starts from beginning.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
(2018-09-12, 09:30)Klojum Wrote: To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
 Didn't realize i needed to add the advancedsetttings.xml file. Copied over the one from v17 and it works.
(2018-09-13, 22:18)mzup Wrote: Didn't realize i needed to add the advancedsetttings.xml file
I didn't realise either. Which XML tag did you copy over to enable Resume Points?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
well perhaps it was coincidence. there is nothin really in the xml file to fix it. this is all I had in mine:
-<advancedsettings>
-<network>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<cachemembuffersize>157286400</cachemembuffersize>
<readbufferfactor>20</readbufferfactor>
</network>
</advancedsettings>
Yes, complete co-incidence. Those tags have nothing to do with Resume Point. In fact, that won't work in v17 or newer, so it is having no affect on your system.

See... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Probably related: https://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/18041

I´m facing that issue with BR ISO files only

But as long as we don´t see a logfile, we can´t tell anything.
Happens here as well, on yesterday's v18 nightly on Android TV
In most of the cases audio is on from resume point, however video is either nothing showing at all (can see GUI) or black screen
debug: vihecuguki (paste)

thanks!
Not related to this problem.

I would consider to open your own thread and remove banned add-on before.
Well it is not 'a resuming video problem' thread, is it?

didn't know that TV catch-up UK is banned... what's in it to be ban? won't argue either
TV Catchup isn't banned. The problem repo is xbmchub, which contains and gives access to various banned addons (wiki) and is therefore itself banned.

We offer no support to any device containing anything off that list (add-on or repo) through the policy already mentioned.

I would advise to remove that repo from your system, and if you have installed any add-ons from it then seek an alternative and legitimate source for them if you want them to continue to be updated should such new versions become available.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2018-09-25, 09:12)Shanyel Wrote: what's in it to be ban? won't argue either
18:02:27.352 T:18446744072054872352 NOTICE: ADDON: repository.xbmchub v3.0.0 installed

(2018-09-25, 09:12)Shanyel Wrote: Well it is not 'a resuming video problem' thread, is it?

Read the title:

"v18 beta not resuming video"

Your movie/video gets resumed, it only doesn´t show a screen. The video for the op seems not to resume at all. It starts from the beginning. For you, your video seems to resume (if I understood correctly) but you don´t get a screen. So you might have a different problem.
(2018-09-24, 19:09)Shanyel Wrote: In most of the cases audio is on from resume point, however video is either nothing showing at all (can see GUI) or black screen

^^ that´s different Wink
One may think that Audio is resuming and video is not means 'v18 beta not resuming video'...
LOL I need a lawyer on both items ;-) banned add-on and some help to find the semantics...

Ciao, will open a new thread...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
v18 beta not resuming video0