• 430(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
(2018-09-16, 18:40)DaveBlake Wrote: I'm getting infrequent (but so far daily) seg fault crashes running LE 8.90.004 (v18 Beta1) on RPi2, so far always during music playback but I don't think that media is the issue. Playing boring FLAC that have played OK before, and replay without issue. I'm not sure it is a music issue either, more likely just that I spend a lot of time playing music compared to video! Crash happens after at least 4 hours of playback, and generally only once is 14 hours although it did happen twice in 15mins on one occassion.

Wondering if any Millhouse build users have experienced similar?

No addons, no viz, infact running with TV off and using JSON (via Chorus and Yatse) to control remotely. Crash logs available, for example https://pastebin.com/4HHwUUeZ if that gives anyone some hints to the issue. Hoping that @Milhouse  has an "aha" moment. What component logging can I usefully enable?
 @DaveBlake kodi seems to be crashing in CUtil::ValidatePath (xbmc/Util.cpp) servicing a JsonRPC request. The audio library is also involved Smile
Code:
#0  0x74d73fe4 in std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::basic_string(std::string const&) () from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
#1  0x005f7984 in CUtil::ValidatePath(std::string const&, bool) ()
#2  0x005ff2f4 in CURL::Parse(std::string const&) ()
#3  0x009e49e4 in ?? ()
#4  0x004c4800 in CMusicDatabase::GetSongByFileName(std::string const&, CSong&, long long) ()
#5  0x00490f50 in JSONRPC::CAudioLibrary::FillFileItem(std::string const&, std::shared_ptr<CFileItem>&, CVariant const&) ()
#6  0x0046aa0c in JSONRPC::CPlayerOperations::GetItem(std::string const&, JSONRPC::ITransportLayer*, JSONRPC::IClient*, CVariant const&, CVariant&) ()
#7  0x004814c4 in JSONRPC::CJSONRPC::HandleMethodCall(CVariant const&, CVariant&, JSONRPC::ITransportLayer*, JSONRPC::IClient*) ()
#8  0x004816ec in JSONRPC::CJSONRPC::MethodCall(std::string const&, JSONRPC::ITransportLayer*, JSONRPC::IClient*) ()
#9  0x009dea40 in CHTTPJsonRpcHandler::HandleRequest() ()
#10 0x005126f0 in CWebServer::HandleRequest(std::shared_ptr<IHTTPRequestHandler> const&) ()
#11 0x00512c2c in CWebServer::HandlePartialRequest(MHD_Connection*, CWebServer::ConnectionHandler*, HTTPRequest const&, char const*, unsigned int*, void**) ()
#12 0x0050fc24 in CWebServer::AnswerToConnection(void*, MHD_Connection*, char const*, char const*, char const*, char const*, unsigned int*, void**) ()
#13 0x009f0c1c in ?? ()

Enabling JsonRPC logging could provide some more hints - but probably you're the one here with the most experience in the audio library code Smile

so long,

Hias
Thanks @HiassofT for taking an interest, Millhouse pointed me at JSON too.
(2018-09-17, 11:38)HiassofT Wrote:  @DaveBlake kodi seems to be crashing in CUtil::ValidatePath (xbmc/Util.cpp) servicing a JsonRPC request. The audio library is also involved Smile
That crash log does show a call to CMusicDatabase::GetSongByFileName, but I have a couple more that still relate to the Player.GetItem JSON call but don't get as far as the DB, so not quite in my backyard.

For example
Code:
#0 0x74de0fe4 in std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::basic_string(std::string const&) () from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
#1 0x005f7984 in CUtil::ValidatePath(std::string const&, bool) ()
#2 0x005ff2f4 in CURL::Parse(std::string const&) ()
#3 0x009e49e4 in ?? ()
#4 0x0042fb70 in XFILE::CDirectory::Exists(std::string const&, bool) ()
#5 0x00490e54 in JSONRPC::CAudioLibrary::FillFileItem(std::string const&, std::shared_ptr<CFileItem>&, CVariant const&) ()
#6 0x0046aa0c in JSONRPC::CPlayerOperations::GetItem(std::string const&, JSONRPC::ITransportLayer*, JSONRPC::IClient*, CVariant const&, CVariant&) ()
#7 0x004814c4 in JSONRPC::CJSONRPC::HandleMethodCall(CVariant const&, CVariant&, JSONRPC::ITransportLayer*, JSONRPC::IClient*) ()
#8 0x004816ec in JSONRPC::CJSONRPC::MethodCall(std::string const&, JSONRPC::ITransportLayer*, JSONRPC::IClient*) ()
#9 0x009dea40 in CHTTPJsonRpcHandler::HandleRequest() ()
#10 0x005126f0 in CWebServer::HandleRequest(std::shared_ptr<IHTTPRequestHandler> const&) ()
#11 0x00512c2c in CWebServer::HandlePartialRequest(MHD_Connection*, CWebServer::ConnectionHandler*, HTTPRequest const&, char const*, unsigned int*, void**) ()
#12 0x0050fc24 in CWebServer::AnswerToConnection(void*, MHD_Connection*, char const*, char const*, char const*, char const*, unsigned int*, void**) ()
The string parameter in that CUtil::ValidatePath call is g_application.CurrentFile(), and I am wondering if this is sometimes being deleted in the middle of the JSON processing, say if player track change and JSON call coincide.

