• 154(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
Very new to working with skins and editing .xml's. Not new to Kodi, been using if for 4 years now. Thought it was about time to create my own build. Installed Xonfluence for Krypton about two weeks ago and started casually changing things while doing a LOT of reading and watching YouTube videos on this skin. One of the main reasons I chose Xonfluence was that Estuary didn't have the myvideonav.xml file in it. Neither did Confluence. I'm not familiar enough with the scripting to write an xml from scratch either... 

The very first thing I wanted to change was how "My Movies" and "My TV Shows" displayed their respective lists...in list mode. I wanted this done automatically every time I opened it. So with the advice from a Facebook Kodi build page, I changed <defaultcontrol always="true">50</defaultcontrol> to 732. So now I've got both those lists in thumbnail mode that I wanted them to be. I've discovered 2 issues that I would like to correct since making this change. 

No matter what add-on I open when I go to My TV Shows>Collection>Chicago Med (just an example show)>Season 4... As  scroll down each episode in that season I no longer see episode information after making the above change to the defaultcontrol command. I don't wish to change that back, I just need to figure out how to change the setting that would put button "view" at the top of sidebladeleft into media info mode. That button has 6 options avalible. "List", "Big List", "Thumbnail" (NOT the same thumbnail defined in myvideonav.xml!!!!), "Media info" "Media info 2" and "Media info 3".

This is a learning moment for me. I'd like to learn how the sideblade is called for this window. Then how to go to the file that defines the options within this sideblade. In this example, how and where the button titled "View:" is defined.  While I can use a hand figuring this all out, I do want to learn how to modify and script within kodi. Only way I can do that is by learning...hands on. That's how I learned Basic 35+ years ago on a Commie 64 and Bash for Linux 10 years ago. Besides the official Kodi Wiki, what other resources for modding xml's is there?
In the file browser for some addons and other services such as favourites, there is often a directory location labelled 'home folder'.  Currently on my windows machine this is pointing towards the directory 'c:\users\username'.  I would like to change this directory to which 'home folder' points.  Is this 'home folder' skin dependent or is it a standard feature of Kodi?  If it is skin dependent, is there a way of modifying where 'home folder' points?  Running Kodi 18 B5.

Thanks
Is there a way to show movie (or TV Shows) titles with the year released like - Movie Title (2018)
In Kodi 18.0-RC1 and Tvheadend HTSP Client 4.4.2 and Xonfluence skin not work time progress in watched tv show. Time progress pointer constantly show end of the tv show. In Confluence skin time progress pointer show correct end of the tv show.
Please, how to fix it?
(2018-08-18, 16:33)BroDee Wrote: Recently switched to Xonfluence from Confluence to get some customization. I’m having a few bugs and am wondering if they can be fixed.
1. TV Shows main menu forcing Suggested Episodes. I have disabled this under the Skin settings with no change. I was able to remove Recently Added under Movies like I always do, but Suggested Episodes when TV Shows is highlighted on the Main Menu will not go away. I have disabled it and it sticks. Why?

2. -
 Probably you disabled the wrong setting, It works as it should ("Enable suggested movies or TV shows info")

Helly.
(2018-09-22, 21:49)gjwAudio Wrote: A Few Inconsistencies...

Hi Helly
Firstly - THANK YOU for keeping Xonfluence alive and current/compatible with the ongoing development of KODI !

It has been (another) long time since posting in this thread... I just updated my OS to the latest stable LibreELEC (v8.90.005) and Xonfluence (v4.0.2). I'm so happy things still seem to work as expected, with a couple exceptions.
When you have time, could you please look at these two items...

1) Main Page - Long Date Display is Truncated:
Seems like the field length needs another space or two - "Wednesday, September 19, 2018" is being clipped:

2) Video Extras List Not Showing:
When using either the Context Menu item or the "Extras" button in the Movie Info display, the resulting screen comes up empty Sad . For example...
My library entry for 2001: A Space Odyssey indicates Video Extras are available:

From the Info screen, the "Extras" button is pressed...

...and this is the result - and empty frame:

(Side Issue Q: is it possible to have the movie background image display behind the Extras playlist, instead of the default, as seen above ?)

However, when activating the Video Extras addon from Programs folder, I get the following list:

...and the expected items associated with the movie:

Thanks so much Helly, for checking this out.
 It does work from programs folder. The videoextras addon (urepo) is not available anymore. I cannot test.

Helly
(2018-09-30, 13:43)boba23 Wrote: @Helly1206 hey man, loving your skin, great work :-) Could you please look into this issue regarding Leia compatibility:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2778718

as of now locking visualizations didn't work. there has been a fix merged by spiff lately, but I think skins need to make sure that window ID is right, as stated in the thread and post above.

thanks,

boba
 Seemed to be a kodi 'bug', not Xonfluence

Helly
(2018-10-14, 12:45)bigpoppapaul Wrote:
(2018-06-17, 19:05)Shasoosh Wrote: Hey,

How can I hide the OSD after pause & play?

