• 300(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2018-10-06, 12:30)x-rated Wrote:  I came from 8.2.5 only a couple of weeks ago i think around #0920. And it's been like that from the beginning. I'm not sure if it was something I did/didnt do. 
I just now tried 8.2.5 and it's ok. Back to #1005 and I get blank screen. I can try earlier versions and report back if you want?

Thanks, that might help - or start from a clean .kodi in case you've got some unusual setting that is causing the problem. Unfortunately I can't investigate anything right now, and I assume it's only you with this problem so far.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #1006: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: 67b37c1a3a5b9e66485c8b0244a80d3a5fbbb432b1bc4f07068c530ea5f3381c (Generic)

text:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.18.12 #1 SMP Sat Oct 6 21:05:29 BST 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20181006210251-#1006-g24504bb [Build #1006]

# Kodi version
(18.0-BETA4 Git:e67fb0d). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (24504bb, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (e67fb0d, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. ApplicationPlayer: Fix playlists by correctly switching players
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • slice-drivers: update to 8a2bdcd (PR:3023, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • u-boot: only append suffix when creating multiple u-boot variants (PR:3021, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • kernel 4.18.11 bump (PR:3022, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [pvr] Verify parent timer rule is deletable before prompting to delete it (PR:14527, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [Docs] Add documentation for Window IDs (PR:14509, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • ApplicationPlayer: Fix playlists by correctly switching players (PR:14525, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Reverted: [env] PR:3022 ([url=]perma): kernel 4.18.11 bump (meh)
    • Updated: [pkg] PR:14511 (perma): Introduce CServiceBroker::SettingsComponent
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-10-04, 14:02)menno Wrote:
(2018-10-03, 15:33)Milhouse Wrote: Those with the artefact problem, can you please test the following builds:

1002b: Generic - same as #0813
1002c: Generic - 1002b + PR14291
1002d: Generic - 1002c + PR14282
1002e: Generic - 1002d + PR14295

1002b should not have the artefact issue, while 1002e should have the artefact issue. I'm not expecting c & d to have it, but who knows for sure so please test them too.

Assuming the issue is confirmed as starting with 1002e then I might try and narrow it down to the specific commit with additional test builds.

Edit: We still need a debug log from an affected build which may reveal some specific GL/mesa behaviour that is hardware dependent.
I didnt have time to do all of them, bu I can confirm D does not have artifacts for me (asus chromebox 2014) 

Do you have custom configured OVERSCAN values? E.g. in kodi's gui calibration? Can you reset them please?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Gave it a go on my NUC7 which worked great with everything I tested (1080, 2160, 10bit etc).
For some reason I get smoother flow if I turn off Sync playback to display. There's a little micro stutter with it enabled.
(2018-10-07, 22:36)fritsch Wrote:
(2018-10-04, 14:02)menno Wrote:
(2018-10-03, 15:33)Milhouse Wrote: Those with the artefact problem, can you please test the following builds:

1002b: Generic - same as #0813
1002c: Generic - 1002b + PR14291
1002d: Generic - 1002c + PR14282
1002e: Generic - 1002d + PR14295

1002b should not have the artefact issue, while 1002e should have the artefact issue. I'm not expecting c & d to have it, but who knows for sure so please test them too.

Assuming the issue is confirmed as starting with 1002e then I might try and narrow it down to the specific commit with additional test builds.

Edit: We still need a debug log from an affected build which may reveal some specific GL/mesa behaviour that is hardware dependent.
I didnt have time to do all of them, bu I can confirm D does not have artifacts for me (asus chromebox 2014)  

Do you have custom configured OVERSCAN values? E.g. in kodi's gui calibration? Can you reset them please? 

I also have the artifacts visible, and can confirm that with overscan correction set back to 0,0 via the GUI,  the artifacts are no longer visible .
 hardware: asrock J3355m
(2018-10-09, 10:02)wowter Wrote:
(2018-10-07, 22:36)fritsch Wrote:
(2018-10-04, 14:02)menno Wrote: I didnt have time to do all of them, bu I can confirm D does not have artifacts for me (asus chromebox 2014)  

I also have the artifacts visible, and can confirm that with overscan correction set back to 0,0 via the GUI,  the artifacts are no longer visible .
 Yes when resetting to 0,0 on the overscan page you cannot see the artifacts anymore. But ofcourse this way the menu's are falling behind the border of the screen..
That is really odd. I don't understand your "of course". You know the calibration is per resolution / refreshrate. Means if you configure it for 60hz it's only done for 60hz. 

Do you says: you configure overscan for 1920x1080 and play movie NOT adjusting refreshrate (it stays on 60 hz) and you still see these artefacts?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
fritsch,

I only test with live tv through TVH. resolution is 1920x1080 - 50Hz. When i reset overscan to 0,0 i don't see artifacts when opening menu and select another channel, but the menu's (like the time in the upper right corner) are displayed behind the borders of the screen. That's why i don't see the artifiacts; we stretch the image so the artifacts are behind the border of the screen. If we again correct this using overscan so the menu fits again, we see the artifacts.

