• 6(current)
Vu+ PVR addon is getting updates again
(2018-11-29, 15:43)vplehto Wrote:
(2018-11-28, 00:29)phunkyfish Wrote: A question for anyone running LibreElec on Leia. Using version 3.15.1 if you go to the Guide do you see just an all channels group or do you see multiple groups?

I'm only seeing this behavior on libreelec on intel just wondering if anyone else has come across it.
Not sure if you meant this but like:
tv - guide - at top, only All channells

also

while playing, enter, channels - there is only <All channels>

this is on libreelec 9.0 odroid c2 3.15.1.2

edit: add more info

I think this is libreelec problem. Same with odroid c2 8.2.5 and 2.1x plugin only all channells

instead of android 17.6 with 2.1x it has possibility to go through you favorites, everything tested with same vuplus solo2 just moments ago. 
 There was a new option added at some point to PVR settings "Synchronise channel groups with backend(s)". This is enabled by default in stock kodi but not in libreelec.

Simply enabling this restores the functionality for all channel groups.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
Have not tried that yet but surely will fix it will check today.

But another issue, there has been a lot of discussion on this on semi closed finnish huoltovalikko forum.

There is a bug that shows lenght of recordings wrongly. I do not have much of an clue as I rarely use it like that but they said that the key to fix it is here:

https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts/pull/347

The discussions in huoltovalikko are in finnish so I rather not translate them blindly but can do some work on it if needed.

I instead rather blindly posted that above link here. Could you look is it clear something easily doable or something else needed.
(2018-12-17, 10:27)vplehto Wrote: Have not tried that yet but surely will fix it will check today.

But another issue, there has been a lot of discussion on this on semi closed finnish huoltovalikko forum.

There is a bug that shows lenght of recordings wrongly. I do not have much of an clue as I rarely use it like that but they said that the key to fix it is here:

https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts/pull/347

The discussions in huoltovalikko are in finnish so I rather not translate them blindly but can do some work on it if needed.

I instead rather blindly posted that above link here. Could you look is it clear something easily doable or something else needed.

The same API is implemented already in the addon (GetStreamTimes).

If you can detail specifically exactly what the error is I can take a look at it.
(2018-12-19, 01:55)phunkyfish Wrote: The same API is implemented already in the addon (GetStreamTimes).

If you can detail specifically exactly what the error is I can take a look at it.

Hi phunkyfish!

And thank you about your effort to this great addon.

What vplehto means, is that some Enigma-recordings have problems in Kodi. They play without any issues in STB, but sometimes length of the recording was displayed wrong in Kodi's video player OSD. On PVR recordings (list-view) length is correct. For example one episode of tv-serie length is normally one hour, but now OSD shows something weird between 4 hours or 20 hours. Offen, but not always this same recording doesn't allow any skip forward. If you try this, player stops immediatelly.

Similar issue here: 322000 (thread) ("VU+ devices" also mentioned)
@garret this make sense now. Right now GetStreamTimes assumes it’s live TV and doesn’t know about recordings.

Let me dig into this and I’ll post back here.
What should be the expected behaviour if a channel only broadcasts at certain times? As an example in the UK, BBC4 does not start broadcasting until 7pm.
When channel surfing during the day I quite often end up on this channel by mistake which causes the channel to stall and do nothing. When I try to select the next channel, nothing happens either and I end up having to force a re-start of Kodi. I also have maybe 2/3 channels where the I know the frequencies have changed and need to sort them out, but in the meantime the same thing happens if I end up on those channels.

Is this what should happen, if the PVR addon can't tune into the said channel? Or should it attempt to try the next available channel in the list if it can't tune into a particularly channel?
(2018-12-20, 11:27)Dumyat Wrote: What should be the expected behaviour if a channel only broadcasts at certain times? As an example in the UK, BBC4 does not start broadcasting until 7pm.
When channel surfing during the day I quite often end up on this channel by mistake which causes the channel to stall and do nothing. When I try to select the next channel, nothing happens either and I end up having to force a re-start of Kodi. I also have maybe 2/3 channels where the I know the frequencies have changed and need to sort them out, but in the meantime the same thing happens if I end up on those channels.

Is this what should happen, if the PVR addon can't tune into the said channel? Or should it attempt to try the next available channel in the list if it can't tune into a particularly channel?

I don’t have that behaviour. I just hit stop and pick another channel.
(2018-12-20, 19:02)phunkyfish Wrote:
(2018-12-20, 11:27)Dumyat Wrote:  
I don’t have that behaviour. I just hit stop and pick another channel.     
Ok. Maybe my hardware is the problem then, because when I press stop and try to play another channel nothing happens and end up having to restart Kodi.
What version of kodi/addon do you have? Image, and hardware too.
Using Kodi 18 RC2. Client is version 3.15.1. STB hardware Zgemma H7S loaded with Open ATV 6.1.
(2018-12-20, 21:09)Dumyat Wrote: Using Kodi 18 RC2. Client is version 3.15.1. STB hardware Zgemma H7S loaded with Open ATV 6.1.

I’m pretty much the same but the latest VU+ and OpenVix image.

On mine I can stop on any channel that currently has no feed. Even if I use the up and down buttons I can select a different channel.
(2018-12-21, 00:08)phunkyfish Wrote:
(2018-12-20, 21:09)Dumyat Wrote: Using Kodi 18 RC2. Client is version 3.15.1. STB hardware Zgemma H7S loaded with Open ATV 6.1.

On mine I can stop on any channel that currently has no feed. Even if I use the up and down buttons I can select a different channel.   
Alrighty, No worries. Zgemma is Ok, but Vix is not supported so still thinking to change to a VU+
Saw a Solo 4K advertised a couple of days ago at a bargain price, so might be tempted.....  Smile

Will try doing the same on my old PC and see if the same thing happens.
(2018-12-21, 00:22)Dumyat Wrote:
(2018-12-21, 00:08)phunkyfish Wrote:

Alrighty, No worries. Zgemma is Ok, but Vix is not supported so still thinking to change to a VU+
Saw a Solo 4K advertised a couple of days ago at a bargain price, so might be tempted.....  Smile

Will try doing the same on my old PC and see if the same thing happens.  
 It would be great if I could somehow test what the difference is so you'd know for sure before making a purchase, is it Vix, Hardware or both Wink
Latest PR approved:

v3.15.2
- Fixed: Only load Season info extractor and genre mappers config when enabled, fixes #136
- Fixed: 3.15.1 dont load/work on old DM800se, fixes #139
- Fixed: Missing default value from timeshift buffer path, fixes #140
- Fixed: Channel Group Member Order not preserved, fixes #141
Okay, might have jumped the gun a bit with my original statement. Have now tried on both of my PC's and seems pressing stop does actually work, but is taking about 15-20 seconds for it to happen before I can then select a new channel. The fact it's taking that length of time on both PC's makes me think the STB most be very slow in sending the stop command back to Kodi.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vu+ PVR addon is getting updates again3