• 43(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
(2018-09-09, 20:50)fernicus Wrote: ... after running a scan and it doing it's download thing, when I go into a new movies folder, only the movie file is there, whereas with Artwork Downloader the new images would be saved along with the movie file. Is there something I'm missing or a default directory that the images are stored to?
Configure Artwork Beef to download artwork. It downloads nothing by default, leaving that up to Kodi's built in image (texture) caching.

(2018-09-10, 13:42)chrissix Wrote: @rmrector 
In the latest version is the option to save fanarts to the local file system has disappeared can this be? I used the feature very often.

Also KeyArt support has completely disappeared.
The last version I have released at this point in time is 0.21.3, and both options are in the same place they've been since keyart was introduced.

Turns out I don't have the labels right for Krypton and below so the options to download artwork look even goofier than they were designed, but they are at the bottom of the tabs in add-on settings. I will have a fix for that in the next version.

@zanders see above.

(2018-09-12, 22:32)homerjs Wrote: I installed the rector repo but it doesn't do anything, I cant seem to get into it...click on it and it just thinks about it...thoughts?
Either manually check for updates to add-ons in Kodi, or restart Kodi, and if still nothing then post a debug log recorded while you manually check for add-on updates and try to open the repo.

@manfeed It's an intermittent issue with fanart.tv servers. See related post on fanart.tv forums.
restarted and it is now working, thanks for this, appreciate your work on this
Hi @rmrector,
I'm finding problems with some films/TV Shows.
Adding a film named "Campeones" (from Spain) to my library, Artwork beef doesn't find any artwork. But you can see in fanart.tv that there is 1 clearlogo to download (and some other artworks).
Minimun rate is set to 0 so, that could not be the problem.

I couldn't add any clearlogo to the new "Jack Ryan" tv show.

My addon is up to date and it works with all othe films and tv shows.

Thank you very much for your help.
Regarding Fanart.tv & API:

In the settings is written "Personal API Key"
But the error message says "wrong blabla Project Key"

The Personal API Key will not get accepted, only the Project Key is positive on my side.

To prevent confusion maybe correcting in settings what key is really needed.
(2018-09-15, 21:04)Milkado Wrote: "Jack Ryan" tv show
(2018-09-15, 21:04)Milkado Wrote: "Campeones" (from Spain)
You won't see them in artworkbeef for a day or 2 unless you are a fanart VIP and use your own APIKey, recently approved images don't show as soon as they are posted for regular people you have to wait about a week
Version 0.22.0 released.

New features are options to control languages for automatic processing, simpler options for download configuration (off, all artwork configured to be added automatically, and the previous complex configuration), and an option to disable movie set artwork subfolders. There are also clearer messages when API keys are incorrect, a couple of speed-ups for certain configurations, and it will prefer TMDB IDs (if they exist in the Kodi library) for movie lookups on fanart.tv, which should be more reliable for newer movies.

Finally there is an option to enable a couple of debug context items, one that removes all artwork for the selected item, and another that logs helpful info for the selected item to the standard Kodi log.
I've been spinning through a lot of the documentation and maybe I just missed it, but I'm wondering for someone who just basically wants to nuke and start fresh (I'm happy to even let anything I've got stored locally in the path with my files get deleted), nuke it all, start over with Beef and grab EVERYTHING (best it can do) and save locally, what's the way to do that?

Also, considering I have a library whose files sometimes change names when I replace them with a better quality version, is there any merit to just using stuff like fanart.png, poster.png, etc, vs MovieName-fanart.png and MovieName-poster.png?  This plugin seems to grab the latter but not the former.
hi .. I'm probably goint to ask a stupid question .. so apologies for that .. but I can't seem to figure it out.
So, as most people here .. installed artwork beef, since artwork downloader doesn't seem to work anymore. Great add-on so far.
As of last week, I'm starting to use movie sets. But for some reason, I can't seem to change the poster & fanart of the movie set .. to what has been downloaded.

So I choose context on the movie set. I Choose manage, then "choose art" ..then I get the screen with "poster, fanart, .." .. Beefart has added poster1 and fanart1, keyart and such there. And use poster1 I can see the downloaded movie set poster. But how do I change the movie set to that poster? Because the poster only changes when I select an image from the "poster" tab ... but under there, there is not the loaded collection image.

it's driving me nuts Smile
@aneurysm-

See the section on Movie Collection... https://rmrector.github.io/script.artwor...fromfiles/ .

Probably easiest if you just set up the central movie set folder. If you did, then Artwork Beef would automatically load your movieset artwork for you, and no need to perform the Choose Art method.

If you still wanted to use Choose Art, then the skins are looking for "Poster" to display. It does not recognise "Poster1".
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-09-18, 03:56)BDPNA Wrote: I've been spinning through a lot of the documentation and maybe I just missed it, but I'm wondering for someone who just basically wants to nuke and start fresh (I'm happy to even let anything I've got stored locally in the path with my files get deleted), nuke it all, start over with Beef and grab EVERYTHING (best it can do) and save locally, what's the way to do that?

