• 527(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2018-12-13, 14:21)nokio Wrote: Thanks for that. For some reason I though it was the empty slot at the other end of the board. That made it and starting your firmware-util.sh shows that the WP is disabled.

When I start the scrit and select 3 to Install/Update Full Rom Firmware. It does not seems to work. I created a backup and then I get the following error in the image : https://pasteboard.co/HRxjP99.jpg 

sorry about that, I've reverted the change that caused that until I can fix it properly, so should be good to go now
(2018-12-13, 18:24)Matt Devo Wrote: sorry about that, I've reverted the change that caused that until I can fix it properly, so should be good to go now 
 Thanks again for taking the time on this.
I just tried again both firmware-util.sh and setup-kodi.sh and both give the same error as in the screenshot
(2018-12-13, 23:27)nokio Wrote:  Thanks again for taking the time on this.
I just tried again both firmware-util.sh and setup-kodi.sh and both give the same error as in the screenshot 

well, they are just different menus for many of the same functions, I'd be more worried if you got different results. Try again now, hopefully that takes care of it
(2018-12-13, 23:31)Matt Devo Wrote: well, they are just different menus for many of the same functions, I'd be more worried if you got different results. Try again now, hopefully that takes care of it 
 It did the trick. I am booted into Xubuntu right now.
Would a screenshot be of any help of the menu with firmware version etc? I am asking knowing that it is probably not needed.

Great many thanks again.
I will be able to play with it all tonight!
(2018-12-13, 23:43)nokio Wrote:  It did the trick. I am booted into Xubuntu right now.
Would a screenshot be of any help of the menu with firmware version etc? I am asking knowing that it is probably not needed.

Great many thanks again.
I will be able to play with it all tonight! 

no, I just need to sort out the logic that tells flashrom which part of the chip to flash, rather than having it flash the whole chip, given there are parts that are read-only when flashing on a live system. It's only an issue when flashing devices where those RO parts differ from what I've built, and flashrom throws a false failure
(2018-12-13, 23:48)Matt Devo Wrote: no, I just need to sort out the logic that tells flashrom which part of the chip to flash, rather than having it flash the whole chip, given there are parts that are read-only when flashing on a live system. It's only an issue when flashing devices where those RO parts differ from what I've built, and flashrom throws a false failure 

Understood, would it be of any use to do some test using my device since it has different RO parts?
(2018-12-14, 00:03)nokio Wrote: Understood, would it be of any use to do some test using my device since it has different RO parts?

I have 4 CN65's here at the moment, so I should be good Smile
(2018-12-14, 00:14)Matt Devo Wrote: I have 4 CN65's here at the moment, so I should be good Smile 
 Noted, Thanks again and have a great day.
Hey Matt,
I've been having an issue for some time where sometimes when I turn the TV on, there's a blank screen that I can't fix until reboot.  When I view xrandr, 1080p 60Hz is selected, which is proper.  It almost looks like Kodi is crashing or video drivers are having issues, not sure.  This happens maybe every other day or so, no pattern yet I can see.  My setup:
Standalone ASUS CN60 Panther, UEFI 8/27/18 Firmware, LE 8.2.5 (fresh install) connected to Samsung 4k UN65JU6500.  I have loaded PVR WMC addon, which could be pertinent.  I've turned on debugging to see if I can capture this issue again.  Below are log and crash logs.  Any ideas?

Log file (13:47 at bottom of log is when TV is turned on):
https://paste.kodi.tv/qanixiqipi.kodi

Crash log with slightly different final message than log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/acitagevel.kodi
(2018-12-22, 00:09)giant25 Wrote: Hey Matt,
I've been having an issue for some time where sometimes when I turn the TV on, there's a blank screen that I can't fix until reboot.  When I view xrandr, 1080p 60Hz is selected, which is proper.  It almost looks like Kodi is crashing or video drivers are having issues, not sure.  This happens maybe every other day or so, no pattern yet I can see.  My setup:
Standalone ASUS CN60 Panther, UEFI 8/27/18 Firmware, LE 8.2.5 (fresh install) connected to Samsung 4k UN65JU6500.  I have loaded PVR WMC addon, which could be pertinent.  I've turned on debugging to see if I can capture this issue again.  Below are log and crash logs.  Any ideas?

I'd try booting a Live session from USB to see if the same issue occurs there, and/or try the latest Kodi 18RC build (LibreELEC 8.90.009 IIRC).  I know there are some issues with 4K sets, but I don't have one myself, and nothing jumps out at me in the logs.  Maybe try starting a new thread in the Linux support forum or the LE support forums
(2018-12-23, 03:00)Matt Devo Wrote:

I'd try booting a Live session from USB to see if the same issue occurs there, and/or try the latest Kodi 18RC build (LibreELEC 8.90.009 IIRC).  I know there are some issues with 4K sets, but I don't have one myself, and nothing jumps out at me in the logs.  Maybe try starting a new thread in the Linux support forum or the LE support forums
Thanks Matt, will do. In general, when a TV is turned on and handshakes with the Chromebox, is that mainly handled by BIOS, LE, or Kodi?
I just did a reinstall and everything seemed to go okay but when I try to install confluence I get "the dependency on xbmc.gui version 5.14.0 could not be satisfied". Is there a newer version of kodi that the script hasn't picked up yet or is it that all of the skins haven't been updated to run with the latest version of kodi?
(2018-12-23, 20:54)Nitrous Wrote: I just did a reinstall and everything seemed to go okay but when I try to install confluence I get "the dependency on xbmc.gui version 5.14.0 could not be satisfied". Is there a newer version of kodi that the script hasn't picked up yet or is it that all of the skins haven't been updated to run with the latest version of kodi?
 I'm guessing there was a recent bump and the skin needs to be updated, IDK.  Might just be the addons repo needs to refresh, sometimes you need a reboot for that to happen.  Personally I've been using Eminence 2.0 for a while now and haven't looked back
(2018-12-23, 04:39)giant25 Wrote:
(2018-12-23, 03:00)Matt Devo Wrote:

Thanks Matt, will do. In general, when a TV is turned on and handshakes with the Chromebox, is that mainly handled by BIOS, LE, or Kodi?
I had a similar issue, not seeing it with latest LE beta though.
(2018-12-26, 22:17)tredman Wrote:
(2018-12-23, 04:39)giant25 Wrote:
(2018-12-23, 03:00)Matt Devo Wrote:  I'd try booting a Live session from USB to see if the same issue occurs there, and/or try the latest Kodi 18RC build (LibreELEC 8.90.009 IIRC).  I know there are some issues with 4K sets, but I don't have one myself, and nothing jumps out at me in the logs.  Maybe try starting a new thread in the Linux support forum or the LE support forums
I had a similar issue, not seeing it with latest LE beta though.
Thanks. I went to the latest Beta as well and the black screen hasn't happened yet. I am running a completely fresh build with no add-ons (except pvr.wmc). However, I have other issues now:
-commercial skip isn't working with PVR.WMC
-sometimes all GUI text disappears completely and I have to reboot it change resolution to resolve.
-PVR playback would buffer regularly (kernel bug that I applied workaround to)

Anyone else see this with latest Beta on a Chromebox?
  • 527(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37