• 26(current)
Win HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi
(2018-07-09, 04:31)bluenote Wrote: Wow, when you have problems, you realize how bad logitech and harmony are with their software.

Can anyone tell me the database entry for the largest list of MCE/microsoft codes?  Every device I try seems to have limitations about what codes are built in.  And unfortunately it seems myharmony doesn't allow buttons from other devices to be configured under a device, AND I've got a bunch of broken 67x's I don't feel like trying to configure to learn.  It would be nice if they would fix this stuff, you know?

Anyways, sorry for the griping.  Can anyone recommend what is the widest selection of Windows remote codes and what database entry it is?

(Not being able to search or select from a list in the myharmony, or anywhere, deserves a special place in hell..)

thanks for any advice
 Did you determine if you have an eHome receiver or a generic USB device? The two devices listed in this guide have the largest number of commands. What exactly are you missing?
I have an ehome device. I do already have MCE keyboard device loaded, as well as a few other microsoft device profiles, but the trouble is no one profile has all the buttons I need - for example, the keyboard profile at the least lacks the Red, Green, Blue, Yellow buttons, all control characters, and I would guess more.   

I am (now) using a 350 and the myharmony app - the only option AFAIK -, which doesn't allow me to configure an activity where buttons from different devices are active in the activity.  I've gone through at least 3 600 series remotes over the years with the old app, and that _was_ something that one could do.

So it's the age old problem with harmony's, that one is often reduced to buying some other kind of learning remote to transfer codes around easily.  (Complicated by the fact that the convenient IR recording device I have, a broadlink rm mini 3, doesn't seem to correctly record the colored MCE functions).

Even if I could (I can beat one of my old broken 600's into service, and painfully use that to teach codes, having to assign them first isn't a walk in the park) provide the codes, now the bug in the myharmony app that won't allow me to assign a function to the two buttons means that I have to recreate the whole device profile, starting from nearly scratch.  

To avoid spending several hours learning codes to an old remote, creating a new device profile, and writing those codes in, I'd really just like to fix this stupid stupid bug that won't allow me to write a function to the two colored buttons I reset. :/  And if I do have to create a new device, it would be fantastic if harmony had improved their software at all in the last ten years. :/  They haven't.

EDIT: Here's the bug I am experiencing in the myharmony app that I posted about elsewhere.  After resetting the two colored buttons, no function can be assigned.

I don't think I understand. You can't assign functions to buttons after adding a device. Harmony does it automatically?

You can convert any device command to a Kodi command with a keyboard.xml. A keyboard command could be assigned to open a specific window in Kodi, for example. A keyboard command could be assigned to anything. But I'm not sure if that is your problem. You want a single device to automatically populate all of the buttons? The Kodi device might be the closest, but it probably wouldn't populate the buttons shown.
I have downloaded Kodi for Xbox One, and want to setup my Harmony One+ to control Kodi.  I can't seem to find Kodi under the MyHarmony.com software to add it
(2018-08-05, 13:12)dtvuk Wrote: I have downloaded Kodi for Xbox One, and want to setup my Harmony One+ to control Kodi.  I can't seem to find Kodi under the MyHarmony.com software to add it
It should be here: https://support.myharmony.com/en-in/harm...-with-kodi
thanks i found it. Not working with Kodi on Xbox One. I assumed this might work given kodi on XB1 is a Windows Universal App.
Hello Everyone.
I have a new Sony Android TV. I have Kodi installed but I am having a little trouble with remote commands. I want to add the "C" key so I can add stuff to favorites, etc. Does anyone know how I can do this?
Thanks!
What devices did you use in Harmony to control your Android version of Kodi?
I am using a bluetooth dongle for a Harmony Ultimate remote. It's working great except for one small detail. I have an older Antec case with a frontview display that I don't use but it comes with its own internal wiring attachment for remote power on / power off. The problem is that neither the Logitech "Antech Media Center" nor the "Windows Media Center" Power On or Power Off commands work. What DOES work is the Power Toggle (yes I wish the discreet commands worked, but, they do not.) The weird thing is when I go to customize the activity, the Antec and/or Windows Media Center Power On commands are there and I cannot remove them - which is fine, they don't do anything, just a bit of delay I suppose in completing the sequence - but when I add a command, and choose either device, Power Toggle is not available to add either during Power On or Power Off. Now, if I'm just out in activity, and press DEVICES, the power toggle command is there and it works. So I added it to the screen and when I press activity, and that sequence finishes, I hit power toggle. But I'm a bit of a perfectionist and would like to perfect that. I think next step is to take the original remote, and train a new command to the Logitech and call it PowerOnOff and then see if I can add that. It's so weird that Power Toggle is there under devices but not available as a selection on Power On or Power Off Sad
So you can’t just tell Harmony to turn the device on and off when you change activities? It should select the correct command automatically. If it doesn’t, using the original remote to learn the command should work.
I have a harmony 650 already configured with kodi and my IR receiver is a flirc and everything works fine. The box is an intel NUC running openelec on the current stable release. I'm trying to map the red button on my remote to send the following command to kodi:

RunScript(service.scrobbler.lastfm,action=LastFM.Love)

For some reason I can't figure out how to make that work. I have pulled the kodi.log and found the id of the keypress (I mapped the red button to g in flirc as the kodi keymap shows it as unused) and created an xml file based on the original post then put it in userdata/keymaps but it doesn't respond when I press the button.

I have the last.fm scrobbler addon installed and enabled and it is scrobbling. Does the skin have to reference this command somewhere? I am using Titan and have no skinning experience so I'm not sure how I would go about addressing it.
I think the syntax is correct, but the command might not be. What does the command look like in your keyboard.xml? Maybe you need to try mapping it to a different key command.
(2019-01-07, 19:46)Warner306 Wrote: I think the syntax is correct, but the command might not be. What does the command look like in your keyboard.xml? Maybe you need to try mapping it to a different key command.
 Thanks for the reply. I found a workaround which is to add the command into Yatse. That works without issue.
Hi. I'm using a Harmony 650 remote and a KODI activity that incorporates the "Media Center PC" and "Samsung TV" profiles for specific commands. The Media Center PC list does not include an escape button. Is there a way to add this?

All I found previously on the subject was an unanswered question: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=220677
If you can find a remote that outputs the Escape command, then you can teach your remote. Otherwise, you need to use one of the devices mentioned in this guide.
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi6