• 92(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
I've installed a fresh kodi RC5 with eminence 2 mod skin 3.0.2 and it's working! If it helps troubleshooting...
(2019-01-13, 18:01)Sangour Wrote: I've installed a fresh kodi RC5 with eminence 2 mod skin 3.0.2 and it's working! If it helps troubleshooting...

Has anyone tried a fresh install of 3.0.3 on RC4? Right now I'm trying to pin down the issue. I am able to reproduce it on my machine, so hopefully, I'll be able to crank out a fix sooner rather than later.

In the meantime, I reccomend NOT updating until this is resolved, except for the folks willing to help me resolve this.

For those affected by the issue, the only solution for now is to revert to the previous version, and if your shortcuts weren't corrupted, that should restore your menus.
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
I've just tested installing a fresh kodi RC4 with eminence 2 mod 3.0.3 and the skin is broken!
Skin shortcuts problem here as well, Nvidia Shield and Kodi android nightly from today.
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
I tested this skin mod for first time and its very faster than the normal skin.
But I have a question 'bout the view types.

I love the Media Info 4. But in every Viewtype it shows the same pics/fanarts in Artwork and Information. Normally the Artwork(left) should be the cover and the right one the fanart.
When I go to an season and let show me the episodes the left one shows a szene of the episode but there should be the cover. The left one is right.
And in the background it should show always the fanart, but it doesnt show it.

Any suggestion?

Everyone who's had trouble with the skinshortcuts menu, can you please install this dependency, then shut down Kodi, delete everything in the script.skinshortcuts userdata folder (after backing up), fire up Kodi, and then try to see if the menu builds successfully? If that fails by itself, could you try and also install this version of skinshortcuts, and repeat the same procedure? 

I still don't know if this entire frackas is caused by some incompatblity with the latest Leia RC, with the skin itself, or with the aging skinshortcuts, probably all three at once. Anyway, BigNoid's offcial repo entry has several commits over Marcel's version, and after manually installing this dependency and updating the add-on, I seem to have no issues building menus.

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
Installed both dependencies and deleted mentioned folder after backing it up.
Updated to 3.0.3, and menu builds, but the icons look god awful.
Restored my backed up script.skinshortcuts folder and rebooted. Skin is back to normal.
@lusephur (and anyone else willing to test this out): Could you download this file and extract the archived folder inside your skin.eminence.2.mod/extras folder. Then delete all the data in the userdata folder of the script.skinshortcuts, boot Kodi, and see how it builds. 

I've made some changes to the menu template files, and also stumbled upon a change in structure for the Leia version of skinshortcuts. Perhaps it isn't necessary to install the dependency I mentioned, I'm honestly no longer sure, it would be great if someone who hadn't already installed the files from my previous post would test just this step, in order to be certain.

The end result of this should be a proper-looking and configured menu, just like we had before.

Man what happened? I updated and poof! My entire setup, which was perfect, is totally wrecked. Any help getting me back to where I was?
Ok gonna try this (fingers crossed)
Whew! Just re-installed 3.02 on RC4 and everything but my icons were back to normal. Easy fix. 

Alanon- is there any way to get the search function working again in library? used to work great, now when I search my movie library I get no results.
(2019-01-14, 02:44)Alanon Wrote: @lusephur (and anyone else willing to test this out): Could you download this file and extract the archived folder inside your skin.eminence.2.mod/extras folder. Then delete all the data in the userdata folder of the script.skinshortcuts, boot Kodi, and see how it builds. 

I've made some changes to the menu template files, and also stumbled upon a change in structure for the Leia version of skinshortcuts. Perhaps it isn't necessary to install the dependency I mentioned, I'm honestly no longer sure, it would be great if someone who hadn't already installed the files from my previous post would test just this step, in order to be certain.

The end result of this should be a proper-looking and configured menu, just like we had before.
Tried what you suggested on a fresh install.
Base system arch linux 64bit
kodi version, git (leia rc 4 or something.)
installed the marcelvelt repo first
then a zip of eminence 3.0.2
followed by the zip you posted on zippyshare. Everything worked fine.
Then I installed your repo and let kodi update your skin.
Same error. Menu not building.
Not sure if I can get a log file to you, as I'm off to work won't be near a pc for a day or so.
Hi Alanon
Have just tried a clean install of 3.03 on RC5.2. Followed the suggestion at #1,373, above. Still getting ‘Unable to build menu’ error.  I notice that the log shows ‘No <skinsettings> tag found’
I am running Windows 10Pro (64 bit)
Cheers
(2019-01-14, 13:17)Vitruvius3 Wrote: Hi Alanon
Have just tried a clean install of 3.03 on RC5.2. Followed the suggestion at #1,373, above. Still getting ‘Unable to build menu’ error.  I notice that the log shows ‘No <skinsettings> tag found’
I am running Windows 10Pro (64 bit)
Cheers
Thank you for testing things out! Could you repeat the same procedure, only with the dependency and BigNoid's script installed, alongside the files copied over? The links are in my post prior to #1, 373.

(2019-01-14, 02:44)Alanon Wrote: @lusephur (and anyone else willing to test this out): Could you download this file and extract the archived folder inside your skin.eminence.2.mod/extras folder. Then delete all the data in the userdata folder of the script.skinshortcuts, boot Kodi, and see how it builds. 

I've tried this but it didn't work. After that I also installed the dependency and the other version of skinshortcuts. It doesn't show an error anymore but the main menu looks awfull.

I'm using a nightly version of kodi leia on a WIN10 PC with your latest skin version.
  • 92(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21