• 449(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
At tab "Formats" all set? Already tried different sources and players like mpc?
i have it now, thx guys.
one of this checked options was the problem.

the crazy thing is, i change nothing and it works the last year or longer like that, so who is changing that? Big Grin
I have a samsung q6f series tv + denon x4300h avr and the htpc nvidia box with 1080 gtx card on hdmi.. i have the hdmi going through the receiver then out to the tv..

I cant get the tv to kick into hdr mode when using kodi/ds player and setting it to passthrough (which has rather crushed blacks when enabled too).. the samsung is a 10bit panel.. but from seeing this thread i guess RGB 8bit and FULL is the normal setting here correct?

Im not sure what i'm missing at this point.. do i need the lav filiters (and copy to the kodi directory somewhere)?  

The control J output shows display NV HDR 8bit RGB full.. 

The tv info doesnt say hdr and if i drill into the hdr gamma its still on 1886 not st.2084 like i think it should.. any ideas what i'm missing?
(2018-11-22, 21:49)markm75 Wrote: I have a samsung q6f series tv + denon x4300h avr and the htpc nvidia box with 1080 gtx card on hdmi.. i have the hdmi going through the receiver then out to the tv..

I cant get the tv to kick into hdr mode when using kodi/ds player and setting it to passthrough (which has rather crushed blacks when enabled too).. the samsung is a 10bit panel.. but from seeing this thread i guess RGB 8bit and FULL is the normal setting here correct?

Doing a quick google search resulted in this webpage for your AVR.   https://denon-uk.custhelp.com/app/answer...ot-working   check if following those steps enables it.  (plus a quick test, bypassing that AVR and see if it kicks your tv into hdr mode.
Besides that, rolling back to an older Nvidia driver might work. I would also rule out the AVR.
(2018-11-22, 23:29)spencerjford Wrote:
(2018-11-22, 21:49)markm75 Wrote: I have a samsung q6f series tv + denon x4300h avr and the htpc nvidia box with 1080 gtx card on hdmi.. i have the hdmi going through the receiver then out to the tv..

Doing a quick google search resulted in this webpage for your AVR.   https://denon-uk.custhelp.com/app/answer...ot-working   check if following those steps enables it.  (plus a quick test, bypassing that AVR and see if it kicks your tv into hdr mode.   
I got it working by setting kodi.. player.. dsplayer.. video decoder.. D3D11 Automatic (Native) hardware decoding.. once i did this its golden.. although the menu in pause, the colors are super saturated, orange lettering instead of yellow, probably expected.

The other issue.. despite telling dsplayer to not decode regular hd titles.. seems its taking over for normal movies not just uhd, the issue is that the lav audio decoder for dts-hd is not working.. my receiver flashes dts-hd and no sound is heard.. i've tried everything to get around this.. if i turn off dts-hd in the audio decoder section of dsplayer, i get stereo, this is how i isolated it to there at least. 

If i do the right click on a title and do play using.. video player.. all works.

It sounds like i need to configure video player merits for dsplayer to only play uhd titles somehow
Were you using software decoding previously? This may have somehow caused an issue, but it shouldn't prevent HDR passthrough.

You will get a better picture by allowing DSPlayer to play 1080p files compared to VideoPlayer, so might as well use it, too, for these files.

It shouldn't be hard to get DTS-HD audio.

In DSPlayer: Set the audio renderer to Sanear, set the device to System Default, check Exclusive mode and Allow bitstreaming.

In LAV Audio: Check DTS-HD and be sure NOT TO CHECK Use DTS-HD framing for all DTS types.
Slightly off- topic, but..
Okay so.. Nvidia RTX 2080.. Very high NGU scaling across the board .. And Black Friday got me a QLED 6 82" television. Dude.. I'm beefing up my Kodi setup real hard atm. I can't wait to see the result DSplayer and MadVR provides on such a big screen, OH MY GOD!
Oh, and happy Thanksgiving to the ones who celebrate that. Wink
What's the x64 version like, does anyone use it day-to-day? I have been using the x86 version but I need to reinstall windows so was thinking of switching. Also, when updating the LAV Filters, I assume I need the filters that correspond to the version (x86/x64) of Kodi DSPlayer that I'm using?
(2018-11-24, 16:24)Warner306 Wrote: Were you using software decoding previously? This may have somehow caused an issue, but it shouldn't prevent HDR passthrough.

You will get a better picture by allowing DSPlayer to play 1080p files compared to VideoPlayer, so might as well use it, too, for these files.

It shouldn't be hard to get DTS-HD audio.

In DSPlayer: Set the audio renderer to Sanear, set the device to System Default, check Exclusive mode and Allow bitstreaming.

In LAV Audio: Check DTS-HD and be sure NOT TO CHECK Use DTS-HD framing for all DTS types.
 This worked like a treat.. only thing i'm still stuck on is that Dsplayer no longer seems to be the default player.. i've checked off the box in settings but it doesnt seem to take effect.. i always have to do a play with option to select it.. any thoughts?  EDIT:  i guess i messed with video player merits.. removed that and it now works.. golden..

