• 44(current)
Mod Titan M O D ( last Updated 19-12-2019)
I've had to return to v18.1.8 after I installed 18.1.9 alpha. The main reason is because of the changes to viewtype 525 and its effect on the youtube plugin. What I really liked about that view when viewing youtube videos in kodi is the ability to have the currently playing video in the window/spotlight area while scrolling through other youtube videos in my subscriptions and adding them to the playlist queue. It's very convenient. The now playing video in the background also used to be available in "landscape single row" view, but that has also been removed a couple versions ago in favor of an upper left corner small view. However, my preference would be to use viewtype 525. In 18.1.9 alpha, once a video is highlighted/selected(not played) the background video stops. I assume this was done on purpose or per request? Is there a chance you could bring back the 525 behavior of 18.1.8 or at least an option for it to behave that way? Also, while watching a video fullscreen, clicking the tab key to get back to the subscription list instead shows the background image and color diffuse. That part is a bug.

Thank you for working on this skin. It takes Kodi's UI to a different level.
(2018-12-25, 04:14)jsnj Wrote: I've had to return to v18.1.8 after I installed 18.1.9 alpha. The main reason is because of the changes to viewtype 525 and its effect on the youtube plugin. What I really liked about that view when viewing youtube videos in kodi is the ability to have the currently playing video in the window/spotlight area while scrolling through other youtube videos in my subscriptions and adding them to the playlist queue. It's very convenient. The now playing video in the background also used to be available in "landscape single row" view, but that has also been removed a couple versions ago in favor of an upper left corner small view. However, my preference would be to use viewtype 525. In 18.1.9 alpha, once a video is highlighted/selected(not played) the background video stops. I assume this was done on purpose or per request? Is there a chance you could bring back the 525 behavior of 18.1.8 or at least an option for it to behave that way? Also, while watching a video fullscreen, clicking the tab key to get back to the subscription list instead shows the background image and color diffuse. That part is a bug.

Thank you for working on this skin. It takes Kodi's UI to a different level.

I need to take a look.

a) The spotlight area window, should always used if a video is playing.

b) 525 (and others) shouldnt have an currently playing video window in upper left, beside that it should just show up if a video has an database entry)

c) The last mentioned bug is actualy fixed and ready for next release.

"once a video is highlighted/selected(not played) the background video stops" - 525 is the only wich didnt stop, but i will change the stop behaviour, to "stop just if autoplay traiier or trailer playback is active" for all views

Im a bit confused by the "single row" issue, need to take a look.

:-)
Skins |  Titan M O D   •   S W A N (WIP)
pushed Update

# ~ **.1.9.~beta - 25.12.2018

OSD :    
            - slightly smaller buttons
            - fixed some visibility conditions (if settings visible)
            - adjusted layout if info "off" (default osd)
            - adjustment for "clear art" in netflix views (still unhappy with pos , but leave it atm)

VIEW 507 :
            - adjust slide animation (wider video visability )on trailer playback (bello layout setting)
            - fixed "non-focusable" alphabet nav bar

VIEW 52 :
            - fixed nav slider bar (position, and vis condition )
            - little cleanup code
            - fixed visab. preview window

VIEWS (ALL) :
            - fixed/deleted unwanted "stop playback" commands
            - library content "studios" - will shown as thumb/landscape image based on choosen resource addon
            - fixed currently playing video bg overlay bug (caused by needed changes for currently playing bar in  1.9~alpha)

VIEW 523/525 :
            - available view type for all content now, (except 523: intentionally not for episodes)

Skinsettings :
            - Media Library Settings ~ assorted Settings with new Headlines for better radability (Media Library Settings)
                                     ~ add option for "dont use Skinhelper for studio Logos" (faster logo show up, some will be missing maybe)

Footer :
            - removed text value label (right beside stars rating)

Quote:@"jsnj" , can you report back if your prev posted issues still occur?
I noticed the "dont use Skinhelper for studio Logos" but didn't think anything of it. Then I noticed that my main menu was reset and I thought why is that? 
Then I thought there must be an update, but it's Christmas Day!!!!

I don't do Christmas LoL but this is still a very nice Christmas present Smile

The "dont use Skinhelper for studio Logos" works very well by the way. I don't know if it is a coincidence but else seems to have been fixed in that one file that wouldn't get overwritten when exporting my library now get overwritten. So it looks like the export library function (overwrite old files) is much more deliberate and so takes a bit longer than before. Maybe something has been reset so it is overwriting everything now?

Thank you @mardukL
(2018-12-25, 18:16)E net Wrote: I noticed the "dont use Skinhelper for studio Logos" but didn't think anything of it. Then I noticed that my main menu was reset and I thought why is that? 

