v17 Some albums are missing in Kodi
Something tells me that my problem is just one setting. I didn't have this problem with the same set of files before...

The problem: i can't find several albums and songs in my library. Example:

The files

Albums are missing in Kodi:

While my desktop player sees the files correct:

I'm running Kodi 17.6 at Windows. What can be wrong?
My Kodi Box: Windows 10 (1809; 64bits), Intel Core i5 9600K, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro, 16 GB RAM, AMD Radeon RX550, Samsung SSD 970 EVO, Denon AVR x2500H, LG OLED55C7V 55".
The music library does not use filenames to add items to the library. Only tags are read and added the library.

For the songs that are missing, check your music tags and ensure they are correct. Might be worth running them through MusicBrainz Picard.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-11-16, 10:16)Karellen Wrote: The music library does not use filenames to add items to the library. Only tags are read and added the library.

For the songs that are missing, check your music tags and ensure they are correct. Might be worth running them through MusicBrainz Picard.

Thanks for your reply. All files all tagged with MusicBrainz Picard. I posted the screenshot of my desktop player to show that tags are all in place.
My Kodi Box: Windows 10 (1809; 64bits), Intel Core i5 9600K, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro, 16 GB RAM, AMD Radeon RX550, Samsung SSD 970 EVO, Denon AVR x2500H, LG OLED55C7V 55".
Ok.

We need a Debug Log.

1. Enable Debugging mode. Go to Settings>System Settings>Logging and it should be the first option
  2. Restart Kodi
  3. Replicate the problem. See below for what to do.
  4. Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link back here.

To replicate the problem...

1. go to Music>Files
2. Highlight the album August and Everthing After
3. Call up the Context Menu
4. Select Scan item to library

Then submit the log which captures that.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Ok, here's the log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/nobuvelaya.kodi
Will work on the Counting Crows example: you are not seeing "August and Everything After", "Recovering the Satellites" or "Somewhere Under Wonderland" as albums under the artist Counting Crows.

On library update the log shows
Code:
Skipping dir 'Z:\C\Counting Crows\Across a Wire_ Live in New York City\' due to no change
Skipping dir 'Z:\C\Counting Crows\August and Everything After\' due to no change
Skipping dir 'Z:\C\Counting Crows\Films About Ghosts_ The Best of\' due to no change
Skipping dir 'Z:\C\Counting Crows\Films About Ghosts_ The Best of.._\' due to no change
Skipping dir 'Z:\C\Counting Crows\Hard Candy\' due to no change
Skipping dir 'Z:\C\Counting Crows\Recovering the Satellites\' due to no change
Skipping dir 'Z:\C\Counting Crows\Somewhere Under Wonderland\' due to no change
Skipping dir 'Z:\C\Counting Crows\This Desert Life\' due to no change
This imples that all those albums have alreday been sucessfully scanned into the library.  Also the log has enties like
Code:
Caching image 'Z:\C\Counting Crows\August and Everything After\Folder.jpg' to 'd/d7c6314c.jpg'
showing  the cover for those invisible albums is being cached.

My guess would be that they are in the library, but somehow not showing under that Counting Crows entry. You can check that by going to the albums node (showing all albums) and searching for those album titles. It will be down to tagging - even using Picard there can be hic-ups. Also the library is built sequentially adding artists etc. the first time they are found, scanning everything from fresh can result in a different outcome to scanning some one time then adding more music later thus having a different music file as the first time an artist occurs.

If you PM me with a link to your MyMusic60.db file (having put a copy somewhere on the cloud) then I should be able to see more what has happened, and direct you to what can be done to fix.
I've sent you the db through PM.

Based on your post i figured out how to open the db myself. Yeah, Google is my friend lol. Useing SQLite now.

DB only contains 4 entries for artist filter 'count'. No album found on 'august'. That makes me think, crawling the files Kodi marks them as read but doesn't input the songs into the library.

The fact is, i have this for a lot of albums as well as songs (some albums just contains a few songs, while all songs are available).
Sander thanks for the db, something has happened with your tagging..... Have a look at song table with idalbum=20, that is nearly 10k of songs that have been related to one (incorrect) album.

Album 20 is "The Wash" - I think this https://musicbrainz.org/release/16329353...f50c778d6b - and yet the mbid stored is "usicBrainz Album Id", with strType = "usicBrainz".  I would say there is some corrupted tagging in the music files of that album, and it has caused the rest to be mis-interpreted.

You say you used Picard, and I would not expect that kind of issue with that. In fact I haven't seen anything like this before and I would like to know what caused it. Start by looking at the tagging music files for that album and tell me if you can see anything obvious
I think you found it...

track 12: using "" in artist column. Is that causing the trouble?
Maybe, that combined with the fact that it is ID3 v2.3 tagging too. Taglib (the tag reading libray Kodi uses) could be getting upset when reading those tags. Are you using v2.3 for any reason e.g. also play list music on old player that can't handle v2.4? I would like to see what the other tags are - use alt+T in Mp3Tag to show all the tags for an item.

