v17 Scanning library, "Unable to connect to remote server"
Installed Mint 19, and Kodi 17.6.

When I try to scan my movies, I get the message "Unable connect to remote server" for every movie.

If I use Firefox to browse to TMDB, it comes up fine.

When I try to scan TV shows, it cycles through all of the TV Show folders, but doesn't scan anything (and doesn't show any errors).

Music appears to be okay.

I do not have proxy turned on in Kodi, and I have IPv6 disabled in network settings.
Probably gonna need a debug log (wiki) obtained whilst trying to scan your movies/tv shows.  Otherwise, anyone is just guessing what the issue might be.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
I've been doing further googling, and there is apparently some issue with Mint 19 and Kodi.

This worked on Lubuntu/ubuntu/kubuntu 18.04. I figurd I'd try Mint because mint automagically loads the proprietary drivers for my video card.

I guess nothing is ever easy (when it needs to be)...
(2018-11-10, 23:32)jsimmons Wrote: I've been doing further googling, and there is apparently some issue with Mint 19 and Kodi.
Got a link?  Just curious what OS issue causes a glitch with Kodi.
(2018-11-11, 22:12)Preacher Wrote:
(2018-11-10, 23:32)jsimmons Wrote: I've been doing further googling, and there is apparently some issue with Mint 19 and Kodi.
Got a link?  Just curious what OS issue causes a glitch with Kodi. 
 Nah - there were a lot of links returned by google, and tried a number of the fixes mentioned, but none of them worked.

I *suspect* that it's because Kodi 17.n uses Python2, and Mint installs Python3, but I'm fairly new to this whole Python thing and am not entirely sure. The only thing I didn't try was installing Python2. I also had HDMI issues (the motherboard GPU supports 1.4), I added back a GTX1050 video card went ahead and imaged the box with Ubuntu, and the Kodi scanning problem went away.

But I now have another issue now that I haven't tried capturing a log for, and since it has nothing to do with this particular topic, I'll be creating another thread.
(2018-11-13, 17:51)jsimmons Wrote: I *suspect* that it's because Kodi 17.n uses Python2, and Mint installs Python3, but I'm fairly new to this whole Python thing and am not entirely sure. 
That... sounds plausible.  I hadn't thought of that, and actually recall similar issues - not with Kodi - but with something that depended upon a specific python version and an update brought down a newer version... can't quite remember but something daft like both Python2.4 and 2.7 were installed.

The fix (for me) was to manually tweak some of the older apps by editing the #! line to point directly at the older libraries.  I guess this would work for you if you managed to shoehorn the older python in place (and also if that definitely is the issue).

Not sure if that helps, but I'm curious to know what the deeper issue is, and how you get it fixed.  Good luck!
Python2 and python3 can happily co-exist on the same machine. I'd have just installed 2.7.x to see if that fixed it.
Code:
xbmc@Diamond:~$ python
Python 2.7.12 (default, Dec  4 2017, 14:50:18)
[GCC 5.4.0 20160609] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> exit(0)
xbmc@Diamond:~$ python3
Python 3.5.2 (default, Nov 23 2017, 16:37:01)
[GCC 5.4.0 20160609] on linux
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> exit(0)
xbmc@Diamond:~$
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2018-11-18, 14:23)black_eagle Wrote: Python2 and python3 can happily co-exist on the same machine. I'd have just installed 2.7.x to see if that fixed it.
I was unable to connect until i installed "kodi-repository-kodi" Hope that helps

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scanning library, "Unable to connect to remote server"0