One other question/confirmation.. I should only be seeing RGB 8bit FULL in nvidia settings with the samsung q6f series TV (10bit) correct?  Should i have madvr settings at 10bit or auto.. i think 10bit?
RGB 8bit is the only RGB setting nvidia supports, so yes. No matter how many bits your panel is, you will only get RGB 8bit from your card. Same with 4:4:4.

4:2:0 and 4:2:2 will give you 10bit. Smile
(2018-11-24, 23:35)curael Wrote: Slightly off- topic, but..
Okay so.. Nvidia RTX 2080.. Very high NGU scaling across the board .. And Black Friday got me a QLED 6 82" television. Dude.. I'm beefing up my Kodi setup real hard atm. I can't wait to see the result DSplayer and MadVR provides on such a big screen, OH MY GOD!
Oh, and happy Thanksgiving to the ones who celebrate that. Wink
 I hope the RTX 2080 works with madVR without issue. I know of two accounts where it was working fine and two accounts where it wasn't. Not many out there in the wild are testing this.

The 82" screen should be nice. That is basically a projector screen, to me. Battlefield V with an RTX 2080 + Samsung QLED would also work very well together.
(2018-11-25, 03:02)markm75 Wrote:
(2018-11-24, 16:24)Warner306 Wrote:  
 This worked like a treat.. only thing i'm still stuck on is that Dsplayer no longer seems to be the default player.. i've checked off the box in settings but it doesnt seem to take effect.. i always have to do a play with option to select it.. any thoughts?  EDIT:  i guess i messed with video player merits.. removed that and it now works.. golden..

One other question/confirmation.. I should only be seeing RGB 8bit FULL in nvidia settings with the samsung q6f series TV (10bit) correct?  Should i have madvr settings at 10bit or auto.. i think 10bit?  
I would configure things using these rules: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2739438

The only issue is that current Nvidia drivers won't switch correctly from 8-bit RGB at 60 Hz to 12-bit RGB at 24 Hz after a reboot. You might have to set everything to 8-bit. madVR rounds everything with dithering at output, so you aren't likely to notice the difference with your eyes. 10-bits at the display isn't necessary and won't involve any loss in image quality. When it comes to the display, the issue of 10-bit color is misunderstood. 

If you are going to stick with DSPlayer, you might as well make a couple of profiles in madVR that will work with your display and graphics card.

Under scaling algorithms, select create profile group.

Check all items and name the new profile group Scaling.

Use add profile to create two profiles: 1080p and 4K UHD.

Copy and paste the code below into Scaling:

if (srcWidth > 1920) "4K UHD"
else if (srcWidth <= 1920) and (srcHeight > 1080) "4K UHD"

else if (srcWidth > 1280) and (srcWidth <= 1920) "1080p"
else if (srcWidth <= 1280) and ((srcHeight > 720) and (srcHeight <= 1080)) "1080p"

You should get a green check mark if your profiles are named correctly.

4K UHD:
  • Chroma: NGU Anti-Alias (high)
  • Downscaling: SSIM 1D 100% + LL + AR
  • Image upscaling: Jinc + AR
  • Image doubling: Off
  • Upscaling refinement: Off
  • Artifact removal - Debanding: Off
  • Artifact removal - Deringing: Off
  • Artifact removal - Deblocking: Off
  • Artifact removal - Denoising: Off
  • Image enhancements: Off
  • Dithering: Error Diffusion 2

1080p:
  • Chroma: NGU Anti-Alias (low)
  • Downscaling: SSIM 1D 100% + LL + AR
  • Image upscaling: Off
  • Image doubling: NGU Sharp
  • <-- Luma doubling: very high
  • <-- Luma quadrupling: let madVR decide (direct quadruple - NGU Sharp (very high))
  • <-- Chroma: let madVR decide (NGU medium)
  • <-- Doubling: let madVR decide (scaling factor 1.2x (or bigger))
  • <-- Quadrupling: let madVR decide (scaling factor 2.4x (or bigger))
  • <-- Upscaling algo: let madVR decide (Jinc + AR)
  • <-- Downscaling algo: let madVR decide (SSIM 1D 100% + LL + AR)
  • Upscaling refinement: Off
  • Artifact removal - Debanding: medium/medium
  • Artifact removal - Deringing: Off
  • Artifact removal - Deblocking: Off
  • Artifact removal - Denoising: Off
  • Image enhancements: Off
  • Dithering: Error Diffusion 2

If you want the image to be sharper, try checking sharpen edges or any of the other combination of shaders under image enhancements for the 4K UHD profile (requires another profile group) or anything under upscaling refinement for the 1080p profile.
(2018-11-25, 13:09)curael Wrote: RGB 8bit is the only RGB setting nvidia supports, so yes. No matter how many bits your panel is, you will only get RGB 8bit from your card. Same with 4:4:4.

4:2:0 and 4:2:2 will give you 10bit. Smile
 No, not true.  I'm running 4:4:4 and 10 bits (as long as it's not 60 hertz, 23/24/25/29/30 all work at 10 (or rather 12, but whatever) it shows you get MORE than just 8bit from an nVidia card.
just for clarity, this is a HDMI 2.0x restriction, its nothing to do with NVIDIA as such, no HDMI 2.0x equipment at all can do 10 bit 4:4:4 FULL RGB at 60hz.

This should be part of the HDMI 2.1 spec.
  • 449(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47