Frans
same here on latest LE and Ubuntu.

Its looks like problem only appear when we play some videos, livetv etc. some part of gui stay behind, or if something going out of area of TV screen like progres bar which slide to bottom
and for sure this is not caused by Calibration, i had everything on 0,0 on main TV, when i connected NUC to other TV i didnt touch calibration and this artefacts was expose becuse video screen was slighty smaller than TV. The Calibration tool after we overscan picture to size of TV i belife only hide this issue not resolve.
For further confusion, perhaps I've had a similiar problem: 

Last week I switched from a braswell motherboard (j3160) to a gemini lake (j4105), OS was a self compiled LibreElec 8.90.005. I've never had any artifacts with the old motherboard, but after switching the motherboard (without updating the OS, I've connected the same old unchanged system SSD to the new motherboard, same case, same cables, only other changed component was the RAM) I got the artifacts. There was not much missing to send back the motherboard, because I thought that was a hardware related problem, but I've found no indications with stress, memtest, ...
I've updated to LibreElec 8.90.006, created a xorg.conf (I've never had one before, so modesetting driver should be used in the past) in storage/.config, forced intel as driver, enabled sna, dri3, TearFree and disabled TripleBuffer (in kodi and xorg) and now I got the artifacts only one time an hour or even more rarely.

I've never calibrated my screen (it's still on 0,0), default resolution is 1920x1080@50 and I never had the artifacts while playing a movie (only in library views, epg, ...) and only on top, not on the bottom of the screen, but they look identical to the youtoube video. I could send a debug log if needed, but it would be really huge, because the problem is nearly gone with these changes and I don't know which change has "solved" my problem, because I changed all this before I've read something about artifacts here
(2018-10-10, 17:13)zehner Wrote: because I changed all this before I've read something about artifacts here

The "artefacts" being discussed recently started with #0814, so test #0813 to see if that is free of any visual issues - if not then you're probably experiencing another/different issue. Maybe try a clean installation with a clean .kodi to eliminate the possibility of any corrupted settings.
Hey all,

Last I heard retroplayer was working but everytime I try to run a game, the emulator (all of them) give me a dependency error with libretro. Anyone else getting this error?
(2018-10-09, 16:07)posixx Wrote:
(2018-10-09, 10:02)wowter Wrote:
(2018-10-07, 22:36)fritsch Wrote: Do you have custom configured OVERSCAN values? E.g. in kodi's gui calibration? Can you reset them please?  

Yes when resetting to 0,0 on the overscan page you cannot see the artifacts anymore. But ofcourse this way the menu's are falling behind the border of the screen..

Sounds like your TV has overscan set. You need to change to have 1:1 scanning in the TV menu. On LG it’s called ‘Just Scan’ on Sony it’s ‘Full Scan’ I think. Overscan enlarges the the screen by about 5% which was a leftover from analogue TV. With DTV and Video over HDMI you don’t want any scaling at all (artefacts and loss of edge video)
(2018-09-27, 16:29)gwilly7 Wrote: I am currently using the new 4.19 rc5 build on my Ryzen 2400G and notice when watching live tv on either HDHomerun or HDHomerun Simple that the video quality is not as crisp as it was previously. (It has been a few months since I tested last, so not sure when this started) Not sure if anyone else has come across this issue. I do not notice it on 17.6 libreelec builds on my other pc or in Windows on the same pc.  I am using the older HDHomerun that uses Mpeg-2.  Would there be any benefit to using the newer version that converts to H.264?
 Hey Guys,

I have now updated to the most recent version 4.19 RC build and even started fresh and am still having the issue of the poor video quality using both the hdhomerun and hdhomerun simple addons.  Again I am running a Ryzen 2400G on an Asus X470-i board.  

Here is a link to my log.   Any help is greatly appreciated.  

http://ix.io/1mwZ
(2018-10-13, 03:07)gwilly7 Wrote:
(2018-09-27, 16:29)gwilly7 Wrote: I am currently using the new 4.19 rc5 build on my Ryzen 2400G and notice when watching live tv on either HDHomerun or HDHomerun Simple that the video quality is not as crisp as it was previously. (It has been a few months since I tested last, so not sure when this started) Not sure if anyone else has come across this issue. I do not notice it on 17.6 libreelec builds on my other pc or in Windows on the same pc.  I am using the older HDHomerun that uses Mpeg-2.  Would there be any benefit to using the newer version that converts to H.264?
 Hey Guys,

I have now updated to the most recent version 4.19 RC build and even started fresh and am still having the issue of the poor video quality using both the hdhomerun and hdhomerun simple addons.  Again I am running a Ryzen 2400G on an Asus X470-i board.  

Here is a link to my log.   Any help is greatly appreciated.  

http://ix.io/1mwZ      
Code:
18:51:09.972 T:140565311543040 DEBUG: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg - Updated codec: ff-mpeg2video-vaapi

HW accelerated MPEG2 video has poor quality on AMD. See my old post.

Disable VAAPI MPEG2 acceleration in video settings.
  • 300(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24