XBOX Beta 5 last beta?
Just noticed on the info about beta 5 that this was the last beta. That got me worried a bit since it has not been good sine beta 3.
Beta 4 lost text so I did not try more than that. Beta 5 did not get the text back and now it has screen size issues (just see 1.st quarter of the screen)
- so again did not try more.
I know this is the first time on xbox and can just hope for the best - and I hope betas will continue after the others are finalized.
Next we will see Release Candidates.

And i am sorry to say but if all you reported was that ‘it’s not good’ then chances are that whatever is ‘not good’ will not get solved before release.
Even if it goes all the way to a final release, it's not like the Kodi devs can't release a minor bugfix release shortly after. The whole disappearing text thing is annoying, but there's always a small chance the update to enable keyboard and mouse support in some games will also contain a fix for whatever MS broke.
(2018-11-13, 20:35)Atreyu Wrote: Next we will see Release Candidates.

And i am sorry to say but if all you reported was that ‘it’s not good’ then chances are that whatever is ‘not good’ will not get solved before release.
Well I always check to see if other is experiencing the same -  and they were so no need to complain more. If none had I would have raised the flag.
Yes, that works Wink

Come to think of it, i have noticed some non-disturbing issues that i haven’t bothered to investigate yet to report. But yes, luckily Kodi is ever evolving so real issues that come to light usually get solved.
I share the same sentiment.

I have not had a functional Kodi on Xbox One since Beta 2 and I *have* reported with FULL Debug logs on beta 3 and beta 5 and seen zero feedback from devs. Now, I don't *expect* anything, but given the issues that have been reported since beta 3 it is slightly concerning the lack of dev feedback given how far along we are in the betas. Even if it was to acknowledge the issues and say "will be looked at" or "is known to be broken in this version" or whatever.
Kodi 17.6 on multiple Windows 10 x64 machines with shared MySQL 5.6.43 database. Kodi 18 on Xbox One. Content (music, video, photos) stored on Windows Server 2012 R2 file server and accessed by SMB.
(2018-11-17, 03:59)AnthonyB Wrote: I share the same sentiment.

I have not had a functional Kodi on Xbox One since Beta 2 and I *have* reported with FULL Debug logs on beta 3 and beta 5 and seen zero feedback from devs. Now, I don't *expect* anything, but given the issues that have been reported since beta 3 it is slightly concerning the lack of dev feedback given how far along we are in the betas. Even if it was to acknowledge the issues and say "will be looked at" or "is known to be broken in this version" or whatever.
 Some of the other Kodi devs have stated in other threads that the main Xbox dev is currently busy with that pesky thing called real life, so we're stuck waiting for a fix until they have some time to work on it, or Microsoft magically fixes whatever they broke a couple months back that caused this issue in the first place.
(2018-11-17, 21:34)aerogems Wrote:
(2018-11-17, 03:59)AnthonyB Wrote: I share the same sentiment.

Some of the other Kodi devs have stated in other threads that the main Xbox dev is currently busy with that pesky thing called real life, so we're stuck waiting for a fix until they have some time to work on it, or Microsoft magically fixes whatever they broke a couple months back that caused this issue in the first place. 
And that is perfectly fine - xbox is not my main kodi box but would have liked it to be just that.
I just do not see the xbox version being ready for RC any time soon. Also I do have a problem seeing that the update MS did was the one breaking stuff. Since the betas was broken way before and it is not clear which xdk (uwp version of the sdk that it (kodi) is being build with)...and since xbox's mostly are full up to date I would suspect that the latest uwp sdk would be best to use.
(2018-11-18, 14:00)needtotest Wrote: And that is perfectly fine - xbox is not my main kodi box but would have liked it to be just that.
I just do not see the xbox version being ready for RC any time soon. Also I do have a problem seeing that the update MS did was the one breaking stuff. Since the betas was broken way before and it is not clear which xdk (uwp version of the sdk that it (kodi) is being build with)...and since xbox's mostly are full up to date I would suspect that the latest uwp sdk would be best to use. 

Most of us started having issues after the big feature update Microsoft did in October(?). Whatever the reason for the issue, we're stuck waiting for the Kodi Xbox dev to have time to fix it. It'd be great if just linking it against an updated SDK was all it took, but who knows. I will leave that to people far more capable than me in the art of programming.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Beta 5 last beta?0