• 2(current)
Vu+ PVR addon is getting updates again
(2018-10-06, 21:43)Raitsa Wrote: Usually the download zip-option in git works as an installable file but not with this one, I cant get that to install in the latest daily Kodi version on two different Nvidia Shields.

Really hoping to get an updated & installable zip file of this one, me and my friends have been using the old version of this addon in multiple boxes (Shields & NUCs) for a few years now i think.

Can you give me an example of one that does work with Download zip? Maybe I can replicate it. It may be that you can’t do this with binary addons. Won’t know till I see an example.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
(2018-10-18, 07:54)phunkyfish Wrote:
(2018-10-06, 21:43)Raitsa Wrote: Usually the download zip-option in git works as an installable file but not with this one, I cant get that to install in the latest daily Kodi version on two different Nvidia Shields.

Really hoping to get an updated & installable zip file of this one, me and my friends have been using the old version of this addon in multiple boxes (Shields & NUCs) for a few years now i think.

Can you give me an example of one that does work with Download zip? Maybe I can replicate it. It may be that you can’t do this with binary addons. Won’t know till I see an example.

Github download zip just packages the files contained in the repo for a given branch/tag - as they are, without further processing.

Won't work for binary add-ons as the add-ons in contrast to for example python add-ons would need to be compiled before zipping which does not happen.
@phunkyfish please refrain from "releasing" any self compiled versions of the add-on. This easily can end up in a maintenance nightmare with conflicting version numbers etc.

Users should just be a bit patient or use official nightly builds.
(2018-10-18, 08:03)ksooo Wrote: @phunkyfish please refrain from "releasing" any self compiled versions of the add-on. This easily can end up in a maintenance nightmare with conflicting version numbers etc.

Users should just be a bit patient or use official nightly builds.

Fine by me.
Okay, so up until yesterday I had no problem previously setting a new timer to record but if try to set something to record now Kodi will immediately crash when using a brand new PC purchased last week. When I restart Kodi, nothing is appearing in the timer section. The only way I seem to be able to set a new timer now is to do it from my actual satellite receiver or from my old PC, then they will show up on my new PC. 

My new hardware is an Intel Mini-Pc, which for reason does not like the 64 bit version of Kodi on the Windows 10 Pro platform. Users cannot access any repositories, including the official Kodi repo. The issue has been widely documented as a problem in the Windows forum section under the title of 'could not connect to repository'. 
As a short-term measure I currently have the 32 bit version installed on my new device which does allows me to install addons from the Kodi repo, but is probably not the best solution.

Also, once I get new timers to appear on my new PC, if I then attempt to manually change the start and finish times to act as padding the timer item is removed completely. The reason I make manual changes is because I've never been able to get the actual padding feature to work in the 5 years I've been using this client with Kodi. But with all the work/changes that have been implemented recently, I did 3 test recordings on my old PC today and set padding for both start and finish times, all with different time limits. Unfortunately, none of them worked with the added padding and all recorded with the scheduled start/finish times. Don't know, maybe it was something I didn't do correctly when adding the timers/padding?

So yeah, it's quite odd behaviour, particularly as the problem only seemed to start yesterday. I know an update was merged a couple of days ago, so could that be causing this behaviour? Or maybe the 32 bit version of Kodi is causing these crashes and timers to disappear if I attempt to edit them in any way.

Grateful for any feedback. If you need a full debug log, let me know.
Thanks
Hey @Dumyat

That does sound like strange behaviour. A full debug log would help. I’m away at the moment but I can dig into this once I’m back. I can’t help with the windows issue but with the timers and padding I can.

If you could create an issue in the github repo that would be great and add your pastebin there.

The last change didn’t include any changes to timers so I’m not sure what the problem is but don’t worry we’ll figure it out.

We’ll also get to the bottom of the padding issue.

If you can include trying to create a timer in the debug log please.

Also include the OpenWebIf version you are using as well as the addon version you have installed. Is it an normal timer or an autotimer you are creating.

