• 441(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2018-10-06, 15:05)mclingo Wrote: i'd settle for stock KODI adding the ability to use external filters like MPC does
That's exactly what we'll never get. The main video player in Kodi will always remain the way it is (developed constantly, not meaning it never evolves). This has been made abundantly clear in the past.

What I still don't know if a binary addon could be introduced to provide what DSPlayer is offering us currently. That is, an extra video player. Since it already limits itself to adding an extra set of options and does not substitute VideoPlayer (the official Kodi one), I am left wondering if a binary addon could be doable.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
has anyone with the skills thought of maybe making a dsplayer like kodi that's updated and has all the proper tools that meets today's standards
Still waiting for Kodi 18 DSPlayer for years -.-  Youtube Adddon dosnt work properly with 17.6
(2018-10-06, 18:59)ashlar Wrote:
(2018-10-06, 15:05)mclingo Wrote: i'd settle for stock KODI adding the ability to use external filters like MPC does
That's exactly what we'll never get. The main video player in Kodi will always remain the way it is (developed constantly, not meaning it never evolves). This has been made abundantly clear in the past.

What I still don't know if a binary addon could be introduced to provide what DSPlayer is offering us currently. That is, an extra video player. Since it already limits itself to adding an extra set of options and does not substitute VideoPlayer (the official Kodi one), I am left wondering if a binary addon could be doable. 
If a binary add-on was possible, it would be complicated by the fact DSPlayer needs a bunch of other external filters to work properly. It would probably be too complicated.
(2018-10-06, 22:10)Gee11 Wrote: Still waiting for Kodi 18 DSPlayer for years -.-  Youtube Adddon dosnt work properly with 17.6
 The YouTube add-on works for me. The version found in the official Kodi repository, at least. You can't use inputstream.adaptive. That is the only restriction. I have been using it frequently with 720p output with a default installation with a working YouTube user account.
(2018-05-30, 20:18)Warner306 Wrote: Configuring Your GPU – Refresh Rate, Color Format and Bit DepthImage
 Hi Warner, I have a problem with output color depth
I have Windows 10 pro build 1803, nVidia driver 398.36, TV Samsung UHD, latest madVR and LavFilter.
When i select RGB in the nVidia control panel, i have only the option 8 bpc.
I can select the 12 bpc if i setup YCBCR 422.
My screen resolution is 3480x2160 (native).

Thanks for your support.
Bye
Fabio
Set it to 24Hz, then 12bit will appear.  After you select it, change it back to 60Hz.  When you match refresh rates, it will auto change back to 24Hz/12bits.  If you ever reboot, it will revert back to 8bit using that driver.  An alternative is 385.28.  Many displays cannot handle 12bit properly and will introduce banding.  You might see better results using 8bit and only you will know.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Thanks brazen1.
But if I need to set 8bit and then play a 4K HDR 10bit video, I loss video quality?
No, there is no loss of quality. If you wanted to be really anal, you could set up two profiles in madVR and output from madVR at 8-bits when the content is above 30 fps and 10-bits when it is 30 fps or below to eliminate any extra dithering by the GPU.

If (deintFps <= 30) "10-bit"
else "8-bit"

I've never heard of an SDR display that can't handle 12-bits without creating banding. Only recent UHD displays seem to have this issue. My best guess is they are all 10-bit panels and 10-bit panels are new and haven't been perfected yet. I would guess they would also show some banding with a 10-bit input. The extra 2-bits shouldn't matter. The majority should handle 12-bit inputs as well or better than 8-bit inputs.
I'm having a problem with switching back to kodi after playing an HDR UHD Movie on a dual screen setup: My first display seems to be off for a short period and kodi is on the second display asking me if I want to keep that change (pressing no moves kodi to the first display(.

Is there a way to keep the first display always on so that kodi shows on it after finishing a movie?
You could try Launcher4Kodi.
(2018-10-07, 16:58)Warner306 Wrote: No, there is no loss of quality. If you wanted to be really anal, you could set up two profiles in madVR and output from madVR at 8-bits when the content is above 30 fps and 10-bits when it is 30 fps or below to eliminate any extra dithering by the GPU.

If (deintFps <= 30) "10-bit"
else "8-bit"

I've never heard of an SDR display that can't handle 12-bits without creating banding. Only recent UHD displays seem to have this issue. My best guess is they are all 10-bit panels and 10-bit panels are new and haven't been perfected yet. I would guess they would also show some banding with a 10-bit input. The extra 2-bits shouldn't matter. The majority should handle 12-bit inputs as well or better than 8-bit inputs.

I would like to be really anal about 8 bit and 12 bit switching. So my question is where exactly within madvr settings would I place this configuration for it to work, under what tab? Thanks for your help
Display: LG OLED77C9 | A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-X4500H | 2019 Nvidia Shield Tv Pro | Apple TV 4K | 2017 Roku Ultra | HTPC | Game PC | PS5 
(2018-10-07, 17:47)Warner306 Wrote: You could try Launcher4Kodi.
 I already use Launcher4Kodi to start Kodi, but it has no functions for playback in it.
(2018-10-07, 18:04)Slurm Wrote:
(2018-10-07, 17:47)Warner306 Wrote: You could try Launcher4Kodi.
 I already use Launcher4Kodi to start Kodi, but it has no functions for playback in it. 
Are you using the forced focus settings? And have you tried changing the shell?
(2018-10-07, 17:57)blackreign66 Wrote:
(2018-10-07, 16:58)Warner306 Wrote:  

I would like to be really anal about 8 bit and 12 bit switching. So my question is where exactly within madvr settings would I place this configuration for it to work, under what tab? Thanks for your help 
devices -> properties. Create two profiles for the properties field.
  • 441(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47