Kodi PVR general issues
(2018-10-28, 16:56)ksooo Wrote: Please activate pvr component logging, otherwise the log does not contain the info I need. 
 Sorry, here it is https://paste.kodi.tv/nazareziro.kodi
I had to reduce the channels on the backend (with ~6000 channels and the logging activated it was choking) and cut some thousands of the relevant messages in the log (otherwise I would exceed pastebin capacity).

I got my build from here: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...p?t=222954
Looking at the log I cannot see any misbehavior.

What makes you say something is wrong after channel switching? Is it EPG data not displayed after clicking select while channel is playing? Have you tried key "i" after key "select"? Are EPG data shown, then?
I'm using my tv remote with cec, it's quite limited in the keys it passes on to the raspberry (i.e, for "back" I have to press the green and the blue button), so it doesn't have an "i" key.
However, when I press the OK/Enter button while viewing a channel, I can select various options from the status line: info (with kodi 17, not 18), channels, guide, teletext, subtitles and settings (this is a screen capture of kodi 17 in my pc, I cannot use the TV now, but apart from the missing i which isn't present in kodi 18 it's the same):

Now, when I switch channels (with up or down), this is what I get (again, without the i), so I cannot switch channels anymore using up/down, I have to stop and go back to the main menu to select another channel. It seems it doesn't realize it's a tv channel and it treats it like a normal video.

Only problem with 18 alpha 4 I have is the pvr is missing (for Xbox one anyway) since the alpha 4 update.  Was working great though.  Once the pvr is added back (hopefully  sometime soon) I would recommend 18 as a daily driver.  Been using it myself daily since alpha 2 and works great.  Thank you to all those involved in creating/maintaining kodi.  Keep up the good work.
(2018-10-28, 23:38)bbcaddict Wrote: I'm using my tv remote with cec, it's quite limited in the keys it passes on to the raspberry (i.e, for "back" I have to press the green and the blue button), so it doesn't have an "i" key.
However, when I press the OK/Enter button while viewing a channel, I can select various options from the status line: info (with kodi 17, not 18), channels, guide, teletext, subtitles and settings (this is a screen capture of kodi 17 in my pc, I cannot use the TV now, but apart from the missing i which isn't present in kodi 18 it's the same):

Now, when I switch channels (with up or down), this is what I get (again, without the i), so I cannot switch channels anymore using up/down, I have to stop and go back to the main menu to select another channel. It seems it doesn't realize it's a tv channel and it treats it like a normal video.

But what are you actually seeing after switching channels? Is it the right channel with just the wrong controls on the OSD?

Something must be very special with your setup. Nobody else ha reported any similar problems.

Do you use a custom keymap?

Is it reproducible with any channels or only with certain combinations?
@FernetMenta can you make something useful out of the log the user posted?
(2018-10-29, 08:14)ksooo Wrote: But what are you actually seeing after switching channels? Is it the right channel with just the wrong controls on the OSD?

Exactly

(2018-10-29, 08:14)ksooo Wrote: Something must be very special with your setup. Nobody else ha reported any similar problems.

It was a clean install of raspbian+kodi 17 from the raspbian repositories (I just enabled http control and the vnsi pvr plugin) then I upgraded to 18 using the repository here: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...p?t=222954
(2018-10-29, 08:14)ksooo Wrote: Do you use a custom keymap?

not that I know of, as I said, it was a clean install of raspbian+kodi (that's why the option to confirm channel switch with ok was set: I changed it previously but then I wiped the sd card and made a clean install).
(2018-10-29, 08:14)ksooo Wrote: Is it reproducible with any channels or only with certain combinations? 

I didn't test with the 6000 channels, Wink but, yes, it happens every time.
I have exact same problem. Kodi 18beta5 libreelec 8.90.007, raspberry pi3, using iptv simple pvr. When i switch to next channel while watching live tv, it changes, but loses epg and all pvr functions so i cant switch to other channel anymore, only once. It also happens when i switch to other channel via osd epg. Then i must stop stream, return to main menu and start pvr addon again.
I think it's just an issue with the raspberry's builds: I'm testing the development version of both libreelec and coreelec on a tv box and there it works as it should.
I will try latest le build but im only using rpi. But its annoying bug anyway... What a shame.
Hello,
I forgot about the raspi 0, now I want to try and use it to connect to an old tv, so I upgraded raspbian to buster and installed the latest kodi from PiPlware and it still has the same issue.
Another issue (though maybe I should post in a different forum) is that kodi works with ntsc composite output but hangs if I set it to pal (which I need since the tv is pal only).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi PVR general issues0