Anyway I have enabled logging and set a script running to make lots of Player.GetItems calls during playback. So far it is stubbornly refusing to crash of course Tongue
I'll report back when I have something.

EDIT: I think I have found the cause of the seg fault - it was as I suspected above, the JSON thread using a pointer to something that the main thread could deleted in the meantime. Fix in PR14454
(2018-09-17, 09:31)frank74 Wrote:
(2018-09-10, 21:17)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-09-10, 17:28)frank74 Wrote: Hi Milhouse,

thanks for your response. I tested a lot of test builds during the last hours.
The followinf test scenarios:
- complete Network boot wir path to boot files and storage dir.
- clean storage dir only with advancedsettings.xml
- tested with complete redirect of masterprofile and redirect of special files in masterprofile
- the problem is only with sources.xml and passwords.xml. if both are not redirected it is working, a complete redirect of masterprofile is also not working.
- Same problem with smb and nfs redirect (nfs has no username/password for the protocol)

as I said, i made a lot of tests and I hope a made no mistake!

Up to 0326 is working and from 0327 its not working.

The obvious candidate in #0327 is the following:
(2018-03-27, 22:45)Milhouse Wrote: Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [xbmc] fix credentials in an URL in case of VFS add-on. (PR:13680, 2 commits, 5 files changed)

This is quite a serious bug that will affect many that are using path substitution, I would imagine.

The next step would be to produce a simple test case and open an issue on trac.kodi.tv. And/or ping @afedchin.

Edit: I've pinged @afedchin, he'll try and have a look at it tomorrow which may avoid having to create a trac ticket. 

Hi Milhouse,

any news about the Problem? Can/Should I do something or is it on the way??

thanks
Frank

@afedchin managed to reproduce the issue, and confirmed it is due to the passwords.xml file being path substituted and being loaded from a location that requires authentication. It's something of an impossible situation - you can't load the passwords.xml from an authenticated url when the authentication details are inside the passwords.xml file... Currently he's not sure how to fix it. Indeed, there may not be a solution (although it would be nice if Kodi didn't crash).

A short term solution (maybe the only solution) would be to not use path substitution for the passwords.xml file.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Weekly Linux 4.19-rc4 build #0916x: RPi / RPi2

Packages disabled/not included:
text:

DVB Driver Addons (CrazyCat incompatible with 4.19-rc)
Known issues:
text:

RTL8188EU, RTL8192CU/DU/EU, RTL8812AU: driver changes untested
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-09-17, 15:50)Milhouse Wrote: A short term solution (maybe the only solution) would be to not use path substitution for the passwords.xml file.

I have done this... at the moment I have the files local. But as I can remember, it crashes not only with password.xml. I have to move sources.xml and passwords.xml to the local userdir to get it working!

why should it not be possible to use the old configuration style as alternative: smb://username:[email protected]/share for example? i think there will be no other option for that hen, egg problem (what was first?)
I use the "old" nfs protocoll (2?) without username password so it should work here?! I export the share for a specific (static) IP with RW rights, thats all.
(2018-09-06, 21:48)Solo0815 Wrote:
(2018-09-06, 09:45)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-09-06, 07:42)Solo0815 Wrote: I'm back on 0808 and will do more tests. Has anyone the same problem or a clue, what is causing this underun?

Can you compare #0814 with #0815 and confirm if either build has crackling? If they both do, then the issue is introduced somewhere between #0809 and #0814. If neither has the issue, then the crackling is introduced between #0816 and #0903... Knowing which is the first build with the issue will help a lot.  
I'll try to find the build where the issue started and report here. I haven't found a pattern for the crackling sound atm. It occurs from time to time. A restart helps ... 
I can't reproduce it with the latest builds 1009 and 1509 and no one else had the problem, so I'd consider it as "solved" Wink
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2018-09-17, 17:26)frank74 Wrote: I have done this... at the moment I have the files local. But as I can remember, it crashes not only with password.xml. I have to move sources.xml and passwords.xml to the local userdir to get it working!

Yes, I think afedchin said that sources.xml was also affected (though I'm not entirely sure why).

(2018-09-17, 17:26)frank74 Wrote: why should it not be possible to use the old configuration style as alternative: smb://username:[email protected]/share for example? i think there will be no other option for that hen, egg problem (what was first?)

I would have thought the embedded "username:password@server" url might work. Maybe just keep passwords.xml and sources.xml as local files, and path sub the rest?

(2018-09-17, 17:26)frank74 Wrote: I use the "old" nfs protocoll (2?) without username password so it should work here?! I export the share for a specific (static) IP with RW rights, thats all.
NFS should be fine.
(2018-09-13, 21:07)gnaag Wrote: Hi, I have collected some information and logs for the issue with steam controller not working on your test builds even though the driver is now part of 4.18 kernel's usbhid.

