• 158(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
(2018-12-19, 11:08)Helly1206 Wrote: Hi gjwAudio,
...I reversed engineered some of the addon code and found a parameter that is set (Window(home).Property(SpecialFeatures.Visible)) if a listitem contains SF. This I can use in the skin (it is also used in the video info dialog). So consider it fixed in the next release.
Helly. 

Excellent !! Just the sort of approach I thought you might use. Thank you for persevering.

Regarding SF behaviour using Confluence skin: I just checked the same movie entry (2001: A Space Odyssey) - NO SF button appears on the Info display, no flag/icon appears in Media Info 3 list view.

However, Context menu shows SF item, and the function launches successfully from there.

I hope this is somehow useful in troubleshooting Xonfluence & Special Features playing nicely together.

Thanks Helly Blush
::  LibreELEC 9.2.6 RELEASE - Generic x86_64  ::  Intel 847 NUC  ::  KVR1333D3S9/4G  ::  Kingston SMS200S3/30G mSATA  ::  MS 1044 MCE keyboard  ::  GP-IR02BK remote  ::  Xonfluence  ::  10.9TiB on FreeNAS v11.3-U5 (RAID-Z2)  ::
Smile 
(2018-12-21, 20:15)Helly1206 Wrote:
(2018-12-21, 17:45)Trillian_M1 Wrote: Hey there, great skin and its great to see that you have been keepin up the good work for quite some time now.
I was just wondering: Are there any plans to redesign/update the skin to match a more modern flat appearance?
I just love how the skin works in terms of navigation and item presentation. However i also find the new look of the default kodi skin quite appealing and by look i mean the graphical elements them self and the flat feel to it.
I also think a pure redesign in terms of graphics is all it really needs. I already love the functions and layouts in xonfluence just the way they are, just a graphic update would be awesome. So any plans so far?

Trill
 Hi Trill,

I also thought that the skin needs to be modernized, so I already did some work on it for the Leia version of the skin. I don't have plans to roll it back to Krypton or older, as it was quite a lot of work.

However I made it customizable, as other users may prefer to use the 'oldfashioned' xonfluence style. If you go to settings -> skinsettings -> Global skin options and scroll all the way down (I know there are issues with the scrollbar, but they are solved in the next release), you will find some options:
  • Dialog look and feel (already available on krypton, but updated and made a lot better for leia). You can select classic (default confluence look and feel) or modern (estuary alike look and feel).
  • OSD look and feel. You can select classic (default confluence osd buttons), modern (modern round osd buttons) or max (modern square osd buttons).
  • Button look and feel (how all selected and unselected buttons look). You can select classic (default confluence button look and feel), modern (modern look and feel with more contrast on buttons) or max (maximum contrast, estuary alike look and feel).
  • Button layout look and feel (how button graphics look, e.g. radiobuttons). You can select classic (default confluence look and feel, e.g. radiobuttons look like LEDs) or modern (modern look and feel, e.g. radiobuttons look like a switch).
  • Menu look and feel (how the main menu looks, already available on krypton). You can select classic (default confluence look and feel), graphics (only graphical menu buttons), graphics & focused text (graphical menu buttons, but text added to the menu button that is currently focused) or graphics & text (graphical and text for all menu buttons).
So you can customize the look and feel as you like. For some of the changes you have to hit the back button before they have any effect (I can't help it, it is how the screen is rendered). Hope this helps.

Helly. 

Hi Helly,

I saw your options to further change the look of the skin and I think they are great. I also agree with you that compatibility with Krypton is no must-have feature. I also love the idea of choices, so the user can choose which "theme" (old or new / 1 or 2) to use.

What I was thinking about is to take this one step further:
Wouldn't it be great if we had two sets of texture.xbt and the user could choose whether to use the "old-fashioned" or the "other" set of textures. I am not sure if this is actually possible as I am not familiar with the inner workings of kodi in detail. However, as we can choose between gray.xbt, krypton.xbt and ZiX.xbt, shouldn't it be easy to incorporate another xbt file? In this file the graphic elements could be changed to reassemble an alternative look. In terms of looks I am thinking along the line of "A Confluence ZEITGEIST". This could be a great model and starting point. Am I thinking any sense at all? If not, I'm sorry...
Sadly my python-skills are somewhat limited but I think this is more the case of adding and additional xbt-file than actually programming new functions. And I think I can help build that new set of graphic elements.

