XBox One S - Windows SMB - Not connecting to network - Help
I have tried searching through all the feeds and I have not been able to find a solution to my problem. I have 3 devices that I use Kodi on and 2 of them work flawlessly. I am have it installed on my Windows 10 computer, Nvidia Shield and XBox One S. The only one that does not work is the XBox. They are all connecting to the same network and server. When I try to connect on the XBox it says that it can't find the network.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thank you in advance...
It would be helpful, given you have gone through all the feeds and not found a solution, if you listed what you have tried.

off the top of my head (and all of which are discussed at length in these forums):
1. SMB v1
2. Guest connections vs user/password when connecting to Windows machines.
3. Name resolution issues (use IP addresses).

..and lastly, provide a debug log Smile
Kodi 17.6 on multiple Windows 10 x64 machines with shared MySQL 5.6.43 database. Kodi 18 on Xbox One. Content (music, video, photos) stored on Windows Server 2012 R2 file server and accessed by SMB.
(2018-11-28, 11:39)AnthonyB Wrote: It would be helpful, given you have gone through all the feeds and not found a solution, if you listed what you have tried.

off the top of my head (and all of which are discussed at length in these forums):
1. SMB v1
2. Guest connections vs user/password when connecting to Windows machines.
3. Name resolution issues (use IP addresses).

..and lastly, provide a debug log Smile
Thank you for your response... I am a rookie when it comes to debug logs... I found where the event logs is through settings and I have turned the logs on. I then went through the process of adding the server so I can provided a debug log. However, it does not provide a log. How do I get a debug log.

1. I have enabled SMB support(libsmb2) - afedchin - 1.0.0 through Add-ons.
2. My server is called HPSERVER and the folder is Videos. There is not a username/password.

Once again any help would be appreciated...
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thank you for your response and your help. I followed the instructions that you gave me.

Here is the link for the debug log - https://paste.kodi.tv/ewujasekah

The problem I am having is when trying to add a location where my movies are it says "The connection to the network location couldn't be established. This could be due to the network not being connected. Would you like to add it anyway?"

The network is connected because my computer and my Nvidia Shield is connected to the same network and it works with both.

Thank you again for your help...
Quote:AddOnLog: SMB support (libsmb2): SMB2: connect to share 'Videos' at server 'HPSERVER' failed. smb2_service failed with : smb2_service: POLLERR, Unknown socket error.
try to use IP address of the server
(2018-12-21, 11:32)afedchin Wrote:
Quote:AddOnLog: SMB support (libsmb2): SMB2: connect to share 'Videos' at server 'HPSERVER' failed. smb2_service failed with : smb2_service: POLLERR, Unknown socket error.
try to use IP address of the server 
Thank you for your response... does the same thing...
(2018-12-24, 03:26)dgatlin Wrote: Thank you for your response... does the same thing...

check firewall rules on the server and make sure that the server supports SMB2/3
(2018-12-24, 10:53)afedchin Wrote:
(2018-12-24, 03:26)dgatlin Wrote: Thank you for your response... does the same thing...

check firewall rules on the server and make sure that the server supports SMB2/3
Everything is good on the server. Currently working on my Windows 10 computer and nVidia Shield.

Thank you again for your help!
Same issue for me, smb1 disabled on servers, used IP address, no firewall in place, cannot find the network.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBox One S - Windows SMB - Not connecting to network - Help0