Can I use Kodi and my Xbox One to stream directly from external hard drives to my TV?
I have a bunch of ISO HD movies, x264, x265 and more on external hard drives.

Looking for an easy way to stream them to my TV using my Xbox one or a Playstation 4
if memory serves if you have usb hdd cases you can plug the drives into the console will detect them and kodi should be able to access the contents,
OK cool. Just want to be sure before I purchase anything.

I read last year I had to use Plex but I am trying to ONLY use external hard drives plugged right into the gaming console

I wonder if Xbox is better than PS4 at this?
I would check to see if your router has a USB port that will allow you to share data over the network.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2018-11-19, 18:24)bry Wrote: I would check to see if your router has a USB port that will allow you to share data over the network.
 No router, I have a WiFi hot spot

Looking to ONLY use USB and hard drive, not network

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I use Kodi and my Xbox One to stream directly from external hard drives to my TV?0