• 72(current)
Deprecated PS Vue
(2018-09-29, 08:00)snoopyjoe Wrote: @clones I don't use sleep mode on my devices. Does Kodi start up normally or does it resume from the last spot? If it resumes from the last spot then it may start the update timer again if the service is running. Check the "running" setting in Kodi Addon Settings. I've heard lots of issues with Kodi sleep functions, so it's quite possible the service stop working after returning from a sleep.
 Thank you @snoopyjoe @eracknaphobia  I have an idea regarding using sleep and wonder if it might work. My thought is to let the computer go to sleep after about 75 minutes, and use the scheduler (windows 10 task scheduler) to wake up the computer a couple times during a day, where it should be awake for 75 minutes.

As I have the ps vue epg to update hourly, do you guy think the ps vue epg would update during this time (thus allowing me to allow the computers to go to sleep but keeping the epg generally up to date).
separate question: as I watch ESPNews, and occasionally ESPNU. I have noted at times when I am starting 'Live TV', on either of these two channels, ps vue will act like it is going to start for about 5 seconds and then stops and does not start live tv. 

I do not seem to have this issue with other channels. (Strange wrinkle seems to be if I start watching live tv on another channel, and then flip to ESPNews/ESPNU then it seems to work, but at times a change to either of those two does crash the live play). If needed, be I can attach a log at a later time. I just wanted to see if this little blip triggers any thoughts.
@clones try enabling the alternate stream setting. I had problems with those same channels.
(2018-10-04, 05:11)snoopyjoe Wrote: @clones try enabling the alternate stream setting. I had problems with those same channels.
Thanks Snoop, appreciate it.
Had a question about an error that I've been getting, was wondering if anyone else gets this error too. 

Every time I try to go into this add-on, I get "error code 1009 This user has attempted to exceed the lifetime device limit per user account" I was wondering if anyone else has gotten this and how they fixed it? I've tried googling this error and I can't seem to find anything about it.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!
Hey Guys

Can anyone tell me how to use the ps vue script, i have it and have pulled the channels from ps vue but im not sure where to put the script so it updates the cookies for me

Thanks
(2018-10-07, 20:44)desertdweller207 Wrote: Had a question about an error that I've been getting, was wondering if anyone else gets this error too. 

Every time I try to go into this add-on, I get "error code 1009 This user has attempted to exceed the lifetime device limit per user account" I was wondering if anyone else has gotten this and how they fixed it? I've tried googling this error and I can't seem to find anything about it.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

First I've heard of this error, how many devices have you tried signing in with?  
(2018-10-09, 20:15)mackintr Wrote: Hey Guys

Can anyone tell me how to use the ps vue script, i have it and have pulled the channels from ps vue but im not sure where to put the script so it updates the cookies for me

Thanks
  What ps vue script specifically are you talking about (link)?
(2018-10-09, 20:27)eracknaphobia Wrote: First I've heard of this error, how many devices have you tried signing in with?  
I've tried it on 3 different devices. I tried it with my raspberry pi, pc, and android phone and they all gave me this error. I got the "check the log for more details" error one time, but all of the other times I've tried I've gotten that same error of having too many devices. None of them were being used at the time either, and it gave me that error as soon as I tried to login.