But looking deeper I am wondering when you used Picard to tag these. Do you have ARTISTS (note the s) tags? Several songs have multiple song artists and will have multiple mbids, but I don't see these in the db only one artist per song. That should not cause the problem, v17 should be robust enough to cope, but it is another sign that all is not well.
(2018-11-16, 17:00)DaveBlake Wrote: Maybe, that combined with the fact that it is ID3 v2.3 tagging too. Taglib (the tag reading libray Kodi uses) could be getting upset when reading those tags. Are you using v2.3 for any reason e.g. also play list music on old player that can't handle v2.4? I would like to see what the other tags are - use alt+T in Mp3Tag to show all the tags for an item.

But looking deeper I am wondering when you used Picard to tag these. Do you have ARTISTS (note the s) tags? Several songs have multiple song artists and will have multiple mbids, but I don't see these in the db only one artist per song. That should not cause the problem, v17 should be robust enough to cope, but it is another sign that all is not well.

Allright, well, i removed this particular album. Removed source in Kodi, restart, cleanup library. Added source again. It's crawling now, waiting for the result Smile
 No particular reason for 2.3. Tagging has been done some time ago... i usually use default settings. 

Here's the complete tag... It's looking really weird Smile

That is corrupted for sure. I would retag that album using Picard, change it to use v2.4 format first and to remove tags of other formats - need to get rid of the rubbish and default behaviour will leave it there. ID3 v2.4 support multi-frame tagging and generally better unless you have a reason not to use it.

Interested to know if removing that solves the issue, or if there is another issue too.  BTW you did that, dropping source, clean etc.  just right.

As for "crawling".... are you fetching additional info (for artists and albums) during scanning? Scanning to test we have found the culpret is obviously quicker with this disabled, rather than requesting extra data from remote sites (which is throttled). Not to worry, but if we do need to try again worth considering.
(2018-11-16, 17:46)DaveBlake Wrote: That is corrupted for sure. I would retag that album using Picard, change it to use v2.4 format first and to remove tags of other formats - need to get rid of the rubbish and default behaviour will leave it there. ID3 v2.4 support multi-frame tagging and generally better unless you have a reason not to use it.

Interested to know if removing that solves the issue, or if there is another issue too.  BTW you did that, dropping source, clean etc.  just right.

As for "crawling".... are you fetching additional info (for artists and albums) during scanning? Scanning to test we have found the culpret is obviously quicker with this disabled, rather than requesting extra data from remote sites (which is throttled). Not to worry, but if we do need to try again worth considering.

Thanks for the hints. It looks like there are much more albums with errors. I'm a bit confused about that fact, cause we (my wife and i) took a lot effort in tagging our music. We fixing it and report back after that.
(2018-11-16, 19:36)SanderBroek Wrote: Thanks for the hints. It looks like there are much more albums with errors. I'm a bit confused about that fact, cause we (my wife and i) took a lot effort in tagging our music. We fixing it and report back after that. 
Sorry to hear that, using Picard should generally avoid problems so I am interested in what you think may be the issue. Always wanting to learn so can advise others to avoid pitfalls.

Your compilation albums looked a weaker point (no Musicbrainz IDs), and I can see some other oddities e.g. Sweet Freedom: The Best of Michael McDonald has "LBUM ARTIST//////" as the album artist. Again that looks like corruption.

Good luck.
(2018-11-16, 20:03)DaveBlake Wrote:
(2018-11-16, 19:36)SanderBroek Wrote: Thanks for the hints. It looks like there are much more albums with errors. I'm a bit confused about that fact, cause we (my wife and i) took a lot effort in tagging our music. We fixing it and report back after that. 
Sorry to hear that, using Picard should generally avoid problems so I am interested in what you think may be the issue. Always wanting to learn so can advise others to avoid pitfalls.

Your compilation albums looked a weaker point (no Musicbrainz IDs), and I can see some other oddities e.g. Sweet Freedom: The Best of Michael McDonald has "LBUM ARTIST//////" as the album artist. Again that looks like corruption.

Good luck. 
Album id 20 contains over 500 artists with several albums. I've tried several things to find the bad guy, but i failed :-( 
I decided to go back to tagging my files all over. Adding them piece by piece to Kodi and check what happens.

Something else, I was using an old copy of Picard (1.3.2). That wasn't smart. I changed to the latest and put setting to remove existing tags and use ID3v2 2.4.

Any other suggestions i would keep in mind?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some albums are missing in Kodi1