The "dont use Skinhelper for studio Logos" works very well by the way. I don't know if it is a coincidence but else seems to have been fixed in that one file that wouldn't get overwritten when exporting my library now get overwritten. So it looks like the export library function (overwrite old files) is much more deliberate and so takes a bit longer than before. Maybe something has been reset so it is overwriting everything now?

Thank you @mardukL
 ;-) i would recommend disable auto update but let be notify when updates avail.

For some users who did update the actual used skin on leia had some some issues.So switchin over to estuary and restart kodiis the best way to update the skin.

So, the smart shortcuts (your main/sub menu and widgets) are upposed to refreshing each time the skin gets an update or if you switch over to/back from another skin.
But it'll not reorder nor reset your menu unless you do it manually.

And thanks, studio logos works fine without, even if skinhelper has some more lookups (by handling some naming conventions and such more), but hey optional ;-)

I cannot say anything to library export function because it isnt skin related. But to be honest i didnt get your issue there, if there is one :-)

maybe the wiki helps you more
(2018-12-25, 19:46)mardukL Wrote:
(2018-12-25, 18:16)E net Wrote: I noticed the "dont use Skinhelper for studio Logos" but didn't think anything of it. Then I noticed that my main menu was reset and I thought why is that? 

Thank you @mardukL

For some users who did update the actual used skin on leia had some some issues.So switchin over to estuary and restart kodiis the best way to update the skin.

So, the smart shortcuts (your main/sub menu and widgets) are upposed to refreshing each time the skin gets an update or if you switch over to/back from another skin.

And thanks, studio logos works fine without, even if skinhelper has some more lookups (by handling some naming conventions and such more), but hey optional ;-)

I cannot say anything to library export function because it isnt skin related. But to be honest i didnt get your issue there, if there is one :-)

No issue Smile But the Kodi fanart did go wrong after the update so next time I will turn off auto update Wink For now I just have to wipe Kodi, re-add sources and rescan directories. Since the fanart is mostly downloaded into the directories then this isn't a very major issue and I have done it enough times LoL.

Anyway thanks again. Enjoy the holidays!
(2018-12-25, 20:52)E net Wrote:
(2018-12-25, 19:46)mardukL Wrote:

Thank you @mardukL

No issue Smile But the Kodi fanart did go wrong after the update so next time I will turn off auto update Wink For now I just have to wipe Kodi, re-add sources and rescan directories. Since the fanart is mostly downloaded into the directories then this isn't a very major issue and I have done it enough times LoL.

ok.you can use artwork beef to store the artwork locally.
If some image didnt fit your tast you can manage the artwork within the context menu.

Click Manage than choose artwork.

thanks, sadly no holiday.nighshift over christmas days.

The 525 issue persists unfortunately. I`ve attached a photo showing a youtube video playing in the background while another video in the list is selected. This is no longer possible in 18.1.9 alpha & beta. The background video stops when another in the list is selected.Image
(2018-12-25, 22:23)mardukL Wrote:
(2018-12-25, 20:52)E net Wrote:
(2018-12-25, 19:46)mardukL Wrote:  ;-) i would recommend disable auto update but let be notify when updates avail.

If some image didnt fit your tast you can manage the artwork within the context menu.

Thanks I have already been using Artwork Beef to store files locally but it didn't make any difference before. It is better now. But....it is now a little too sensitive. I have found that fanart files from neighbouring movies are now appearing. For example I found fan art from Mission impossible in the Matrix Reloaded and Vice Versa.  When I check the local files they are fine. I also had a massive issue with the Avengers fan art appearing in neighbour files as well so I had to wipe and start again (again). It's mostly OK now except for me having to use Artwork Beef to manually remove the wrong fanart inside the system.
Shocked 
(2018-12-26, 00:48)jsnj Wrote:

The 525 issue persists unfortunately. I`ve attached a photo showing a youtube video playing in the background while another video in the list is selected. This is no longer possible in 18.1.9 alpha & beta. The background video stops when another in the list is selected.Image

Ah, ok.
I not sure how familiar you are with editing xml

But temporaly you should be fine with delete thevwhile line

<onunfocus condition="Player.HasVideo + ![VideoPlayer.Content(movies) | VideoPlayer.Content(episodes) | VideoPlayer.Content(musicvideos) | VideoPlayer.Content(livetv)]">PlayerControl(Stop)</onunfocus>

addons/skin.titan.krypton.mod/1080i/includesanimations.xml

This will never "auto stop" any video, by browsing.
(2018-12-26, 01:44)E net Wrote:
(2018-12-25, 22:23)mardukL Wrote:
(2018-12-25, 20:52)E net Wrote: No issue Smile But the Kodi fanart did go wrong after the update so next time I will turn off auto update Wink For now I just have to wipe Kodi, re-add sources and rescan directories. Since the fanart is mostly downloaded into the directories then this isn't a very major issue and I have done it enough times LoL.

