• 172(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
much obliged for your prompt answer
(2019-01-05, 15:01)noggin Wrote: Are you in a 60Hz territory? 
 No, it is just a display for computers, probably this is why it is fail to handle some refresh rates correctly (LG 32UD59-B). It seems it just ignores selecting those two refresh rates and stays on the previously selected one. I also tested with a fire tv stick, getting the same results. But my LG PW600G projector handles those, so it is not a problem with kodi or mibox, but with the display, it seems.
(2019-01-06, 19:36)azbest Wrote:
(2019-01-05, 15:01)noggin Wrote: Are you in a 60Hz territory? 
 No, it is just a display for computers, probably this is why it is fail to handle some refresh rates correctly (LG 32UD59-B). It seems it just ignores selecting those two refresh rates and stays on the previously selected one. I also tested with a fire tv stick, getting the same results. But my LG PW600G projector handles those, so it is not a problem with kodi or mibox, but with the display, it seems. 
 Ah - lots of PC displays don't support 50Hz refresh rates, that's not unusual.
When this update will roll out?
(2019-01-05, 05:15)wrxtasy Wrote: Just installed this Beta - Plex / Kodi auto refresh switching Firmware, feedback for Xiaomi:

• For Kodi (Leia) it's working well for all Frame Rates inc. the fractional ones 23.976, 29.97 & 59.94 fps
  • Tested SPMC 16.4.x and it's all working great with that App as well. MrMC should be the same if I test it. Did not test Plex.
  • The Kodi Leia Netflix Addon works well for smooth 24p Netflix playback with 5.1 DD+ or 5.1 DD audio Smile
  • There is no issues when skipping thru 10bit HEVC video, that I could see after refresh switching.
  • When minimising Kodi and going back to the main Oreo user interface it correctly switches back to the correct refresh rate if they are different.

I'm pretty impressed !
What this update now opens up is much better Kodi support for those of use that live in territories that also need to view 25/50fps video content.
AMLogic fixing Android mpeg2 and h.264 deinterlacing so it outputs full motion - would complete the package.

However for 4K TV owners there is an annoying bug:
  • All non 4K video content triggers a Kodi auto Resolution switch to a 4K display mode every time refresh switching occurs.
  • This is unwanted for all non 4K content because you want a 4K TV to use it's superior 720/1080p > 2160p picture upscaling hardware to upscale and display such content.
  • If everything is output at 4K, then the inferior upscaling hardware of the Mi Box is used for non 4K content and picture output looks a bit dull and "soft" vs what a 4K TV can do.

720/1080p Kodi video needs to be output at 720/1080p and not switch to 4K when auto refresh switching.

For 1080p TV owners this minor resolution switching bug will not affect them - I would not delay a Firmware update because of it.

This long awaited auto refresh switching feature will be a great update for Kodi Mi Box users. Smile

@generalmilk
Also before I forget - ask Xiaomi or get them to remind AMLogic that the IEC61937 audio patches are missing from Oreo 8.1 Firmware.
IEC61937 support for Kodi HD audio passthrough still works in the Oreo 8.0 - 2016 Mi Box - but is missing in Oreo 8.1 Mi Box S Firmware.

Thanks.

W.

ForwardedSmile
Is it possible to share beta firmwares with regular people? :-)
I mean intercept somehow zip file and upload somewhere.
Thanks.
It is nice to see that things are getting better and better. I've been using Mibox with Kodi for more then a year and always with Atmos through my Denon X2500H (atmos and DTS:X capable receiver) and dispite the well known problens, I've been facing off a new one: from time to time, the center channel goes to the back left channel or back right channel (doesn't matter if atmos, DD, or DTS, DTS HD or DTS X). The center channel just goes to one of the rear channels. And when this happens, I have to stop the movie and resume it. I tested the mibox with Kodi 17 and 18 RC4 both on my Onkyo and Denon and the same happens, but Apple TV 4K plays atmos and multi channel with no problem both on Denon or Onkyo. BTW, English is not my first language. Sorry for any mistake.
I just discover, based on last wrxtasy post, that I can play DD+ with Netflix addon for Leia. I have a Mibox with last Oreo 2396 firmware connected trough toslink with an old Sony receiver, and enabling passtrough in Kodi Leia RC3, I can listen Netflix DD+ transcoded to DD. It's a great news for me.  Blush
Since you are mentioning Leia and Netflix add-on, I went here

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=329767

and followed the instructions for Android. I have Leia Rc4. I entered the login details and the addon got the ESN automatically. However, whenever I try to run it, it throws an error.

So for a start, is there any way I can see the log file because with X-Plore I cannot see hidden files and I cannot copy the folder to USB stick or through network to check on my PC.

Do I have to follow any other steps to install successfully the addon to Kodi Leia; When I open it, i get notification on my email that a new device is connected.
I followed the instructions from the video and it worked. It is important that you exit kodi after all steps are done, and before the first video play.
(2019-01-10, 12:23)nikos_a Wrote: So for a start, is there any way I can see the log file because with X-Plore I cannot see hidden files and I cannot copy the folder to USB stick or through network to check on my PC.
X-plore File Manager has setting to show hidden files - http://itsegment.net/wp-content/uploads/...-56-11.png
Has anyone tried to install an USB bluetooth dongle to the Mi Box?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
(2019-01-13, 08:41)steve1977 Wrote: Has anyone tried to install an USB bluetooth dongle to the Mi Box?
 Why?
(2019-01-13, 16:19)clarkss12 Wrote:
(2019-01-13, 08:41)steve1977 Wrote: Has anyone tried to install an USB bluetooth dongle to the Mi Box?
 Why? 

Because I'd like to use moonlight and don't like the embedded bluetooth support. I'd prefer to use virtualhere, which will require me to connect the controllers via a bluetooth dongle.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
(2019-01-13, 16:28)steve1977 Wrote:
(2019-01-13, 16:19)clarkss12 Wrote:
 Why?  

Because I'd like to use moonlight and don't like the embedded bluetooth support. I'd prefer to use virtualhere, which will require me to connect the controllers via a bluetooth dongle. 
 I have 2 different Bluetooth dongles, but no idea how to test them.
  • 172(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21