Thanks!
The script is for pulling cookies for the channels
(2018-10-09, 23:07)mackintr Wrote: The script is for pulling cookies for the channels
I don't think there's a script for get cookies from the channels. What are you specifically trying to do?
Update 2018.10.9 Released
- Reworked badges for show/episode listings (thanks hackthis02)
I appreciate everyone's effort with this plugin/thread, especially @eracknaphobia and @snoopyjoe.  I read through this whole thread (believe it or not) and I have some questions.  I'm trying to get rid of my Directv sub and I want to go with playstation vue.  Since I have (7) Kodi boxes (RPI3 running LE 17.x), this seemed like it would be a good fit:
  • Will I have problems running this on (7) boxes?  I know you can stream on (5) at a time, but was hoping I didn't have to actually log out of the plug in when done.  Just don't want to get into some of these errors I read about and have to contact Sony.
  • It looks like v18 would be the way to go, but I am hesitant to jump to beta (alpha i think in LE's case).  Plus, my biggest concern is I have an Unraid server for storing all my media and use a SQL database to sync all the boxes with media art and statuses, etc.  I'm worried about screwing up my DB with the change to 18.  Any thoughts?
  • What features would I need to be concerned about from a WAF?  Does setting up shows to record through the plugin not work?  Anything else I should be concerned about?
Thanks again,
(2018-10-25, 02:33)icon123 Wrote: I appreciate everyone's effort with this plugin/thread, especially @eracknaphobia and @snoopyjoe.  I read through this whole thread (believe it or not) and I have some questions.  I'm trying to get rid of my Directv sub and I want to go with playstation vue.  Since I have (7) Kodi boxes (RPI3 running LE 17.x), this seemed like it would be a good fit:
  • Will I have problems running this on (7) boxes?  I know you can stream on (5) at a time, but was hoping I didn't have to actually log out of the plug in when done.  Just don't want to get into some of these errors I read about and have to contact Sony.
  • It looks like v18 would be the way to go, but I am hesitant to jump to beta (alpha i think in LE's case).  Plus, my biggest concern is I have an Unraid server for storing all my media and use a SQL database to sync all the boxes with media art and statuses, etc.  I'm worried about screwing up my DB with the change to 18.  Any thoughts?
  • What features would I need to be concerned about from a WAF?  Does setting up shows to record through the plugin not work?  Anything else I should be concerned about?
Thanks again, 
I'm not going to attempt to answer most of that as I have no idea.  I will say, after considering and trying other options, I use Trakt to keep my Kodi PIs in sync as far as watched shows and movies.  It works quite well.
(2018-10-25, 02:33)icon123 Wrote: I appreciate everyone's effort with this plugin/thread, especially @eracknaphobia and @snoopyjoe.  I read through this whole thread (believe it or not) and I have some questions.  I'm trying to get rid of my Directv sub and I want to go with playstation vue.  Since I have (7) Kodi boxes (RPI3 running LE 17.x), this seemed like it would be a good fit:
Thanks again, 
+The 7 boxes may be an issue as it can take up to a couple hours for Sony to log a device off from it's servers. 

+I would definitely look into upgrading to Kodi v18. Beta 4 was just released and it's pretty stable as a daily driver. Kodi v18 final is slated to release later this year. Also the PSVue tv guide will only work on Kodi v18. Just like @michaeljc70 I also use a central network NAS and the Trakt addon to sync libraries across my Kodi boxes. Trakt doesn't sync partial watched very well but watched and unwatched works perfect with scrobbling. This is great as a syndicated show (i.e. The Simpsons) on PSVue can have hundreds of recordings which can come and go weekly. Trakt will keep track of all the episodes whether they're watchable or not from the Kodi library.

+Inside the addon, right clicking a show and selecting "Add to My DVR" will add all available and future recordings to your DVR. The addon functions 99.9% just like the PSVue website.
Thanks for the replies guys.  Couple of follow ups...

1. In regards to the (7) boxes, if I just exit out of the plugin, will that disconnect me from Sony?  If not what will?  The couple of hours would be good enough since we don't just hop around from box to box watching tv, just want a box at each TV depending on where/who wants to watch.
2. That's great about the setting for the DVR, thanks.
3.  Is there an easy way to change the profile?  Even though, I have it set to always ask, when I click on the plugin from the main kodi screen, it doesn't ask.  I have to back out from the main plugin in menu and go back into it that way before it asks for a profile.
4. Thanks for the heads up about Trakt.  I doubt it could replace the sql server setup for the movie DB on the server, but I will look into it for TV shows.
5. I noticed that when I go into "all channels" or "live tv" it takes like 5 sec. before I see anything.  Same when I stop the show and it goes back to the menu I was in.  When I go to the guide it's fast, switching to the channel is fast and stopping and going back to the guide is fast.

That's it for now (I'm sure I will have more).  After I get some of these setup, I'm definitely donating.  BTW, I am running Kodi 18, b4 on my test box, works good.  Thanks again.
  • 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PS Vue6