Error in kodi display
Hello
I have installed xbmc 17.6 on ubuntu 18.04. The system is connected to a marantz (AV receiver) and the output of a marantz is given to a projector. But sometimes there is no display of kodi. As my kodi is running in tty7. If a switch to other ttys the display is there but for tty7 with kodi running there is no display. And the issue is random sometimes there is, sometimes there isn't. Please find the logs for one such case.

https://paste.kodi.tv/eyotufukuz.kodi

PLEASE HELP!!
(2019-01-03, 13:49)Dhimant Wrote: PLEASE HELP!!
Or what..? We try to help all people on this forum, so there is no need for screaming like a ... well, you know.

Also, don't cut off your log file and post only the section(s) that you think are interesting. We need the full, uncut and uncensored version, preferably with debugging enabled.
OKAY!!

I have enabled  the debugging mode for the logs and as the issue is very random, so the next time the issue arises, I'll paste the complete logs.
simply make sure you turn on LibreELEC as your last device in the chain and make sure all other devices (PJ, AVR) are up and running if you turn on your HTPC. That should fix it.

As you have cut out the most important part of your log, it's hard to help you. But I guess you are using some Intel GPU. You could also try to fetch the EDID and hardcode that.

Anyway. You should also consider to swtich to Kodi v18, as there won't be any fixes for Kodi 17.6 anymore.
Hey

The issue has occurred again. The logs are as below:

https://paste.kodi.tv/tumapeguwi.kodi

Note: At the end of the logs i played a movie Ae Dil Hai Mushkil and the display doesn't come. My output device is a projector.

After I restarted the kodi and played movie 'The Matrix', it played perfectly on the screen through projector. The logs after restarting kodi are as below:

https://paste.kodi.tv/giyejemepe.kodi

Thanks!!
Which model Marantz?
(2019-01-04, 14:40)yasij Wrote: Which model Marantz?

Marantz SR 7011
I asked because there is a bug with 2013 era Denon/Marantz and the HDMI repeater chip which causes sporadic issues when it is reclocking on a refresh rate change. Yours is newer and should not have the problem.

The issue is that Intel outputs 12-bit color on newer hardware if the display supports it even if Xorg is set to 8-bit color. That increases the bandwidth which made issues for the HDMI repeater.

These issues can also happen with poor quality HDMI cables that can't handle the bandwidth. Have you tried other cables?
(2019-01-05, 14:56)yasij Wrote: These issues can also happen with poor quality HDMI cables that can't handle the bandwidth. Have you tried other cables?

Yes i have tried with other HDMI cables also and believe me we are using the best in the industry HDMI cables but still the issue persists and I strongly think its a kodi level issue.
(2019-01-05, 14:56)yasij Wrote: I asked because there is a bug with 2013 era Denon/Marantz and the HDMI repeater chip which causes sporadic issues when it is reclocking on a refresh rate change. Yours is newer and should not have the problem.

The issue is that Intel outputs 12-bit color on newer hardware if the display supports it even if Xorg is set to 8-bit color. That increases the bandwidth which made issues for the HDMI repeater.

These issues can also happen with poor quality HDMI cables that can't handle the bandwidth. Have you tried other cables?
My Denon 7200WA has also the issue when selecting HDMI output to "Dual" causes from time to time short black screens. Because of that i use either Monitor 1 for TV or 2 for Beamer. This issue was very hard to identify because most common issues belongs to the HDMI cable length at 10m.
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
Hello
I have installed xbmc 17.6 on ubuntu 18.04. The system is connected to a marantz (AV receiver) and the output of a marantz is given to a projector. But sometimes there is no display or audio of kodi. When i access kodi through web browser it shows movie is being played. The projector screen shows HDMI1 no display found. If a stop kodi then the projector screen shows a cursor which means it is able to detect the HDMI signal then. And when I start kodi again the movie is played and displayed perfectly.
And the issue is random, there is no particular case for it.
LOGS:

https://paste.kodi.tv/tumapeguwi.kodi

Note: At the end of the logs i played a movie Ae Dil Hai Mushkil and the display doesn't come. My output device is a projector.

After I restarted the kodi and played movie 'The Matrix', it played perfectly on the screen through projector. The logs after restarting kodi are as below:

https://paste.kodi.tv/giyejemepe.kodi

Thanks in advance!!
Why opening a new thread while your YESTERDAY's previous thread is still running?
There is nothing new as you also posted the same log files.
(2019-01-07, 11:47)Klojum Wrote: Why opening a new thread while your YESTERDAY's previous thread is still running?
There is nothing new as you also posted the same log files.

Because you asked for the complete logs with debugging enabled. I posted the same 3 days back but there was no reply from your side (whether positive or negative) so i thought maybe you only focus on new latest threads so i posted the same again, and see you responded. So can you please help me with the issue?? I'll truly appreciate it.
Also one thing i also noticed. When kodi does not play the movie and i see  the settings through web browser System , the resolution is being shown as 1024x768 and Refresh Rate is 0.00
And when i restart kodi and the movie gets displayed perfectly the resolution changes to 1920x1080p and resfresh rate changes to 60.00.

I think it may be of some help
(2019-01-07, 12:06)Dhimant Wrote: I posted the same 3 days back but there was no reply from your side
So you're going to open a new thread every 3 days, should you not get an answer? That's not how this works.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error in kodi display0