Trill.
(2018-12-22, 12:23)Trillian_M1 Wrote: Hi Helly,

I saw your options to further change the look of the skin and I think they are great. I also agree with you that compatibility with Krypton is no must-have feature. I also love the idea of choices, so the user can choose which "theme" (old or new / 1 or 2) to use.

Wouldn't it be great if we had two sets of texture.xbt and the user could choose whether to use the "old-fashioned" or the "other" set of textures. I am not sure if this is actually possible as I am not familiar with the inner workings of kodi in detail. However, as we can choose between gray.xbt, krypton.xbt and ZiX.xbt, shouldn't it be easy to incorporate another xbt file? In this file the graphic elements could be changed to reassemble an alternative look. In terms of looks I am thinking along the line of "A Confluence ZEITGEIST". This could be a great model and starting point. Am I thinking any sense at all? If not, I'm sorry...
Sadly my python-skills are somewhat limited but I think this is more the case of adding and additional xbt-file than actually programming new functions. And I think I can help build that new set of graphic elements.

Trill. 
 Hi Trill,

I also thought of adding an xbt-file it when starting to implement it, but according to me it has some drawbacks. The new xbt file cannot be used with grey, kryptonite etc. or you need to make a lot of new xbt files for that. There are also some things I needed to do in the skin to select the correct look and feel (e.g. button and dialog sizes etc.) and you cannot do that from an xbt-file only. Therefore I decided to do it this way at the time and as it takes a lot of time to change the implementation, I don't have plans to do so.

You don't need python skills to program a skin, that is for programming addons. But nevertheless if you like to make the graphics even better, I am willing to implement it in xonfluence.

Cheers,
Helly.
Hi all,

Just a xmas present. Xonfluence v4.0.6 for Leia with lots of updates.

- Fixed Special Features flagging (#2333)
- Fixed OSD alignment issues at specific settings (#2334)
- Fixed skinsettings submenu list position
- Fixed visualisation old names
- Fixed scrollbars on skinsettings as Leia seems to handle it differently
- Fixed extrafanart on music and added option to switch it on or off (in supported addons and scripts)
- Fixed not showing fanart on music fullscreen and code cleanup
- Fixed opacity issue with music fanart (#2351)
- Fixed double overlayed video info when pressing info button
- Code cleanup and change settings names for video OSD settings (You may enter some OSD settings again)
- Removed seekbar lagging (display after seek) after pause in video full screen on minimum seekbar
- Changed OSD mouse close button behavior (back to video full screen, not home screen)
- Changed minimum popup seekbar position, seektext and seekbar appearance
- Fixed appearance of lower diffuse bar on OSD
- Fixed location of mute bug in fullscreen and OSD
- Fixed Settingscategory label not showing
- Reduced OSD button size slightly to be able to keep seekbar at the same position in case of OSD
- Moved busy dialog position in case of minimum seekbar
- Synchronized with confluence 4.5.6 and 4.5.7 (textures and language)

Enjoy and have a merry Xmas ....

Helly.
Thank you for all your work Helly, Merry Christmas to you too!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Hey there, Kodi is telling me "Installation failed" on each startup (Xonfluence update).
When I then go to the Addons part and check it manually it LOOKS like I am already at v4.0.6 but for some reasons kodi is still trying to (re)install that version.

