• 25(current)
Release TIDAL music (former WiMP)
Here it's gotten better the last few days, so maybe just server problems in the end?
Manjaro Linux @ minisforum UM690S / KODI 'Nexus'
I have found out that problem related to my another add-on. Thanks anyway.
Hello, lately i'm having problems with tidal2 plugin, always worked perfectly till few months ago, changed Kodi version and Tidal2 releases, still same problem, nothing can be played and i get an error. Looking a the logs, i found out was a DNS problem fixed with manual entries in the host file.

Here the first log dump
http://ix.io/1ecD
Fixed the resolving error here's the dump of working config.
http://ix.io/1ed6

Just to let the community know Smile
Thanks!
(2018-06-21, 15:47)pb81 Wrote: Hello, lately i'm having problems with tidal2 plugin, always worked perfectly till few months ago, changed Kodi version and Tidal2 releases, still same problem, nothing can be played and i get an error. Looking a the logs, i found out was a DNS problem fixed with manual entries in the host file.

Here the first log dump
http://ix.io/1ecD
Fixed the resolving error here's the dump of working config.
http://ix.io/1ed6

Just to let the community know Smile
Thanks!
 Hi Pb81

Just to let you know that I run the TIDAL2 app on many instances of Kodi across different OS platforms and use TIDAL for several hours every day. I have had no issues at all.

Sometime I find that a particular DNS lookup can get corrupted on any broadband router (regardless of the quality) or even Windows server DNS. There is also a windows local cache, which is reset upon a windows restart or a command line. This corrupted record can then be held in the offending cache until its TTL (Time-To-Live expiry).

I stopped using outers For DNS relay a long time ago as it causes additional latency for responses as well as the issue described above. I now use Google Public DNS on all windows machines to go directly out to get resolution bypassing my local router.

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

You would always confirm if this was the issue by removing your host file entries, reconfiguring your network adapter to Google public DNS and then restart your machine. If Tidal then works then it would appear to be a correct DNS record held in one of the caches.

Hope this helps.

Steve
Of course, this is the test i was planning to do, my provider is well known for using crappy dns, i usually use OpenDns ones. I'll let you know how it ends up.

Bye
(2018-04-20, 10:25)arneson Wrote:
(2018-04-19, 20:39)IndieRockSteve Wrote: Hi arneson,

I've recently started playing MQA streams with the plugin through my Linux box. One thing I've noticed is that, because of the file size, it takes some time to begin playback. I was wondering if there were any tweaks I can make so it will begin playback more quickly? This occurs between tracks as well, where I would have assumed it would begin to cache or download the next track before the current track is playing. 

I was wondering if there were any tweaks I could make to minimize the time gap between tracks?

thanks!

Hi Steve,

full MQA quality is only possible with a hardware decoder like the Meridian Explorer 2, which I own.

If you play MQA without a hardware decoder, yo will get a "normal" lossless stream with 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz sample rate,
but the stream has a resolution of 24 Bits instead of 16 Bits of normal FLAC streams.
 arneson 
So is KODI converting the MQA stream to PCM at the sample rate and bitrate of the MQA stream, or just playing the non-MQA stream? I have an Anthem MRX-510 so just looking to eek out every last bit(byte?) of quality in the digital stream that I can.

thanks!
Kodi v17.6 on Asustor NAS
Kodi v17.6 on Fire Stick v2
I will start off by saying I've ignorant to Kodi.
I installed it on my Xbox One X (18.0 Beta)
I added tidal and (I think) dependencies via KODI GUI
I logged in to my Tidal Premium account
I can see my playlist.
When I try to play a song the circles come and spin and then disappear and nothing happens
2nd time I click the circles come up, don't spin and then dump me to my Xbox dashboard

Anyone have any advice, I would love to get this working.
Hello Arneson

Long time reader but subbed as would appreciate your input or help with tidal MQA.
I'm running Kodi Leia on a shield bit for life of me cannot get my DACbon my Oppo 205 to recognise the MQA stream. It works fine from tidal desktop app on my laptop but looking for solution from my Shield.

I'm fully paid up with Tidal Hifi
It works ton the point that, I get offered the MQA streamsv and they play (I originally got the no Flac Stream error until I deleted account and started again). But they don't trigger the MQA support in the amp.
I've ticked all the boxes suggested in this thread and in the other thread you posted more detailed instructions on. The Kodi general settings are set to pass through , fixed volume, etc. The only thing I couldn't pick is that driver you mentioned in the other thread. But no dice
Is there a log that will help you help me, or is it known that shield doesn't work on passthrough? (which wouldn't suprise me).

Cheers
Chris
(2018-12-06, 10:38)crypticc Wrote: Hello Arneson

Long time reader but subbed as would appreciate your input or help with tidal MQA.
I'm running Kodi Leia on a shield bit for life of me cannot get my DACbon my Oppo 205 to recognise the MQA stream. It works fine from tidal desktop app on my laptop but looking for solution from my Shield.

