• 22(current)
OSMC announced new Vero4k, opinions?
Would I be able to get static ip via this on the box? : https://www.noip.com/support/knowledgeba...on-ubuntu/
There's a couple of guides on using Dynamic DNS here:

https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/howto-ddns-m...c_id=19692

https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/howto-dynami...-osmc/5978

You can use the NoIP client you have pointed to. Before running make; you would run sudo apt-get install build-essential to install the necessary tools to compile the software you have referenced.

Cheers

Sam
Just wanted to give a "thumbs up" for the Vero 4k+.. Have had it in operation for over a week and I am not disappointed with its performance. 
I am only using it for my extensive library of 1080P movies at this time. It handles both the video and audio formats as advertised.
It is replacing a failing HTPC which is over 10-years old, so I am definitely saving on space, electrical operation cost and a higher HTPC replacement / upgrade cost. I have a 4k FTV stick as well but the Vero handles the various audio and video aspects better. The 4k FTV will stay for for my Amazon Prime viewing..

Great support from Sam as well!
(2018-12-13, 04:58)starbudder Wrote: Just wanted to give a "thumbs up" for the Vero 4k+.. Have had it in operation for over a week and I am not disappointed with its performance. 
I am only using it for my extensive library of 1080P movies at this time. It handles both the video and audio formats as advertised.
It is replacing a failing HTPC which is over 10-years old, so I am definitely saving on space, electrical operation cost and a higher HTPC replacement / upgrade cost. I have a 4k FTV stick as well but the Vero handles the various audio and video aspects better. The 4k FTV will stay for for my Amazon Prime viewing..

Great support from Sam as well!
Thank you for your kind words.
As always -- give us a shout if you need help with anything.

Cheers

Sam
What's the timeline for adding support for MaxCLL and MaxFALL HDR metadata?

Also, does the Vero 4k+ properly play 24bits and higher-than-48kHz FLAC or LPCM audio files? The Shield and all other Android devices are limited to 16bit 48kHz.
(2018-12-13, 05:35)KillroyWasHere Wrote: What's the timeline for adding support for MaxCLL and MaxFALL HDR metadata?

Also, does the Vero 4k+ properly play 24bits and higher-than-48kHz FLAC or LPCM audio files? The Shield and all other Android devices are limited to 16bit 48kHz.
Hi,

MaxCLL/MaxFALL: when it's ready. No ETA at this time. 
LPCM: 192/24 is supported. For 2 channels, see this discussion: See https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/can-vero-do-...back/73712

Hope this helps

Sam
Hi,

My Vero 4k is hooked up to a panasonic 50 inch tv via HDMI - and audio  is returned via ARC HDMI to an old 5.1 sony audio system.

If I was to plug a broadband dongle into the vero 4k, would I get wireless headphones working?

Thank you
OSMC Vero 4K, Intel NUC Celeron 847, ODroid N2+, Raspberry Pi3 LibreELEC. Amazon Fire TV
Vizio  Atmos 7.1
LG 65" OLED
(2019-01-01, 20:28)smallclone Wrote: If I was to plug a broadband dongle into the vero 4k, would I get wireless headphones working?

A broadband dongle would be mobile broadband, I suppose (4G).  Wireless headphones are usually bluetooth which is a different technology.  So no.
If you want Bluetooth audio, you can use the internal adapter and install the A2DP package from the forums

Cheers

Sam
What do you guys suggest for storage and sharing, external drive or gigabit NAS?

Will there be performance issues with the external drive if there is torrenting, playback and sharing at the same time?
That should be fine. My recommendation is that if you attach external drives, you do not use NTFS. exFAT will give better performance

Cheers

Sam
(2019-01-03, 03:34)Sam.Nazarko Wrote: That should be fine. My recommendation is that if you attach external drives, you do not use NTFS. exFAT will give better performance

Cheers

Sam

Thanks for your answer.

I noticed now that by external drive I meant a USB drive vs Ethernet NAS. Smile
I have a Mediasonic ProBox HF2-SU3S2 4 Bay and I am thinking of connecting it to the vero 4k using usb 2.0. Will this work or will I encounter some type of issues?

Thanks
(2019-05-05, 04:00)Edworld Wrote: I have a Mediasonic ProBox HF2-SU3S2 4 Bay and I am thinking of connecting it to the vero 4k using usb 2.0. Will this work or will I encounter some type of issues?

Thanks
I'm using two of those without issues though a USB hub attached to the Vero
(2019-05-05, 04:02)Temujin Wrote:
(2019-05-05, 04:00)Edworld Wrote: I have a Mediasonic ProBox HF2-SU3S2 4 Bay and I am thinking of connecting it to the vero 4k using usb 2.0. Will this work or will I encounter some type of issues?

Thanks
I'm using two of those without issues though a USB hub attached to the Vero 
DVD/Blurays/UHD?
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSMC announced new Vero4k, opinions?4