• 2(current)
v18 Timeshift and NextPVR on the latest Nightlies
Scratch that! I didn't have timeshift enabled in the add-on. Issue looks to be solved after enabling and restarting
Ok...scratch the last "scratch that!".  I have the timeshift enabled in kodi now and it seems the problem has returned for me too.  Almost as if the resolution is SD or something.  Everything just seems a bit choppy. Voices and mouths are just slightly off.
Does anybody have Kodi 18 working on the NVidia Shield successfully?  Mine just plays for a bit, the frame rate drops and it just hangs.

Running Oreo and the 7.02 Shield Experience.

Debug Log below:
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/WJqp8bjx4V/
FWIW, having recently installed the Kodi 18 beta on our main TV PC, we're seeing the exact same issues (that we didn't have with 17.6).
Problem still exists for me with Kodi beta 3.

Has anyone got to the bottom of this issue yet?
Same problem here on Beta 4
Echoing the same pauses in playback and lock ups in live tv using Beta 4 on Android TV (Shield TV)
Not overly relevant to this thread, but as an FYI for the Kodi Team, I don't have any lockups whatsoever with a TVHeadend backend (Ubuntu 18.04 OS) and Kodi 18/Nvidia Shield front-end.

I had the pauses/freezes with both Mediaportal and NextPVR backends (Windows 10 x64 OS)
Ditto here.  The Oreo update on my Nvidia Shield box broke Kodi timeshifting on NextPVR.  Kodi 17.6 up thru 18 Beta 5, but still no luck.  If i disable timeshifting within NexPvr addon then at least Live TV works.

NextPVR 4.2.2 on Windows 10.
HD HomeRun
Nvidia Shield P2897.  Android 7.1
(2018-11-05, 23:23)becster Wrote: If i disable timeshifting within NexPvr addon then at least Live TV works.
The developer that made changes to the NextPVR addon for Kodi 18 timeshift is going to take a look in the next few days.
(2018-11-05, 23:56)sub3 Wrote:
(2018-11-05, 23:23)becster Wrote: If i disable timeshifting within NexPvr addon then at least Live TV works.
The developer that made changes to the NextPVR addon for Kodi 18 timeshift is going to take a look in the next few days. 
That's great news - I use v17 on my FireStick and know that with v18, picking up the local IP address of works properly, allowing me to stream to it, however without the timeshift function, the missus  gives me too much grief to use v18.

Thanks guys - great product from a new convert from someone who has been using MCE since 2001.

Extenders on eBay if anyone wants them Smile
If anyone is still interested in this thread, I fixed my problem by mapping a drive to the server from the Shield box. Then I changed the timeshift directory in NextPVR to the shared drive instead of the default C:\Users\Public\Videos and everything is smooth as butter.
(2018-12-14, 00:37)bloftin Wrote: If anyone is still interested in this thread, I fixed my problem by mapping a drive to the server from the Shield box. Then I changed the timeshift directory in NextPVR to the shared drive instead of the default C:\Users\Public\Videos and everything is smooth as butter.
 As I posted on the NextPVR forum, this could not explain the problem.

Martin
Timeshift is still a problem on Android with Kodi Leia 18 RC3...it just hungs...
On my Minix X8-H Plus
There was a patch submitted that will likely solve the problem with immediate hangs on live TV with timeshifting enabled.  It fixes other problems with timeshifting but it is not bullet proof.

Martin
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Timeshift and NextPVR on the latest Nightlies0