Missing Emulators
I'm not seeing the muppen64plus emulator for download in repo but I see here it is "done". Am i blind or is it missing?

Were can I put in an FE for a core. I was hoping to get the dolphin emulator added to the repo. I don't think I have the time, skill set or patience to port myself. The core seems to be very capable in retroarch

I have a Nvidia Shield TV if that makes any difference.
No cores that require any sort of hardware acceleration will work in Kodi. No mupen, no dolphin, nada.
Thanks for the answer, do you happen to know is this on a todo list somewhere or is this dead in the water?
It won't be in any of the Leia releases, so maybe in a year? Two?

I believe this is the github for the OGL-enabled branch, but it's been dormant a few months & is a large number of commits behind master so there could be some hefty rebasing needed. 

And that's not even getting into the fact that emulators for the 5th generation (N64/Playstation/Saturn) & newer are frequently coded to work best in D3D or Vulkan & not OpenGL.
Great info. More waiting, thanks again
I'm quite happy to flip between Kodi & BigBox right now & while it'd be nice to have it all in one unified interface I'm not gonna stress about it for the time being. It's still early days for the game support & there's lots of promise, but it's a big project with a lot left to do.
Didn't mean to sound unappreciative. The controller management piece alone is awesome and a welcomed addition. I've been following, so completely understand the amount of time and hard work that went into what we have. We are definitely a few steps closer to a easy config universal solution. I actually use hyperspin and launch from within Kodi, was hoping to abandon hyperspin with this release. No big deal though will just have to be patient.
(2019-02-01, 02:06)runsamok Wrote: I believe this is the github for the OGL-enabled branch, but it's been dormant a few months & is a large number of commits behind master so there could be some hefty rebasing needed. 

While I'm not sure this includes a1rwulf's work, the most recent progress is here: https://github.com/lrusak/xbmc/commits/rp-gl

Progress was interrupted when there were issues with GL contexts in different threads. Kodi is more decoupled from rendering than RetroArch, so there's some extra work needed to finish this.
(2019-02-01, 14:19)geopgin Wrote: I actually use hyperspin and launch from within Kodi, was hoping to abandon hyperspin with this release.

What features are keeping you on hyperspin? Now that our MVP was released with 18.0 a few days ago, we can start building toward a completed experience.
Mostly the fact that it's already setup. I have a very large library most of which I don't play. I have a number of controllers as well and switching / configuring them is a pain in the ass. I was really hoping to drastically shrink my collection and start using retroplayer for simplicity.
(2019-02-03, 13:41)geopgin Wrote: I have a very large library...

That's the problem, Kodi has no game library yet. However, there's several game add-ons that have popped up offering extensive libraries. If you give some a try, I'd like to hear the progress they've made.
If Kodi offered a comparable library function for games as it does for videos or music, I might be able to overlook the lower-quality emulator experience. Likewise, if the emulator experience, compatibility & functionality was comparable to RetroArch I could overlook the lack of any proper library support. But with both being lacking in the current release there's just no compelling reason to use retroplayer as more than a curiosity in Leia.
I'm assuming you haven't tried out Internet Archive Game Launcher? It does not support n64 but has pretty much every lower system with an enormous library of games to choose from. The lists are just like movies and TV shows to choose from. Click on a system then click on a game and it will download the game and required emulator and start running.

Not sure if this is already something you know just figured I'd mention it because reading your comment didn't seem like you did. 👌
(2019-02-05, 17:54)runsamok Wrote: If Kodi offered a comparable library function for games as it does for videos or music, I might be able to overlook the lower-quality emulator experience.

I'm assuming you haven't tried out Internet Archive Game Launcher? It does not support n64 but has pretty much every lower system with an enormous library of games to choose from. The lists are just like movies and TV shows to choose from. Click on a system then click on a game and it will download the game and required emulator and start running.

Not sure if this is already something you know just figured I'd mention it because reading your comment didn't seem like you did.
(2019-02-05, 21:24)JoeKC35 Wrote:
(2019-02-05, 17:54)runsamok Wrote: If Kodi offered a comparable library function for games as it does for videos or music, I might be able to overlook the lower-quality emulator experience.

Not sure if this is already something you know just figured I'd mention it because reading your comment didn't seem like you did.
You assume dead wrong. 

I've used it (as much as I can stand) & while I can see it has had a lot of work put into it & may be good for casual users to goof around in, it's in no way shape or form a substitute for a curated, & organized comprehensive local collection with art, videos & metadata.

A list from a website is not a library.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing Emulators0