v18 Kodi can't play Microsoft's Movies & TV DRM'd movies.
Video 
Hi, it has come to my attention that kodi can't properly reproduce DRM'd content off the Microsoft Movies and TV source. I wonder if someone could develop a method to properly reproduce this content with kodi V18 without breaking any legalities. Thanks!
since I doubt that any of our active developers uses M$ movies and TV shows feature, can you provide a sample or more details about which DRM method/encryption they are using? Or maybe a Debug Log in which you try playing such a stream?
(2019-01-02, 12:15)da-anda Wrote: since I doubt that any of our active developers uses M$ movies and TV shows feature, can you provide a sample or more details about which DRM method/encryption they are using? Or maybe a Debug Log in which you try playing such a stream?

https://paste.kodi.tv/sahobebumi.kodi
(2018-12-31, 23:01)27hectormanuel Wrote: Hi, it has come to my attention that kodi can't properly reproduce DRM'd content off the Microsoft Movies and TV source. I wonder if someone could develop a method to properly reproduce this content with kodi V18 without breaking any legalities. Thanks!

What DRM system is needed to decrypt the content? And, in what kind of container do the movies are provided? SmoothStreaming ? MPEG Dash? Other?
(2019-10-10, 17:33)peak3d Wrote:
(2018-12-31, 23:01)27hectormanuel Wrote: Hi, it has come to my attention that kodi can't properly reproduce DRM'd content off the Microsoft Movies and TV source. I wonder if someone could develop a method to properly reproduce this content with kodi V18 without breaking any legalities. Thanks!

What DRM system is needed to decrypt the content? And, in what kind of container do the movies are provided? SmoothStreaming ? MPEG Dash? Other? 

Movies Anywhere takes MPEG-DASH.
(2020-04-11, 19:33)27hectormanuel Wrote:
(2019-10-10, 17:33)peak3d Wrote:

Movies Anywhere takes MPEG-DASH. 
Sorry for the late reply: we can continue, but I'll need a new log file for first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi can't play Microsoft's Movies & TV DRM'd movies.0