Cannot compile binary libretro addons on Ubuntu Xenial
I'm trying to compile the binary libretro addons on Ubuntu Xenial using my Linux compilation scripts, but I get the following error for all of them:

Code:
-- Processing /home/kodi/kodi-source/tools/depends/target/binary-addons/native/build/game.libretro.genplus/depends/common/genplus/genplus.txt
-- genplus url: https://github.com/libretro/Genesis-Plus-GX/archive/5270de0059cde7ba02903a9a0857e26023e1b269.zip
CMake Warning (dev) at /home/kodi/kodi-source/cmake/scripts/common/HandleDepends.cmake:244 (message):

/home/kodi/kodi-source/tools/depends/target/binary-addons/native/build/game.libretro.genplus/depends/common/genplus/genplus.sha256
  is missing
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:386 (add_addon_depends)
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.5/Modules/ExternalProject.cmake:1888 (message):
  Could not extract tarball filename from url:

https://github.com/libretro/Genesis-Plus-GX/archive/5270de0059cde7ba02903a9a0857e26023e1b269.zip;
  /usr/share/cmake-3.5/Modules/ExternalProject.cmake:2459 (_ep_add_download_command)
  /home/kodi/kodi-source/cmake/scripts/common/HandleDepends.cmake:247 (externalproject_add)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

Note that the scripts work like a charm in Debian Unstable with cmake 3.13.2. CMake version in Ubuntu Xenial is 3.5.1. Could be the problem related to the fact that the filename ends in a ; character?

Thanks a lot.

EDIT: forgot to mention, I'm using Kodi Leia from master, commit 3aac935a7e712e7a303763c649351d1569241cae.
Talked to a teammate. He said try with this line removed: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/ccefc5...cmake#L237 . Also try with just the quotes removed.
(2019-01-28, 21:18)garbear Wrote: Talked to a teammate. He said try with this line removed: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/ccefc5...cmake#L237 . Also try with just the quotes removed.

Removing the quotes in Ubuntu Xenial: Works.
Removing the quotes in Debian Unstable: Works.

Removing the whole line in Ubuntu Xenial: Works.
Removing the whole line in Debian Unstable: Works.

Thanks a lot for your help!
Some more problems. In Debian Unstable, with the line removed, the addon audiodecoder.wsr fails to build. The building process gets stuck and I have t interrupt with Ctrl+C. If I restore the line the build systems works well again.

Code:
-- Pattern audiodecoder.* matches audiodecoder.wsr, building addon
--
-- ---- Configuring addon /home/kodi/kodi-source/cmake/addons/addons/audiodecoder.wsr/audiodecoder.wsr.txt ----
-- audiodecoder.wsr: git branch/tag master resolved to hash: fa3fa8670b297737e8401398b91cb0dd20398128

[ 52%] Completed 'kodi-platform'
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/kodi/kodi-source/tools/depends/target/binary-addons/native'
[ 64%] Built target kodi-platform
Cmake[4]: *** [CMakeFiles/zlib.dir/build.make:102: build/zlib/src/zlib-stamp/zlib-patch] Interrupt
More problems. This time compiling in Ubuntu Xenial. With the quotes removed, the addon vfs.rar doesn't build at all. The addon vfs.nfs fails to build:

Code:
-- ---- Configuring addon /home/kodi/kodi-source/cmake/addons/addons/vfs.smb2/vfs.smb2.txt ----
-- Pattern vfs.* matches vfs.nfs, building addon
--
-- ---- Configuring addon /home/kodi/kodi-source/cmake/addons/addons/vfs.nfs/vfs.nfs.txt ----
-- vfs.nfs: git branch/tag master resolved to hash: d9ede317f40923d21645ac6fa118127a70b83730
x vfs.nfs-d9ede317f40923d21645ac6fa118127a70b83730/

-- Processing /home/kodi/kodi-source/tools/depends/target/binary-addons/native/build/vfs.nfs/depends/common/nfs/nfs.txt
-- nfs url: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/build-deps/sources/libnfs-2.0.0.tar.gz
CMake Warning (dev) at /home/kodi/kodi-source/cmake/scripts/common/HandleDepends.cmake:232 (message):

/home/kodi/kodi-source/tools/depends/target/binary-addons/native/build/vfs.nfs/depends/common/nfs/nfs.sha256
  is missing
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

-- vfs.nfs DEPENDENCIES: nfs
--
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done

[ 42%] Completed 'kodi-platform'
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/kodi/kodi-source/tools/depends/target/binary-addons/native'
[ 45%] Built target kodi-platform

and then it gets stuck there forever. I have to interrupt the build process with Ctrl+C.

Removing the line completely seems to solve the problem.

EDIT if I removed the line, compilation of the addon audiodecoder.vgmstream gets stuck. It seems that removing the quotes and removing the line affects positively to some addons but negatively to other addons.

EDIT 2 The build systems gets stuck on the patch program. When the build system is stuck, if I press ENTER then the message shows

Code:
[ 55%] Built target kodi-platform <-- build system stuck at this point

Apply anyway? [n]

I press y and ENTER and the build continues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot compile binary libretro addons on Ubuntu Xenial0