v18 Well done for RC1!
I have just read the news article on RC1, and I know it’s not finished yet, but I would like to say publicly to the team, thank you for making Kodi what it is, and the improvements that you have made in v18.

I’m at present running v18 as a daily driver, with PVR, catch up TV, and using Prime and Netflix. The user experience is as stable as v17, I’m still awaiting for it to fall over so I can send a debug log, which since libreelec has included Kodi in their alpha tests, I’ve never had to send one!

As mentioned previously, I’ve only been back on the HTPC scene for just over a year, it’s amazing to see how far Xbox media player has come.

So thank you to all of the developers that have made this project possible over the years.

So here’s to the next 16 years!
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
I've been a happy camper with Leia for some time, the RC1 and the nightlies are both flawless even with my old hardware! Might be a good time for everyone to start moving over and see if there's bugs to nail before the release.
I also gave RC1 a try. Last time was with Alpha 2. All I can say is that I am very impressed with how it has shaped. Very fast as well, even without python pre-caching.
RC1 working *very* well for me on my older HP 300-XXX series mini-PC's on Windows 10 (1803)! Bravo!  Nod

LibreELEC RC releases (with 4.19 kernel) not so good on the same hardware, some weird Ethernet/PCI bug makes it unusable at the moment. Sad!  No

LibreELEC RC releases on my new NUC8i5BEK working very well. Yay!  Nod

RC1 on the NUC with Windows 10 (1809) kinda buggy with respect to GUI sounds going in and out, but otherwise a good experience.  Huh
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
(2018-11-23, 23:27)whysoserious Wrote: RC1 on the NUC with Windows 10 (1809) kinda buggy with respect to GUI sounds going in and out, but otherwise a good experience.  Huh
 Hello,

you tried https://downloadcenter.intel.com/de/down...duct=80939?

It works without any Problems with my Nucs

Greets Uwe
KODI 20 - AEON MQ8 for NEXUS MOD
5 Clients Win11 Pro - WinServer 2016 Essentials - DVBViewer / MediaServer - 2 x DD Duoflex C2/T2 - Duoflex CI - Deltacam 2.0 Twin - Vodafone HD/Sky
(2018-11-24, 08:53)Holzfred Wrote:
(2018-11-23, 23:27)whysoserious Wrote: RC1 on the NUC with Windows 10 (1809) kinda buggy with respect to GUI sounds going in and out, but otherwise a good experience.  Huh
 Hello,

you tried https://downloadcenter.intel.com/de/down...duct=80939?

It works without any Problems with my Nucs

Greets Uwe  
Thanks for the info, I'll check my graphics driver version immediately!

Edit: The driver you recommended fails to install, either by using the .exe version or the "Have Disk..." method using the ZIP version. I'll check the U.S. Intel website for the driver, and make sure I have the latest BIOS also.
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
(2018-11-23, 08:28)PatK Wrote: I've been a happy camper with Leia for some time, the RC1 and the nightlies are both flawless even with my old hardware! Might be a good time for everyone to start moving over and see if there's bugs to nail before the release.
 This has been my experience too Smile

Had a little niggle with Leia not starting on thee secondary display, but FernetMenta was extremely quick to supply me with a work-around to get it to work and the issue is fixed now in core.  Other than that, it's been extremely stable and is my daily driver on all of my Kodi instances.  So much so that I'm only updating now if there is an added feature or bug-fix that I particularly need/want.  All instances are running 24/7 with no apparent issues so kudos to the team for that.

Oh, I bet I'm running Kodi on older hardware than you @PatK  - circa 2006 !!  Pentium 4 HT 630 (2005) - 1Gb SDRam (yep, it's old !!) - 80Gb IDE HDD -- OS - Ubuntu 16.04 minimal - Kodi 18 Beta 4.  Runs flawlessly 24/7
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2018-11-25, 07:40)black_eagle Wrote: Oh, I bet I'm running Kodi on older hardware than you @PatK  - circa 2006 !!  Pentium 4 HT 630 (2005) - 1Gb SDRam (yep, it's old !!) - 80Gb IDE HDD -- OS - Ubuntu 16.04 minimal - Kodi 18 Beta 4.  Runs flawlessly 24/7
 Thanks for this bit, will encourage others to dust off their closet boxes for something useful, and yes; it's definitely moulder than mine.
Agree with everyone that this release is great but there is one bug on Android TV version. It does not refresh the information on a movie library file if it is updated. I update my movies to higher definition when I can but this version stubbornly refuses to allow me to update the details from SD or earlier data. Older versions of Kodi, SPMC MrMC allow this update to the metadata to happen, once the movie starts to play but not this version of KOdi
Plays the files great and in the higher definition but metadata stays the same.
(2018-11-27, 14:49)lgcardwell Wrote: Agree with everyone that this release is great but there is one bug on Android TV version. It does not refresh the information on a movie library file if it is updated. I update my movies to higher definition when I can but this version stubbornly refuses to allow me to update the details from SD or earlier data. Older versions of Kodi, SPMC MrMC allow this update to the metadata to happen, once the movie starts to play but not this version of KOdi
Plays the files great and in the higher definition but metadata stays the same.

Rather than hijack a thread, why not start a new one, in the Android forum.
My Setup thread |
18 has been great for me.  A few nice subtle improvements to the UI, 64 bit support on Windows helps HEVC SW decode on one of my older devices

Loving the gaming support (although its not really documented well at the moment and took a while to get working), its been great being able to play some old games natively in Kodi

Well done devs!
I have just installed IAGL and OMG!

This is now a complete entertainment hub, local library, with PVR, along side subscription services as well as retro gaming....

This now means I can play C64 games on my projector, 14 year old me thanks you lot! Yay! Big Grin
My Setup thread |

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Well done for RC1!0