Watching shows while recording is in progress
I have read previously that Kodi could be a bit funky when attempting to watch a tv show while it is currently recording. A) was this true, B) has it been addressed in Leia?
Don't know where you heard that but I have not found that to be the case.  The only thing is that when you start watching the show, Kodi thinks it's only as long as the part that has already been recorded, so the display of minutes remaining will be inaccurate.  However it will happily keep playing after what it thinks is the end time as long as there is more recording left to play.  I don't know if there is any way that could be avoided.

I have occasionally had some general issues with playback in Kodi, for example when trying to skip ahead it occasionally will stop playback altogether, or even more rarely it will crash Kodi completely, but those things happen on completed recordings as well.  Maybe someone had a problem like that and mentally associated it with playing a show that was currently recording, but my experience is that if Kodi is having problems it doesn't matter whether the recording is complete or not.
(2018-08-28, 20:03)xbmclinuxuser Wrote: Don't know where you heard that but I have not found that to be the case.  The only thing is that when you start watching the show, Kodi thinks it's only as long as the part that has already been recorded, so the display of minutes remaining will be inaccurate.  However it will happily keep playing after what it thinks is the end time as long as there is more recording left to play.  I don't know if there is any way that could be avoided.

I have occasionally had some general issues with playback in Kodi, for example when trying to skip ahead it occasionally will stop playback altogether, or even more rarely it will crash Kodi completely, but those things happen on completed recordings as well.  Maybe someone had a problem like that and mentally associated it with playing a show that was currently recording, but my experience is that if Kodi is having problems it doesn't matter whether the recording is complete or not.
 @"xbmclinuxuser" Thank you for your feedback and glad to hear I am incorrect (has been a minor thing in the back of my mind as I have been building the kodi system for our house, keeping it wife friiendly)
(2018-08-28, 21:15)clones Wrote:
(2018-08-28, 20:03)xbmclinuxuser Wrote: Don't know where you heard that but I have not found that to be the case.  The only thing is that when you start watching the show, Kodi thinks it's only as long as the part that has already been recorded, so the display of minutes remaining will be inaccurate.  However it will happily keep playing after what it thinks is the end time as long as there is more recording left to play.  I don't know if there is any way that could be avoided.

@"xbmclinuxuser" Thank you for your feedback and glad to hear I am incorrect (has been a minor thing in the back of my mind as I have been building the kodi system for our house, keeping it wife friiendly)  
Hi @"xbmclinuxuser" I found the link of what got me thinking of this issue: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=282357 & here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=290329
I've tested a lot (DVBViewer, Enigma, Mediaportal, WMC, NextPVR and TVH) unter 17.6 + Win 10.

The only PVR-Backend which works fine is TVHeadend.
There you can start a in progress recording from "Recordings" or directly from the EPG.
This is the most annoying of Kodi.

Somewhere I have read that there will be an improvement in Kodi 18.
So I've tested the Beta 2 + DVBViewer and it still not works as expected.
(2018-09-25, 07:10)Keksebacker Wrote: I've tested a lot (DVBViewer, Enigma, Mediaportal, WMC, NextPVR and TVH) unter 17.6 + Win 10.

The only PVR-Backend which works fine is TVHeadend.
There you can start a in progress recording from "Recordings" or directly from the EPG.
This is the most annoying of Kodi.

Somewhere I have read that there will be an improvement in Kodi 18.
So I've tested the Beta 2 + DVBViewer and it still not works as expected.
Thanks @Keksebacker that has been my experience so far with Leia as well. I have been thinking about tvheadend a little, I pull together ps vue & ota channels into simple iptv for my live tv, and have been starting to consider other options.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Watching shows while recording is in progress0