v18 Movie scrapers often fail to honour SETTING_USE_DIRECTORY_NAMES
On v18 (e7082), the scraper setting SETTING_USE_DIRECTORY_NAMES appears to be honoured inconsistently.  Some folders within the same source scan correctly, but others appear to ignore this setting entirely and are only searched by filename.  This results in many items not added to the library.  This occurs regardless of the scraper configured, and occurs after resetting source content type, clearing all items from the path, and rescanning.  There does not appear to be anything in common to the path names that fail to be passed to the scrapers correctly.

Debug with an example: https://pastebin.com/nkSGMpab
(2018-09-10, 18:37)sPOiDar Wrote: the scraper setting SETTING_USE_DIRECTORY_NAMES
I don't recall ever seeing this setting. Can you post a screenshot thanks.

It might also help if you update your scraper to the latest version.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Think he means the not scraper related "Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title" setting Smile
Yes, I guessed that. But if the member cant provide the simple correct name, then there is little chance the rest of the information and problems he describes are correct.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Definitely Smile

I already invalidated the report here: https://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/18029
...and suggested him/ her to come to the forum with a debug log. A full log would also help, but I suppose something is really messed up with his/ her source settings.
(2018-09-11, 01:50)Karellen Wrote: Yes, I guessed that. But if the member cant provide the simple correct name, then there is little chance the rest of the information and problems he describes are correct.
 That's an somewhat aggressive way to phrase things.  I pulled the setting out of the source while I was trying to track down where the invalid data was coming from.  The corresponding UI text is: "Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title".

I've described the problem as accurately as I can, though I can agree that I find the behaviour as described highly unusual.  Scraper is the latest version, however the log message in the debug log is produced by Kodi before the scraper is invoked, so it would appear that it is the Kodi code that is responsible for producing the bogus data.
(2018-09-11, 09:09)olympia Wrote: Definitely Smile

I already invalidated the report here: https://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/18029
...and suggested him/ her to come to the forum with a debug log. A full log would also help, but I suppose something is really messed up with his/ her source settings.
 This source was working on previous Kodi versions. A full log would take a mammoth effort to sanitize, but if there are any particularly relevant sections you're interested in, I can pull them out.
@sPOiDar

Both olympia (who is the Kodi add-on author for TheMovieDB and Universal Movie Scrapers) and myself are unable to replicate the issue you describe.

Until you provide a full log, there is nothing else we can do.

Not sure what you mean by "sanitise", but if it is passwords then a simple Search and Replace will fix it, (but it also indicates you have unofficial add-ons installed as no official add-on will reveal passwords in the log). If you mean hide evidence of the banned add-ons, then we are not interested in the issue you described.

We'll respond when we see a full and complete log that captures the issue.
My Signature
(2018-09-18, 04:42)Karellen Wrote: Both olympia (who is the Kodi add-on author for TheMovieDB and Universal Movie Scrapers) and myself are unable to replicate the issue you describe.

Until you provide a full log, there is nothing else we can do.
I mean, I've contributed to Kodi core and the Universal scrapers under another alias, so I'm not exactly a noob here.
(2018-09-18, 04:42)Karellen Wrote: Not sure what you mean by "sanitise", but if it is passwords then a simple Search and Replace will fix it, (but it also indicates you have unofficial add-ons installed as no official add-on will reveal passwords in the log). If you mean hide evidence of the banned add-ons, then we are not interested in the issue you described.
I'm a little baffled by the repeatedly combative responses to a (long-standing) member looking for help here - this forum must be full of terrible people or something. I meant stripping any leaky personal information, like API keys (search and replace should work here, but only if I can find them all), and removing any scene suffixes from media file names (more significantly problematic).
(2018-09-18, 04:42)Karellen Wrote: We'll respond when we see a full and complete log that captures the issue.
The log fragment provided illustrates that the described behaviour is occurring at least. If you can't give me any idea of what logs components would be helpful, then unless I can find an easy way to sanitise a full log without inadvertently damaging relevant information, it may end up being faster for me to just try and track down where this is happening in the Kodi code (since the logs indicate this happening there, rather than inside the scrapers themselves), though I was hoping I might find someone familiar with this part of the code, to point me in the right direction as far as untangling that spaghetti.
I am not being combative, I am simply stating what we need, and that there is nothing we can do until we get it.

If you are concerned about privacy of your log, then PM either me or @olympia with the link and we will share it between us.

Please stop reading emotion into the posts.
My Signature
(2018-09-18, 07:48)Karellen Wrote: IIf you are concerned about privacy of your log, then PM either me or @olympia with the link and we will share it between us.
 Thanks for taking a look, PM with logs on the way.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie scrapers often fail to honour SETTING_USE_DIRECTORY_NAMES0