Right now if I'll pause a movie I will see the OSD (Poster and info) and that's fine.
Pressing Play will continue the movie but will require me to also press back on the remote in order to hide the OSD.
Did you ever get an answer to this? I'm curious about the same thing. Been using the skin for years but this is the one thing I've not been able to figure out. 
 This is not true. It is not the OSD that shows up, but video info. It will disappear automatically when pressing play. The OSD is a menu overlayed on the video. It keeps there until back pressed. If you don't like the video info at all, you can switch it off at Skin settings, General, Video OSD settings, Enable video codec info on pause.

Helly.
(2018-10-16, 05:28)jdig4240 Wrote: Helly, so this is the error log for the issue im having with Superfavorites. In this example I just tried adding some sections from Kodi addon Crakle. These are the errors i see in the log. Xonfluence 18. Windows 10 64-bit.
https://textuploader.com/d2dxy
 his is a super favourites thing. I don't set the path in the skin.

Helly.
(2018-10-21, 15:20)steve11 Wrote: Is there a way to change the Recently Added movies display movies that are in progress instead?

Is there any Last Played option with this skin?

Thanks in advance.
 If you want to, you should make a video node for that and add it to the submenu. See https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_nodes for more about video nodes.

Helly
(2018-11-23, 23:42)Hokron Wrote: In Kodi 18.0-RC1 and Tvheadend HTSP Client 4.4.2 and Xonfluence skin not work time progress in watched tv show. Time progress pointer constantly show end of the tv show. In Confluence skin time progress pointer show correct end of the tv show.
Please, how to fix it?
 Implementation is equal to confluence. Cannot test implementation, but can't see why it should behave differently. This is probably not skin related. Which version of the skin do you use?

Helly
Hi all,

I'm glad to present you a new revision of the Xonfluence skin since quite a while, containing a lot of changes. Thank you all for your help and remarks.

Some of your questions/ remarks I didn't implement. I'll explain why below. I hope you understand my considerations for not implementing or answering these questions.
- E.g. post 2289 about the colors of the video list icons. A few months ago I changed the colors after a request that I agreed. Now some others like to have different colors. According to me that's only taste and I do not revert the change because of that.
- Some questions related to interfacing with other addons I do not implement, as it takes a lot of work to keep the skin synchronized with those addons. If it seems to risky for me or I don't see the added value, I don't implement.
- I don't answer coding (xml or whatever) questions. I decided that a while ago. Not that I don't want to help, but I don't know the coding experience of the person who posted the questions. If I start to answer, I get a lot of questions, am asked to review or debug the code and that's really a lot of work. And I need to keep everything separated from the released and working versions of the skin. According to me a lot about skinning can be found online. Of course you should keep asking questions on this forum. Maybe someone else is willing to help.

Changelog Xonfluence 4.0.3:
- Added 8K video flagging icon
- Updated language files synchonized with confluence v4.5.5 and updates xonfluence related codes
- Added Hebrew and Armenian font to roboto fonts (from confluence v4.5.5)
- Synchonized with confluence v4.5.5
  - Update 'News' handling in addon info
  - Fix LiveTV with EPG elapsed time and duration
  - Add 'Play Programme' button to the PVR Info dialog
  - Fix missing cover image when playing from EPG
  - Add Timeshift information label
  - New "Now playing" view aligned to "Media Info"
  - Audio DSP support removed
  - Add setting for profile identification
  - Added mpeg4 flagging
- Added games to homemenu and up to 7 submenus
- Added default games menuitem (like confluence), on empty position, if not already added and gamesgeneral is enabled. Otherwise you have to do it manually.
- Change 'Programs' label in main menu to 'Add-ons'
- Reserved some more space on the date label, so it doesn't clip anymore (#2245)
- Added chaptername to video OSD and pause seekbar (#2246)
- Added option to only display graphics on the popup seekbar to have a minimal seekbar (#2247, not exactly your question, but the easiest fix)
- Added Add special features support (#2267)
- Added script database to the context menu (#2291, #2108, #2110)
- Changed label positions in music visualization
- Removed audio DSP references as it became obsolete 
- Some changes to solve error messages and some warnings in the logfile

Enjoy,
Helly.
(2018-11-24, 14:53)Helly1206 Wrote:  It does work from programs folder. The videoextras addon (urepo) is not available anymore. I cannot test.
That addon is on Kodi's banned add-on list. Provide a clean Kodi setup if you want further support on this forum.
Familiarize yourself with Kodi's forum rules (wiki) that also explain our stance of video piracy.
(2018-11-24, 16:33)Klojum Wrote:
(2018-11-24, 14:53)Helly1206 Wrote:  It does work from programs folder. The videoextras addon (urepo) is not available anymore. I cannot test.
That addon is on Kodi's banned add-on list. Provide a clean Kodi setup if you want further support on this forum.
Familiarize yourself with Kodi's forum rules (wiki) that also explain our stance of video piracy. 
Maybe read it again.  And work out who's asking for support and who's offering (or not in this case).
(2018-11-24, 16:33)Klojum Wrote:
Ok fair enough. I didn't look into the list. I will remove videoextras support in the next update.

Helly.
  • 154(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13