• 55(current)
Release Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi
Okay, I figured what the hell, so I delinked my Echo, and made a whole new Amazon account with a different email.

All problems are now completely solved. Smile
Is the Beta trial still underway? I followed the instructions from here:https://github.com/kodi-connect/kodi-alexa-video But I keep getting the "We were unable to link Kodi at this time." Error.
I reinstalled the Kodi add on and tried several times to re-link but no luck.

Any help?
(2019-01-05, 02:14)nunz56 Wrote: Is the Beta trial still underway? I followed the instructions from here:https://github.com/kodi-connect/kodi-alexa-video But I keep getting the "We were unable to link Kodi at this time." Error.

Any help?
 Are you in a non-supported country? I was getting the same issue, and I had to do two things to get it to work (I literally just got it working, so the beta is still available):

1) Change your Amazon content settings to a supported country (I chose UK) (Account > Digital Content and Devices > Content and Devices > Preferences > Country/Region Settings > Change your country/region). You will probably need to enter a fake address in the chosen country (I happen to already have a UK address on my account, so that part was easy for me)
2) Connect to Kodi via a PC browser, not the Alexa app (you might need to log out and back in after doing step 1)

I also rebooted Kodi, but I'm not sure if that had any effect.

It is working really well, though I am not sure what effect changing my Amazon account region will have on buying stuff from Amazon, including physical goods and my Kindle account.
(2019-01-05, 04:20)djgreedo Wrote:
(2019-01-05, 02:14)nunz56 Wrote: Is the Beta trial still underway? I followed the instructions from here:https://github.com/kodi-connect/kodi-alexa-video But I keep getting the "We were unable to link Kodi at this time." Error.

Any help?
 Are you in a non-supported country? I was getting the same issue, and I had to do two things to get it to work (I literally just got it working, so the beta is still available):

1) Change your Amazon content settings to a supported country (I chose UK) (Account > Digital Content and Devices > Content and Devices > Preferences > Country/Region Settings > Change your country/region). You will probably need to enter a fake address in the chosen country (I happen to already have a UK address on my account, so that part was easy for me)
2) Connect to Kodi via a PC browser, not the Alexa app (you might need to log out and back in after doing step 1)

I also rebooted Kodi, but I'm not sure if that had any effect.

It is working really well, though I am not sure what effect changing my Amazon account region will have on buying stuff from Amazon, including physical goods and my Kindle account. 
 Thanks, this helped me get the skill enabled (by switching Amazon region), unfortunately switching back to AU after enabling it in UK renders the skill unable to be linked again which is kinda a shame, but it seems country constraint is a limitation of Amazon's API.
Thanks for the replys! My Country/Region Settings were already set to US and I am trying to connect via a Web browser. Here's my setup.
iMac running OS High Sierra with Kodi 17.6 installed.
I have tried starting and stopping Kodi several times and removed and added Kodi Device at this site https://kodiconnect.kislan.sk/devices
Re-entered the Device Secret in Kodi each time I added and removed device.

Still getting the "We were unable to link Kodi at this time." error message.  Sad Sad

Not sure what I might be doing wrong but nothing seems to help. Any further suggestions?
I am sorry if this has been mentioned before but suddenly I keep getting "getting * from provider, provider not available" and I cannot find the kodi connect skill anywhere in my alexa app?
This is working beautifully on my main device but I can't for the life of me figure out what is the invocation to play on my other devices instead.
(2019-01-05, 16:43)nunz56 Wrote: Thanks for the replys! My Country/Region Settings were already set to US and I am trying to connect via a Web browser. Here's my setup.
iMac running OS High Sierra with Kodi 17.6 installed.
I have tried starting and stopping Kodi several times and removed and added Kodi Device at this site https://kodiconnect.kislan.sk/devices
Re-entered the Device Secret in Kodi each time I added and removed device.

Still getting the "We were unable to link Kodi at this time." error message.  Sad Sad

Not sure what I might be doing wrong but nothing seems to help. Any further suggestions?
I see others are able to use this addon so I'm not sure what I might be doing wrong. I'm following the instructions posted here:  https://github.com/kodi-connect/kodi-alexa-video and able to add my device, get the secret and install the addon in Kodi but i still get the "Unable to Link" message when trying to link to my account. Could there be some setting in my Amazon account restricting this? My country is already set to US in my Amazon account. 
Any ideas on what I should try next?
When you start Kodi do you a see a pop up message from the add-on that says it has connected?
(2019-01-10, 05:21)karajorma Wrote: When you start Kodi do you a see a pop up message from the add-on that says it has connected?

Yes, I get the "Kodi Connect Connected" message slide in from the top right of the screen when I start Kodi.
Sad 
(2019-01-10, 15:29)nunz56 Wrote:
(2019-01-10, 05:21)karajorma Wrote: When you start Kodi do you a see a pop up message from the add-on that says it has connected?

Yes, I get the "Kodi Connect Connected" message slide in from the top right of the screen when I start Kodi.   
Just tried Linking again and still get the "We were unable to link Kodi at this time." message. 

Something I just noticed now is that the first time I click the "Alexa Beta Test" button and click on the "Invitation Url" Link I get the following message:
Safari can't open the page "https://spa/index.html?fragment=skills/ypur-skills/tvt/....(a bunch of letters and numbers...) because Safari can't find the server "spa".

However if I close that tab and go back and click the link again I get prompted to Login to Amazon Alexa and try to Enable the skill, which fails.

Does getting the server error first have something to do with it not being able to link? If so any ideas how to fix?

Still searching for answers here.... Sad
Is there any way to debug why I am getting "We were unable to link Kodi at this time"?

Feels like I have tried everything, the skill comes up with a "devUS" logo, so my Amazon account is set to US, I have set my PC to US in the Amazon Alexa app. When starting Kodi is clearly states "Kodi Connect Connected" but I cannot link the skill with the account. Any pointers what I could be doing wrong? Have tried linking the skill on different devices but always the same error, "We were unable to link Kodi at this time"....

Anyone have any recommendations what to do?

Thanks in advance!!
Working like a charm, thanks. Looking forward to PVR integration if possible.
"We were unable to link to Kodi at this time"

Addon says connected when kodi starts up, my location is set to US. Double checked the secret password, able to control kodi with my PC.

Any other suggestions? Thanks!
Works great thanks.
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi8