Kodi is crashing and screen flickering in full screen
I'm using kodi on windows. as soon as I start kodi the screen starts flickering and almost like snow from no channel on a tv, also the time will flash at the bottom right when it does it. When ever I try and play a video kodi crashes. I've tried a few things I found searching online. Turn off acceleration, Reinstall kodi, and update video driver. I've found that when I change to window mode it stops doing it. I'm trying to run it at the default setting and resolution which is 1080p on my laptop. Its a 2018 laptop with gtx 1070. Anyways I'm completely lost Never seen this before. Kodi as always worked good on anything I've put it on except this new laptop.
strike that, it does it in window mode as well now
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
...  Well this is embarrassing and I have to be the dumbest person ever. So I just bought this laptop, came in the mail today. Its the asus Zephyrus's M. I totally pulled it out of the box put kodi on it and was having these issues. I started messing around with the ROG settings and realize the PC was set on Intel intergraded graphics. There is a setting to switch between Intergraded and GPU for Battery saving. Funny thing is I didn't realize how good the intergraded graphics are these days. I fired up one AAA 2017 title and was still getting like 90 fps from it. I just assumed the damn laptop came out of the box with GPU on. 
 Still kinda weird though that kodi would work on the intergraded graphics. If anyone is interested I can still post the debug log.
(2018-12-08, 07:59)k131n Wrote: If anyone is interested I can still post the debug log.
Since we still don't have a crystal ball in our midst, I'd say yes.
Enable debugging, RESTART Kodi, reproduce the error(s), stop Kodi, and provide the debug log (wiki).
I'm having the same problem. I don't know how I would get the debug log, since I can never get into Kodi at all. At first it ran, but it couldn't find my custom background jpg. I couldn't navigate to the Mac desktop where I had put it. It worked a few days ago when I set it up. The main problem I was having then was that when Kodi started up I couldn't move my cursor past a point on the screen. I read to reset the display to a lower resolution and I'd get control of my cursor back. I did, but it goes back every time I start anew. I was running in full screen display, then changed to windowed. When I restarted I got the crazy flickering and can't get out of it. The only thing I could do was a command q on the Mac. I'm stuck.
(2022-01-02, 00:26)silvanet Wrote: I don't know how I would get the debug log

Have you read post #3 of this thread? There is also a Kodi Log Uploader add-on.
Yeah, well, how do I enable logging or do anything when my Kodi is flickering like crazy and I can't stop it?
Debug Log - Use the Advanced method
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi is crashing and screen flickering in full screen0