I have disabled libreelec's Steam controller module and rebooted kodi. Steam controller's LED is on, in all logs steam controller is detected. However the kodi doesn't react in any way to buttons, stick or pads on my steam controller. Not in interface, nor in controller setup.

This is dmesg
This is kodi log
This is lsmod

This is result of lsusb. 28de:1142  is steam controller.
Code:
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 062a:4101 MosArt Semiconductor Corp. Wireless Keyboard/Mouse
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 28de:1142  
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMC9514 Hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

When trying to manually restart usbhid, libreelec complains that usbhid is already a built-in module.

The reason why inbuilt module is much better solution than libreelec addon based on ynsta's driver for steam-controller is support for multiple controllers. That's why I am looking for solution.

@garbear This may be somehow related to gamepads setup tool as well.
Hi, I am not quite sure, whether you have seen this. Am I posting it in a wrong forum?
(2018-09-17, 20:24)gnaag Wrote: Hi, I am not quite sure, whether you have seen this. Am I posting it in a wrong forum?

Who is this directed at - if me, then yes I've seen it and yes this is the correct forum (and no, I don't have a solution at this time).
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0917: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: d24d69165abd9a6d3c04372a46f567ea140e149de690c4f37a8b1d6e65c3214a (RPi)
SHA256 Checksum: 7b242c3f690b5255340cf321acd9feaafae0d6df92f5ee4d8a7cdd31690ce25d (RPi2)

text:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.18.8 #1 Mon Sep 17 21:06:22 BST 2018 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Sep 10 2018 17:31:37
Copyright © 2012 Broadcom
version 46671264d2e10a76c8071b7b084a5409b1afc2cc (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20180917210358-#0917-g56eae68 [Build #0917]

# Kodi version
(18.0-BETA3 Git:519b9c2). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (56eae68, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (519b9c2, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New 4.18.8 kernel
  2. SQLite 3.25.0
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [PVR] CFileItem PVR ctors: No need to set label2 (PR:14442, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [videoplayer] Fix crash if demuxffmpeg's AddStream method returns null. (PR:14444, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • VideoPlayer: fix edge case where input stream sets chunk size for liv (PR:14443, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • WebDAV: Fix folder display names for WebDAV sources. (PR:14403, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • ActivateWindow return reset history if different starting path (PR:13493, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • GUIWindowManager: Don't mess with RetroPlayer when activating windows (PR:14436, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. kernel 4.18.y:
    • New commits in this build:
      • vchiq: Try allocating with GFP_NOIO (6d3b89ae)
      • cxd2880: CXD2880_SPI_DRV should select DVB_CXD2880 with MEDIA_SUBDRV_AUTOSELECT (8e0be2bd)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • Revert "mm, compaction: allow compaction for GFP_NOFS requests" (0278dc03)
      • Revert "Revert "mm, compaction: allow compaction for GFP_NOFS requests"" (28de7551)
      • Revert "Revert "mm: alloc_contig: re-allow CMA to compact FS pages"" (4863c497)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [env] PR:2913 (perma): linux (RPi): update to linux-4.18.8
    • Added: [env] PR:2977 (perma): sqlite: update to sqlite-autoconf-3250000
    • Added: [env] PR:2979 (perma): scripts/get: wget uses bar indicators
    • Updated: [pkg] PR:14341 (perma): input: libinput: add setting to allow changing keymap layout
(2018-09-17, 19:54)Milhouse Wrote: I would have thought the embedded "username:password@server" url might work. Maybe just keep passwords.xml and sources.xml as local files, and path sub the rest?
Quote:I use the "old" nfs protocoll (2?) without username password so it should work here?! I export the share for a specific (static) IP with RW rights, thats all.
NFS should be fine. 

Hi Milhouse,

no, nfs is not fine... Sad
I use nfs2 and get this error and smb with username:password@Server is also not working! Sad only local passwords.xml and sources.xml is working! Sad

Thanks for your support

Frank
(2018-09-18, 10:47)frank74 Wrote:
(2018-09-17, 19:54)Milhouse Wrote: I would have thought the embedded "username:password@server" url might work. Maybe just keep passwords.xml and sources.xml as local files, and path sub the rest?
Quote:I use the "old" nfs protocoll (2?) without username password so it should work here?! I export the share for a specific (static) IP with RW rights, thats all.
NFS should be fine. 

Hi Milhouse,

no, nfs is not fine... Sad
I use nfs2 and get this error and smb with username:password@Server is also not working! Sad only local passwords.xml and sources.xml is working! Sad

Thanks for your support

Frank

If your passwords.xml/sources.xml is path subbed to an authenticated smb share then all your sources (nfs or not) will be broken as your sources.xml file can't be read.

If however you were using nfs:// for path substitution then I would have thought that might work.

And if it doesn't work, then maybe it's time to ditch path substitution entirely...
Can I use the Testbuilds for my rpi3 b+ too?
(2018-09-18, 13:37)syrell Wrote: Can I use the Testbuilds for my rpi3 b+ too?
Sure. From first post of this thread:
Quote:RPi 3/RPi 3+ users: Use RPi2 builds.
@Milhouse, is there any chance you can include #14437 in your next build so I can test it for @garbear per this post?  Thanks
  • 430(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24