Any clue whats wrong here? Smile

Using Kodi 18-RC3.
Thumbs Up 
(2018-12-23, 21:12)Helly1206 Wrote: 4.0.6
- Fixed opacity issue with music fanart (#2351)
 Big thx! (#2115 ff 2189, 2292, 2315 ;-)
(2018-12-25, 18:22)Ulathar Wrote: Any clue whats wrong here? Smile
 No, but what usually helped me with the update issue (on Windows only?) is: switch to standard skin, restart Kodi, (update xonfluence skin and/or repository) and switch back to updated version.
odoll, you are a gem mate!  Managed to update Xonfluence to the latest following your tip.  Mine wouldn't update on the laptop either, but your tip got it updated! Thanks mate.
(2018-12-27, 00:57)Thomfam Wrote: odoll, you are a gem mate!  Managed to update Xonfluence to the latest following your tip.  Mine wouldn't update on the laptop either, but your tip got it updated! Thanks mate.
I think it is a Windows kind of issue and probably has to do with permissions. I don't test on Windows so I don't have this issue. However this may be a good workaround as long as the issue is not solved.

Helly.
(2018-12-22, 16:43)Helly1206 Wrote:
(2018-12-22, 12:23)Trillian_M1 Wrote: Hi Helly,

Trill. 
 Hi Trill,

I also thought of adding an xbt-file it when starting to implement it, but according to me it has some drawbacks. The new xbt file cannot be used with grey, kryptonite etc. or you need to make a lot of new xbt files for that. There are also some things I needed to do in the skin to select the correct look and feel (e.g. button and dialog sizes etc.) and you cannot do that from an xbt-file only. Therefore I decided to do it this way at the time and as it takes a lot of time to change the implementation, I don't have plans to do so.

You don't need python skills to program a skin, that is for programming addons. But nevertheless if you like to make the graphics even better, I am willing to implement it in xonfluence.

Cheers,
Helly. 
Hey Helly,

i have been doing some tweaking to the gfx in the skin files. If you let me know where or how, i can upload the xbt and you can have a look. Let me know what you think of the changes. They are very subtle. The idea is to give it a fresher look, non complete redesign.

Cheers, Trill
(2018-12-11, 23:48)gjwAudio Wrote: Image

Quick question how did you get the artwork instead of the Film names in the left plain, I am thoroughly stumped as how to do it.  It has been years since I played with my layout.
(2018-12-28, 04:30)Njals Wrote: Quick question how did you get the artwork instead of the Film names in the left plain, I am thoroughly stumped as how to do it.  It has been years since I played with my layout. 

Hi Njals
When gathering artwork for your movies, be sure to include (or create...) a BANNER.

Here are the settings I use in the sideblade:

I don't recall anything else being required in the Xonfkluence skin settings dialog to be enabled (though it's been years for me too, since getting this view working).

Hope this helps.
::  LibreELEC 9.2.6 RELEASE - Generic x86_64  ::  Intel 847 NUC  ::  KVR1333D3S9/4G  ::  Kingston SMS200S3/30G mSATA  ::  MS 1044 MCE keyboard  ::  GP-IR02BK remote  ::  Xonfluence  ::  10.9TiB on FreeNAS v11.3-U5 (RAID-Z2)  ::
(2018-12-27, 10:21)Helly1206 Wrote:
(2018-12-27, 00:57)Thomfam Wrote: odoll, you are a gem mate!  Managed to update Xonfluence to the latest following your tip.  Mine wouldn't update on the laptop either, but your tip got it updated! Thanks mate.
I think it is a Windows kind of issue and probably has to do with permissions. I don't test on Windows so I don't have this issue. However this may be a good workaround as long as the issue is not solved.

Helly.   
Hi there, back from the hollidays, will give that workaround a try tomorrow and report back, thanks a lot!
And yes i am running on Windows Hosts (and Server) Smile.

€dit:
Yes, that did the trick! Interesting.... Just double checked alls file permissins and ownerships in my Roaming dir (Kodi user dir) as well as the kodi installation dir. Can't see a reason why i would have insufficient priviliges for that update. I guess it has to do with one or more skin files beeing already opened by Kodi during that update process which results in a file access problem on windows hosts.
It is even more interesting because all those previous updates worked just fine.
But in the end it doesnt really matter now that i know that workaround Wink.

Thx guys and girls!
After upgrading from nighly 20181231 to latest 20190102 on both Android tablet and AFTV stick addon-migration ran and disabled Xonfluence as not to be compliant.
  • 158(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13