All info in the github issue please.
Okay, that's great.
I'll need to open a GitHub account. Once done, I'll post a full debug log.
Cheers
Thanks, it makes it much easier for me rather than trying to find posts in the forums. Plus you get an automatic reply once it makes it into the master branch (I.e. it will imminently be in the next nightly build).
Hey all, the next change coming up will provide a performance boost for EPG load times.

Currently the addon creates a channel for each channel in each group. After the change each channel will be unique. So for users with many groups as well as all channel groups this should speed things up considerably.

If you use the only one group feature you will need to re-enable this after you upgrade.

I’ll let you know when it’s ready so you know I’m advance.
(2018-10-19, 17:02)phunkyfish Wrote: Thanks, it makes it much easier for me rather than trying to find posts in the forums. Plus you get an automatic reply once it makes it into the master branch (I.e. it will imminently be in the next nightly build).
Sorry for the late response. I wanted to hold fire for a few days at least and see if the Windows issue might be resolved to establish if that was the root of the problem.
Just installed a fix for the windows issue and the problems I was experiencing here with setting/editing timers have now gone.  So not an issue anymore. Smile
Haven't tried using the padding feature as yet to see if that will work as well now, but will give it a tester and let you know on the GitHub if it remains an issue at my end.
Cheers

Quick update: Tried recording something with padding applied to start and finish and worked like a charm! If I configured default padding on my actual enigma device for all recordings, do you know if that will get applied automatically when I set a recording in Kodi?
(2018-10-30, 23:18)phunkyfish Wrote: Hey all, the next change coming up will provide a performance boost for EPG load times.

Currently the addon creates a channel for each channel in each group. After the change each channel will be unique. So for users with many groups as well as all channel groups this should speed things up considerably.

If you use the only one group feature you will need to re-enable this after you upgrade.

I’ll let you know when it’s ready so you know I’m advance.
Super stuff.....That sounds great.
My channel switching times have also improved quite significantly in recent weeks.
Many thanks for your efforts.
(2018-10-31, 13:09)Dumyat Wrote: Quick update: Tried recording something with padding applied to start and finish and worked like a charm! If I configured default padding on my actual enigma device for all recordings, do you know if that will get applied automatically when I set a recording in Kodi?

That’s what I use. The Kodi one is applied before sending to STB so can be problematic. Would be better if sent separately but not possible with enigma.

I could add the enigma settings for padding to the addon settings to make it easy to change it globally?

Thoughts, would that be useful?
(2018-11-01, 00:59)phunkyfish Wrote:
(2018-10-31, 13:09)Dumyat Wrote:  
I could add the enigma settings for padding to the addon settings to make it easy to change it globally?    
So basically if a user applied start padding of 5mins and end padding of 45mins in the addon settings, this would be applied to all future recordings? No need to manually edit start and end times anymore, like I do currently? 
If that's correct, then yes, I think it would be a very useful addition. 

I was hoping to add what padding had been applied to the current timer items on my skin mod, but I don't think there is an appropriate info label for that data.
(2018-11-01, 03:42)Dumyat Wrote:
(2018-10-31, 13:09)Dumyat Wrote:  
So basically if a user applied start padding of 5mins and end padding of 45mins in the addon settings, this would be applied to all future recordings? No need to manually edit start and end times anymore, like I do currently? 
If that's correct, then yes, I think it would be a very useful addition. 

I was hoping to add what padding had been applied to the current timer items on my skin mod, but I don't think there is an appropriate info label for that data.

This would simply be a way to modify the global settings on the STB. You wouldn’t be able to change it per timer it would be set once.

Do you know there is also PVR settings in Kodi that has global padding too?
(2018-11-01, 20:22)phunkyfish Wrote:
(2018-11-01, 03:42)Dumyat Wrote:
This would simply be a way to modify the global settings on the STB. You wouldn’t be able to change it per timer it would be set once.

Do you know there is also PVR settings in Kodi that has global padding too?   
No, I didn't know there was a setting in Kodi that has global padding?
So are you proposing to add the same global padding feature to the pvr addon, or leave things as they are now if Kodi already has that feature and it works?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vu+ PVR addon is getting updates again3