It works ton the point that, I get offered the MQA streamsv and they play (I originally got the no Flac Stream error until I deleted account and started again). But they don't trigger the MQA support in the amp.
I've ticked all the boxes suggested in this thread and in the other thread you posted more detailed instructions on. The Kodi general settings are set to pass through , fixed volume, etc. The only thing I couldn't pick is that driver you mentioned in the other thread. But no dice
Is there a log that will help you help me, or is it known that shield doesn't work on passthrough? (which wouldn't suprise me).

Cheers
Chris
The 205 only supports MQA via a direct Media file, ie on CD or USB, the 205 doesn't have the hardware to support it from other sources apparently. 

google it, you'll find lots of conversation about this.
(2018-12-06, 15:11)IndieRockSteve Wrote:

Cheers
Chris
The 205 only supports MQA via a direct Media file, ie on CD or USB, the 205 doesn't have the hardware to support it from other sources apparently. 

Hi
Thanks for taking the time to reply but the 205 definitely does have MQA capable DAC since USB update 0118. The laptop recognises it and the oppo reports that it's unfolding the MQA wrapper. Only from the Shield it doesn't. I have a qnap Nas drive and tempted to install onto the but the number of logins I need to do to get Kodi running as a qpkg is a pain in the arse and not even sure usb passthrough is supported there either.

Thank you
(2018-12-07, 00:25)crypticc Wrote:
(2018-12-06, 15:11)IndieRockSteve Wrote:

Cheers
Chris

Hi
Thanks for taking the time to reply but the 205 definitely does have MQA capable DAC since USB update 0118. The laptop recognises it and the oppo reports that it's unfolding the MQA wrapper. Only from the Shield it doesn't. I have a qnap Nas drive and tempted to install onto the but the number of logins I need to do to get Kodi running as a qpkg is a pain in the arse and not even sure usb passthrough is supported there either.

Thank you 
What connection are you using between the Shield and the Oppo? The Oppo can't decode MQA through all inputs. If you are using a connection between the Shield and the Oppo that it doesn't support it won't work regardless of what Kodi or this app are doing.
Hi Arneson,
since I'm on Leia it's not possible anymore to open for example an album directly via a widget. This happens in mimic skin as also in the default skin, seems to be some kind of an shortcut error.
Opening the parent levels seem to work but opening the media files directly fails. Can you help with this?

Best regards
Manjaro Linux @ minisforum UM690S / KODI 'Nexus'
Hi

I have Shield connected via USB to the USB input into the DAC portion of the Oppo  (so same as when using Windows laptop)
I don't see the "limit to 192KHz" option in Kodi mentioned by arneson in the other site.  only resample low (fast), medium and high.   I did enable expert settings.

I also tried this morning SPMC as that has some additional audio output options in the settings, IEC passthrough and RAW passthrough.  Neither results in passthrough of the MQA stream however.  It seems Kodi is upsampling.

Now reverting to Kodi Krypton (was previously on Kodi RC for Leia).  After that will abandon Shield and try Qnap.

Wish me luck
(2018-12-07, 15:11)crypticc Wrote: Hi

I have Shield connected via USB to the USB input into the DAC portion of the Oppo  (so same as when using Windows laptop)
I don't see the "limit to 192KHz" option in Kodi mentioned by arneson in the other site.  only resample low (fast), medium and high.   I did enable expert settings.

I also tried this morning SPMC as that has some additional audio output options in the settings, IEC passthrough and RAW passthrough.  Neither results in passthrough of the MQA stream however.  It seems Kodi is upsampling.

Now reverting to Kodi Krypton (was previously on Kodi RC for Leia).  After that will abandon Shield and try Qnap.

Wish me luck
you need to make sure you disable any upsampling/etc. that will all mess with the MQA stream. Also, you need to verify that the Oppo will do the first unfold, Kodi will not perform the first unfold and if the Oppo will only do a second, third, fourth, etc. if it receives the stream post-first unfold, then no Kodi installation will provide that for you.

Sadly the TIDAL Android app doesn't even support MQA yet (I love the stream quality of TIDAL, but god does their service and support suck), so your only option might be to go with a different device that can perform the first unfold.
Here's some logs playing T1 from Eagles.  Sanitised as I noted URL had some private key info.
Hoping someone can make head or tail of this.

I was able to confirm the stream itself was definitely MQA (!)    I also downloaded some test MQA files from website, they also would play direct as file, from PC, but not from Shield.

ADB Logcat initialising device
https://paste.kodi.tv/kovamocero.kodi

Kodi Log while playing
ttps://paste.kodi.tv/momiyixade.kodi

ADB logcat while playing
https://paste.kodi.tv/ipayizuxod.kodi
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TIDAL music (former WiMP)8