Solved TMM v 2.9.1.4 - Error with TMDB image scraper for fanart?
Sad 
Hi,

I am new to the tool and discovered many great features and am in the process of testing my settings so I can go back and fix my existing database and then use it for my new media files.

I have searched previous posts for this issue and found nothing, I am sure if others are experiencing this, they would not be satisfied with the current performance of the image scraper for fanart.

I am using the latest v 2.9.1.4 and having an issue with the selection of the Movie Scrapper themoviedb.org for images of fanart.

The fanart images it is retrieving are of generally low quality, look like bad photoshops and often contain the name as a logo in the fanart.

I have experimented with animated posters, fanart.tv and themoviedb.org and the TMDB as a website contain the best media files to scrape.

I am not interested in any extra images I only want to retrieve the folder and fanart.

I originally noticed this issue because my old media managing client downloaded the fanart for me and these images were the same as if I would use the default TMDB that Kodi scrapes with itself. The new images I was getting in TMM seemed kind of crap and when I compared them to the files I had already scarped from TMDB for the same movies I noticed they were different and far worse.

Going to TMDB website I can not find the images TMM is scraping even though it is selected as the only "image" scraper in the settings. Under the "backdrops" tab on TMDB website, I can see the typical Kodi scraped images of high resolution and high quality looking (not like a cheap photoshop). The far less attractive image scraped by TMM are in most cases not even on TMDB, so I have no idea where they are coming from? I do not want to manually go in and change the fanart for all new movies as I load them, is there a way to fix this?

My current solution is to try the doner version and see if I can select the Kodi client scrapper of TMDB. But the only information I can see on this is that it will allow me an option for the "Scraper" tab and not the "images" tab. I am quite happy with the way I have tweaked my media "scrapper" settings using IMDB and "use TMDB" combined to get the ratings from IMDB but metadata from TMDB.

Otherwise I have to do the fanart manually and will have to look at trying another media manager that will automatically do this for me, I really like this software and if there is a solution I am unaware of or a bug fix that can be done, I will gladly continue to use it, donate and promote it to people I know. 

I also notice this issue with the folder image but in most cases, the image is still acceptable or the same as there is far less variety of posters to fanart for the backdrop of the Kodi skins.

TL;DR: I believe the fanart image setting for TMDB in TMM is not scraping the fanart image it saves from TMDB but somewhere else.The images it is scraping look like cheap fanart photoshops that are often low res, can someone please tell me why this might be happening or how to report the bug to the developer?

EDIT 1: Looking at the log it appears as though the issue is as simple as TMDB is failing to scrape, unsure where it is getting the artwork from then, but I want it from TMDB, please help?

On a side note 2 extra questions if anyone knows:

1. I once recall reading that Kodi only recognises fanart files named "fanart" and not <moviename>fanart.ext however my tests show that <moviename>fanart.ext is recognised and used by Kodi, is this correct?

2. My existing library is manually renamed already with folder and fanart I am happy with, I just want to update the .nfo with all the correct metadata as the old client I was using wrote a whole bunch of empty .nfo files without me noticing. My method for this at the moment is to load the entire existing library, not nominate ANY image scrappers and scrape new data (in my tests this does not re-name or mess with existing files, just overwrites the existing .nfo with the new metadata, is this the best method?)

Edit 2: Adding some links and pictures for examples including the LOGFILE using the currently popular and recent release of Antman and the Wasp as a test:

TMM Retrieved Artwork Page 

TMM Fanart file and data info  

TMDB Backdrop page (can't fit them all but you can see there are higher resolution images and the scraped backdrop from TMM is NOT ON TMDB)  

Full TMDB Ant-Man and the Wasp Backdrop Page

TMM Image scraper settings 

TMM General Scraper settings in case something is interfering

LOG: (does appear to be failing)?

https://paste.kodi.tv/ajuxukilob.kodi
well, tmm only can download what the scrapers provide...
and without any logs we can't analyze any more things than looking in the glass ball
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Deleted
(2018-12-26, 09:57)mlaggner Wrote: well, tmm only can download what the scrapers provide...
and without any logs we can't analyze any more things than looking in the glass ball
It took a while because I don't really know how to do this stuff but I have uploaded all the information I could to assist.

To shorten the entire issue after looking at the log file, my interpretation of it is that TMDB is failing to scrape and therefore the artwork I am scraping is certainly not coming from TMDB, please tell me there is a fix for this?