Also, considering I have a library whose files sometimes change names when I replace them with a better quality version, is there any merit to just using stuff like fanart.png, poster.png, etc, vs MovieName-fanart.png and MovieName-poster.png?  This plugin seems to grab the latter but not the former.
 1. Artwork Beef doesn't make it super easy to nuke all existing art. The closest you can get is to run Artwork Beef from "Program add-ons" and run "Remove artwork for media type ..." for each media type, but that still won't touch the local files.

2. Yes, Artwork Beef identifies existing artwork both ways, and gives you an option to change the name it uses to save files.

(2018-09-18, 12:34)aneurysm- Wrote: hi .. I'm probably goint to ask a stupid question .. so apologies for that .. but I can't seem to figure it out.
So, as most people here .. installed artwork beef, since artwork downloader doesn't seem to work anymore. Great add-on so far.
As of last week, I'm starting to use movie sets. But for some reason, I can't seem to change the poster & fanart of the movie set .. to what has been downloaded.

So I choose context on the movie set. I Choose manage, then "choose art" ..then I get the screen with "poster, fanart, .." .. Beefart has added poster1 and fanart1, keyart and such there. And use poster1 I can see the downloaded movie set poster. But how do I change the movie set to that poster? Because the poster only changes when I select an image from the "poster" tab ... but under there, there is not the loaded collection image.

it's driving me nuts Smile

If you are getting a poster1 image then you have likely enabled multiple posters in the add-on settings. One, on the "Movies" tab, make sure "Move set poster" is set to 1, and two, on the "Advanced" tab, make sure "Manually select multiple images for all media types" is disabled.

Selecting one fanart as primary is a bit awkward, but if you deselect all existing fanart with "AB: Select artwork" (not "Choose art"), then pick the primary fanart first, then any extra fanart you want, your skin should show the first fanart selected.
I've been happily using Artwork Beef for a few months now, with no major problems. Thanks for taking up the baton that Artwork Downloader started Smile

I do have one niggling issue though:

I pre-download most of my artwork (posters, fanart, banners and clearlogos) before adding movies and TV shows to my library, only having AB to register (and optionally download if I don't have them) the clearlogos to the database. I have all other artwork options turned off, as Kodi picks them up itself. I am noticing however that AB adds TV season banners to the database even though I have season-banner set to off in AB's settings, and I have no local season-banners in my files. I don't want season-banners at all, and I have to remove them using the "Remove artwork for media type..." option.

I'm wondering if there's a little bug in there causing this?

Thanks in advance!

~Jondar
(2018-09-20, 13:51)Jondar Wrote: I pre-download most of my artwork (posters, fanart, banners and clearlogos) before adding movies and TV shows to my library, only having AB to register (and optionally download if I don't have them) the clearlogos to the database. I have all other artwork options turned off, as Kodi picks them up itself. I am noticing however that AB adds TV season banners to the database even though I have season-banner set to off in AB's settings, and I have no local season-banners in my files. I don't want season-banners at all, and I have to remove them using the "Remove artwork for media type..." option.

I'm wondering if there's a little bug in there causing this?

The option works as expected for me, are you sure Artwork Beef is adding them? If you run "AB: Add missing artwork" on a TV show that are cleaned in your library but do have banners available at TheTVDB, do they come back?

Season banners are basic artwork in Kodi and handled like season posters and TV show fanart, so they could also be coming from a scraper or NFO file.
(2018-09-23, 22:57)rmrector Wrote: The option works as expected for me, are you sure Artwork Beef is adding them? If you run "AB: Add missing artwork" on a TV show that are cleaned in your library but do have banners available at TheTVDB, do they come back?

Season banners are basic artwork in Kodi and handled like season posters and TV show fanart, so they could also be coming from a scraper or NFO file.

Artwork Beef added them, based on the artwork report. I see lines like
Code:
Processing tvshow 'American Horror Story'
Not missing artwork, not looking for any
Updated artwork: season.8.poster, season.8.banner

Running "AB: Add missing artwork" doesn't add anything

The .nfo files I use don't have any references to images at all. I remove them.

I'm now wondering if it is the scraper, when it adds a new show, or adds a new season to an existing show.

I'll keep an eye on it.

Sorry for the bother! Smile

~Jondar
(2018-01-30, 05:02)rmrector Wrote: I'll probably add an option to save to the shorter names for movies and music videos ("[arttype].[ext]" vs "[movie file basename]-[arttype].[ext]"), but not to a name that goes against Kodi's convention ("clearlogo" only belongs as "clearlogo.png" or "[movie file basename]-clearlogo.png", not "logo.png"). Your media manager should be able to identify all artwork that matches Kodi's naming conventions (which it's had for several years), in addition to whatever other options they add. Artwork Beef's behavior is noted in the documentation.
rmector:

1) Is there an option to name files excluding the movie name? Reason I ask, is because I have movies with very long names.
2) Is there an option to prefer local artwork, but if not available to download from preferred site?

Thanks
Hi there. I'm using Kodi 17.6 with Grid as the skin. I installed Artwork Beef and had everything working fine. Now, I no longer get the "AB: xxxxx" context menu options after selecting Manage on a media item. 

I've tried changing the "Enable Artwork Beef context items" setting but this hasn't made a difference. 

Any suggestions/advice on getting this feature back much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I've sorted this issue. Not sure but probably user error  Blush
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5