Thanks I have already been using Artwork Beef to store files locally but it didn't make any difference before. It is better now. But....it is now a little too sensitive. I have found that fanart files from neighbouring movies are now appearing. For example I found fan art from Mission impossible in the Matrix Reloaded and Vice Versa.  When I check the local files they are fine. I also had a massive issue with the Avengers fan art appearing in neighbour files as well so I had to wipe and start again (again). It's mostly OK now except for me having to use Artwork Beef to manually remove the wrong fanart inside the system. 
Sounds you put everything at 1 folder or something is wrong in your scrapper settings.

1st i highly recommend that method for saving files
Movie folder / filenaming

2nd
make your settings in your scrapper before scrape them

3nd 
scrapping options
eneble "movies are in seperate folders"
eneble "recursive scanning"

than you should be fine

if everything is like you wanted
(infos,fanart etc)
export your library
(there i recommend "seperate file export for nfo" )

im sure there is an more deeper looking tutorial relating to "best practice for scraping and file saving" here in the forum
(2018-12-26, 04:22)mardukL Wrote:
(2018-12-25, 22:23)mardukL Wrote: ok.you can use artwork beef to store the artwork locally.

Sounds you put everything at 1 folder or something is wrong in your scrapper settings.

2nd

3nd 
scrapping options

than you should be fine

(infos,fanart etc)
export your library

im sure there is an more deeper looking tutorial relating to "best practice for scraping and file saving" here in the forum 
Thanks. I already set up scraper settings before hand and and I use separate folders for movies with extra art and it still happens, even with those in separate folders. When I exported my library I found that Infinity War had been exported as extra fan art for almost every film. I'm guessing that when it took a long time to export my fan art, it was actually copying Infinity War to almost every folder. I know Export Library is not a skin function but this never happened before the update.
 It might even be something to do with Artwork Beef I'm not sure so I need to do more investigations.
(2018-12-25, 22:23)mardukL Wrote: ok.you can use artwork beef to store the artwork locally.

2nd

3nd 
scrapping options

than you should be fine

(infos,fanart etc)
export your library

OK one problem that is happening is that Artwork Beef is creating an extrafanart folder at the top level and I think I know why so I will fix that then see what happens Smile It looks like I'm still learning about how to use Artwork Beef but I think I have worked out what is happening now. It was probably a combination of Artwork Beef doing what I told it to do a little too well and then exporting that result.
(2018-12-26, 09:45)E net Wrote:
(2018-12-26, 01:44)E net Wrote: Thanks I have already been using Artwork Beef to store files locally but it didn't make any difference before. It is better now. But....it is now a little too sensitive. I have found that fanart files from neighbouring movies are now appearing. For example I found fan art from Mission impossible in the Matrix Reloaded and Vice Versa.  When I check the local files they are fine. I also had a massive issue with the Avengers fan art appearing in neighbour files as well so I had to wipe and start again (again). It's mostly OK now except for me having to use Artwork Beef to manually remove the wrong fanart inside the system.  

2nd

3nd 
scrapping options

than you should be fine

(infos,fanart etc)
export your library

Thanks. I already set up scraper settings before hand and and I use separate folders for movies with extra art and it still happens, even with those in separate folders. When I exported my library I found that Infinity War had been exported as extra fan art for almost every film. I'm guessing that when it took a long time to export my fan art, it was actually copying Infinity War to almost every folder. I know Export Library is not a skin function but this never happened before the update.
 It might even be something to do with Artwork Beef I'm not sure so I need to do more investigations. 
 Than it looks like you scraped at a false level.

e.g. i sorted movies locally by genre folder

Movies/action/movie (year)/movie(year).fileext
Movies/biography/movie (year)/movie (year).fileext

than scraped each genre folder seperatly.
​​​​​​​dont scrape the "Movies" folder
(2018-12-26, 03:14)mardukL Wrote:
(2018-12-26, 00:48)jsnj Wrote:

Ah, ok.
I not sure how familiar you are with editing xml

But temporaly you should be fine with delete thevwhile line

<onunfocus condition="Player.HasVideo + ![VideoPlayer.Content(movies) | VideoPlayer.Content(episodes) | VideoPlayer.Content(musicvideos) | VideoPlayer.Content(livetv)]">PlayerControl(Stop)</onunfocus>

addons/skin.titan.krypton.mod/1080i/includesanimations.xml

This will never "auto stop" any video, by browsing.

Thanks. Little tricky on nvidia shield and my little keyboard remote but I was able to get through. Will I have to do this for future releases or will it return to this behavior by default?

On another matter, on the homescreen in Bingie mode, v18.1.9 no longer allows navigating above the spotlight with the up key or button to get to the last widget at the bottom. Clicking the down key or button on the bottom widget does circle back to the top, but not vice versa. Was that intentional? If so can that behavior or option be brought back?
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan M O D ( last Updated 19-12-2019)15