All the relevant settings are added to the original post. 

Any advice or help you could provide would be very appreciated.
(2018-12-25, 15:55)maniyac Wrote: TMDB Backdrop page (can't fit them all but you can see there are higher resolution images and the scraped backdrop from TMM is NOT ON TMDB)  
Yes it is. It is here... https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/363088-...uage=en-US
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
well you have artwork size LARGE (see http://i65.tinypic.com/ilkbjo.jpg) - atm we do not handle larger artwork - so 1920x1080 is found and preferred over the 4k fanart size
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
(2018-12-26, 20:54)mlaggner Wrote: well you have artwork size LARGE (see http://i65.tinypic.com/ilkbjo.jpg) - atm we do not handle larger artwork - so 1920x1080 is found and preferred over the 4k fanart size
 I did notice this, but it's the highest option, can I please make a feature request to have an option for the higher resolution?

The log said failed in a few spots in relation to the scraping, are you saying it is working all OK?

Is there anything from using the Doner version that could help with this issue, like if I select the Kodi TMDB as the scraper?
(2018-12-26, 19:30)Karellen Wrote:
(2018-12-25, 15:55)maniyac Wrote: TMDB Backdrop page (can't fit them all but you can see there are higher resolution images and the scraped backdrop from TMM is NOT ON TMDB)
Yes it is. It is here... https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/363088-...uage=en-US 
I did some digging and this is under "English"

maybe a way around it is to tell the scraper not to prefer the English backdrops, could I change a setting to do this?
have just fixed that for the next build - I hope this works as desired Big Grin (choosing the "right" image is not as easy as it looks like)
(2018-12-30, 11:32)mlaggner Wrote: have just fixed that for the next build - I hope this works as desired Big Grin (choosing the "right" image is not as easy as it looks like)
 OMG you are amazing!! SmileSmile thanks for your patience in dealing with me.

Just to clarify is your fix to allow for higher resolution selection? (still would like to request if not)

Or to scrape from the general backdrop page of TMDB for the relevant movie? (fairly sure this will solve the issue anyway)

Thinking about it, I think the English tagged backdrops/fanart will always tend to have text hence the English tag and therefore be more low-rent than the more impressive movie poster designs.
Of course, you are 100% correct it is subjective to find the "right" image but I think this change will improve the athletic of many people's movie collections.

Is there an ETA on the next build (I know one only just come out so I don't expect it for a while)?
I think you didn't find the artwork chooser yet Big Grin
edit a movie and click the poster/fanart/... - a window will open and you are able to choose whatever image you want
(2018-12-31, 11:00)mlaggner Wrote: I think you didn't find the artwork chooser yet Big Grin
edit a movie and click the poster/fanart/... - a window will open and you are able to choose whatever image you want
 Actually, I did but found it not to work with lesser-known movies such as An Uncommon Grace for example, that find no matches besides the opening title scene to the movie screen grab under its English Backdrop Page.

I just conducted an experiment that may have helped the problem. What does "Scrape Language names" setting under Settings/movies/images/TMDB do or mean?

There is a help box that says "if selected it will scrape the language/country name (instead of the ISO code), does this mean it points to English backdrops? After unticking this box I now find all the backdrops for An uncommon grace but the English one is still the first preference.

I ask all this not because I don't appreciate your work but because making this software the best it can be. It's point is to automate organising a movie library as much as possible, to stop me from having to manually select every backdrop. All I'm asking for is another option if you don't want to change the default.

My request is:

Under Settings/movies/images/TMDB:

Make it by default or add an option for TMDB to scrape the fanart/backdrop from the relevant movies "backdrop" page on TMDB also known as "no language" specified.

Instead of the current default of the English relevant movie backdrop page on TMDB.

The difference in the URL is "image_language=en&"  just remove this in the new or default setting and it should all work.

Thank you for reading this and I hope what I am seeking is understandable now, sorry for the confusion.
having a separate language setting for artwork is already planned for v3
(2019-01-01, 12:00)mlaggner Wrote: having a separate language setting for artwork is already planned for v3
 amazing, I will do it manually with your workaround until it's release to select the "no language" page as an option Smile

What an amazing developer and support Smile

Already started highly recommending this software to everyone I know.
has been implemented into v3

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TMM v 2.9.1.4 - Error with TMDB image scraper for fanart?0