Menu - Deeper Customisation (Rename, more Shortcuts, SuperFavourites) possible?
Hey there,
i'm new to Quartz, and by now so Happy i found it! (how could i overlook it before?). I was using ReFocus before, as it had a similar Home-Layout - No Scrolling Main-Menu, Plain Submenu. Awesome,I like it as clean as possible. Thumbs up, great Work!

However, im desperatly missing the Possibilty to Customize Home to suit my needings. Am i just (again) overlooking something? And if not, is there a possibilty for some of those requests to come in a next release? I want/need to:
- Rename Submenu-Entries, just like possible for the Main-Menu
- Select other Shortcuts for (Sub)Menu-Entries. It seems it comes only pre-defined for the corresponding Activites (e.g. Movies, Music and so on). Many other Skins allow to highly customize Entries, e.g. assign Kodi-Shortcuts, SuperFavourites (!!), Video-Addons,...
- SuperFavourites Support. Especially i'm missing the Option to assign SuperFavourites to a given Entry. Kodi-Favourites is possible, but thats quite limited. I set up custom Folders, where e.g. all my different News-Video-Addons are merged together. Its a really convenient Way to just select "News" from the Homescreen, and to have all different Shortcuts in one View together.
- When i reached the End of the Sub-Menu, it jumps to Top again. The other Way doesnt work, which would be really useful as well.

Well - it looks like a list of Requests ;-) Of course i do hope i was just blind not finding Solutions for my Needings. If so, any advice would be highly appreciated. If not, it would be even more appreciated, if some of my Needings would find their Ways to a next Release :-)

I am so Happy with that Skin, its just like missing the last 5% to be Perfect!
Thanks and Greetings :-)
(2018-10-26, 11:02)dafunkyfire Wrote: - Rename Submenu-Entries, just like possible for the Main-Menu
It's not possible to rename existing sub-menu entries but you can replace them with your own. For example, to change Movies to Films, edit/add to favourites.xml the following:
PHP Code:
<favourite name="Films">ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles,return)</favourite
Then use the Home menu customizer to disable Movies and add Films as a favourite. Later I will post a comprehensive list of the sub-menu links for reference... been meaning to do that anyway.

(2018-10-26, 11:02)dafunkyfire Wrote: - Select other Shortcuts for (Sub)Menu-Entries. It seems it comes only pre-defined for the corresponding Activites (e.g. Movies, Music and so on).
Anything you can favourite (or manually add to favourites, as in the example above) can be assigned to any available slot in each of the home menu categories, irrespective of the activity. Want a music shortcut under Movies? No problem.

(2018-10-26, 11:02)dafunkyfire Wrote: - SuperFavourites Support. Especially i'm missing the Option to assign SuperFavourites to a given Entry.
There's no direct support for SuperFavourites (is that even a thing?) and I don't see why it would be necessary. You typically organize SuperFavourites items within folders. A SuperFavourites folder can then be added to kodi favourites and thus added to a sub-menu. This post shows an example of what I mean. There's no practical limit to how far you can expand the home menus with this approach and it looks like a built-in.

(2018-10-26, 11:02)dafunkyfire Wrote: - When i reached the End of the Sub-Menu, it jumps to Top again. The other Way doesnt work, which would be really useful as well.
How would you get to the media shelf items if the list wrapped from top to bottom? Wink

I think you'll find the home menu quite flexible once you get the hang of it. In this post, a user re-purposed the Pictures home menu; creating a custom Live TV category before one existed in the skin.

Happy to hear you're enjoying the skin. You weren't missing out before. Quartz had been out of circulation for years. It's back for Leia and here to stay!
Oh wow!
Didnt expect such a quick, great, detailled and yet promising answer! :-) :-)
Thank you so much. I'm really excited to check that out later on!
(2018-10-26, 13:22)nonJon Wrote: How would you get to the media shelf items if the list wrapped from top to bottom? Wink
Hehe - Point for you. As i dont want/use any widgets, it wasnt in my Mind... But yeah, that makes Sense ;-) Unfortunatly for me :-D

Anyway - really really cool, i will try out your hints as soon as possible. Again, Thanking you!!!
As promised... a list of favourites to assist with renaming/relocating existing sub-menu entries:

Movies
PHP Code:
<favourite name="Movies">ActivateWindow(videos,movietitles,return)</favourite>
<
favourite name="Newly Added">ActivateWindow(videos,recentlyaddedmovies,return)</favourite>
<
favourite name="Genres">ActivateWindow(videos,moviegenres,return)</favourite>
<
favourite name="Browse">ActivateWindow(videos,root)</favourite
TV
PHP Code:
<favourite name="Channels">ActivateWindow(tvchannels)</favourite>
<
favourite name="Guide">ActivateWindow(tvguide)</favourite>
<
favourite name="Recordings">ActivateWindow(tvrecordings)</favourite>
<
favourite name="Timers">ActivateWindow(tvtimers)</favourite
TV shows
PHP Code:
<favourite name="TV shows">ActivateWindow(videos,tvshowtitles,return)</favourite>
<
favourite name="Newly Added">ActivateWindow(videos,recentlyaddedepisodes,return)</favourite>
<
favourite name="In progress">ActivateWindow(vidoes,inprogresstvshows,return)</favourite>
<
favourite name="Browse">ActivateWindow(videos,root)</favourite
Music
PHP Code:
<favourite name="Artists">ActivateWindow(music,artists,return)</favourite>
<
favourite name="Library">ActivateWindow(music,root)</favourite>
<
favourite name="Files">ActivateWindow(music,files)</favourite>
<
favourite name="Party mode">PlayerControl(PartyMode(music))</favourite
Pictures
PHP Code:
<favourite name="Pictures">ActivateWindow(pictures)</favourite
Add-ons
PHP Code:
<favourite name="Weather">ActivateWindow(weather)</favourite>
<
favourite name="Games">ActivateWindow(games)</favourite>
<
favourite name="Programs">ActivateWindow(programs,addons,return)</favourite>
<
favourite name="Pictures">ActivateWindow(pictures,addons,return)</favourite>
<
favourite name="Video">ActivateWindow(videos,addons,return)</favourite>
<
favourite name="Music">ActivateWindow(music,addons,return)</favourite>
<
favourite name="Settings">ActivateWindow(addonbrowser,root)</favourite
And for completeness sake, a list of all windows/dialogs that could be opened in this manner.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Menu - Deeper Customisation (Rename, more Shortcuts, SuperFavourites) possible?1