• 162(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
PLEASE HELP SAVE MY PLASMA TV !!

Hi Helly - I desperately need your help and guidance Sad .  I just discovered I've been killing my plasma TV by watching youtube videos through Kodi at > 1x speed (which constantly displays the PB Speed icon in lower the right corner). There is now a ghost image of the icon burned into this corner, noticeable when solid, light colours are in this area of the picture. Yikes !!

To protect against further harm, I must find a way In Xonfluence to quickly fade out this indicator, after it initially appears.  This is true for both the variable-speed PB indicator -and- the Pause indicator.  If there was a skin option to auto-fade these two elements (with user-specified delay time), it would be soooo helpful to the Health and Safety of plasma TV's everywhere (yea... me and the other guy watching Kodi on old-skool plasma Rofl  ).

This behaviour would then mirror what happens when you go from Pause to Play: the icon changes to the PB triangle, and fades from the screen shortly thereafter (within 2 seconds it seems).

For me personally, I would like to change the colour of these three indicators (Pause/ Play/ vari-speed Play) to a much darker grey, lessening the chance of further high intensity (ie: white) pixel burn.

If you feel this is too specialized a request, perhaps you would show me where/ what changes to make to the XML files, and I will have to modify my Xonfluence installation every time you issue an update to the skin.  This is the only way I can use Kodi/Xonfluence to watch these documentaries & interviews on my big screen Undecided .

Thanks in advance Helly, for helping solve what is a local Red Light Emergency in our little world.
::  LibreELEC 9.2.6 RELEASE - Generic x86_64  ::  Intel 847 NUC  ::  KVR1333D3S9/4G  ::  Kingston SMS200S3/30G mSATA  ::  MS 1044 MCE keyboard  ::  GP-IR02BK remote  ::  Xonfluence  ::  10.9TiB on FreeNAS v11.3-U5 (RAID-Z2)  ::
(2019-01-24, 23:04)jmh2002 Wrote: @Helly1206

I rarely post in this thread anymore (even though I do still read everyone else's posts). Do you know why that is? It's because with all your continued work and support of Xonfluence my setup also just continues to simply work without issues.

I had to go back to page 1 and check - your first post was Saturday, 12th September, 2015, the second post was by me 7 minutes later - that is now more than 3 years ago!

So a big THANKS for all that you do here, and for more than 3 years of happy use for myself and my family. It is VERY appreciated Smile
 Hi jhm2002,

I never even noticed that you replied on my first post in 7 minutes.  Big Grin

Thank you!
Helly.
(2019-01-26, 09:37)gjwAudio Wrote: PLEASE HELP SAVE MY PLASMA TV !!

Hi Helly - I desperately need your help and guidance Sad .  I just discovered I've been killing my plasma TV by watching youtube videos through Kodi at > 1x speed (which constantly displays the PB Speed icon in lower the right corner). There is now a ghost image of the icon burned into this corner, noticeable when solid, light colours are in this area of the picture. Yikes !!

To protect against further harm, I must find a way In Xonfluence to quickly fade out this indicator, after it initially appears.  This is true for both the variable-speed PB indicator -and- the Pause indicator.  If there was a skin option to auto-fade these two elements (with user-specified delay time), it would be soooo helpful to the Health and Safety of plasma TV's everywhere (yea... me and the other guy watching Kodi on old-skool plasma Rofl  ).

This behaviour would then mirror what happens when you go from Pause to Play: the icon changes to the PB triangle, and fades from the screen shortly thereafter (within 2 seconds it seems).

For me personally, I would like to change the colour of these three indicators (Pause/ Play/ vari-speed Play) to a much darker grey, lessening the chance of further high intensity (ie: white) pixel burn.

If you feel this is too specialized a request, perhaps you would show me where/ what changes to make to the XML files, and I will have to modify my Xonfluence installation every time you issue an update to the skin.  This is the only way I can use Kodi/Xonfluence to watch these documentaries & interviews on my big screen Undecided .

Thanks in advance Helly, for helping solve what is a local Red Light Emergency in our little world.
 Hi,

I'm sorry I'm replying again on a post of gjwAudio, but this post describes exactly what I tried to explain a few days ago. Please don't get me wrong gjwAudio, I do really appreciate your work, especially on reviewing and finding bugs that no one else noticed.

You send me a 'desperate' post in capital letters that your plasma tv is destroyed (insinuating that the Xonfluence skin is the culprit). I know about older plasma tvs and pictures burning in, but does that happen on playing back in fast forward for (I assume) a relatively short time? You should have logo's burned in at every corner also. And now your tv is destroyed already, it doesn't matter anymore does it? You ask me to modify the skin for probably only 1 person that is watching youtube in feed-forward on a plasma tv. Sorry, this may sound a little negative but this is how I think about it in general.

But in fact you ask me on adding a custom option and honestly, I don't know how to deal with it. Maybe some of you guys and girls can help me on how to deal with it in the future. Here are my thoughts on it:
  • First I don't want to add new features to the skin at the moment. I really would like to finalize the skin for the Leia release. Adding features may introduce bugs or complaints from people who don't like them. There may be a few updates but they are only on bug-fixing and language updates related.
  • I don't like adding lots of options that only a very limited amount of people use. There are already a lot of options in this skin and I get quite some posts from people having problems finding or interpreting the options. Just to inform you on the amount of work adding an option is: if I implement this option I have to find out where and how to implement a conditional fade, let the seekbar fade out after an amount of time, I need to implement it for all purposes (video, audio, TVshows, movies ...), it needs to be implemented for all seekbars (original and Xonfluence), add the option to the skin settings menu, update all the language files and test it for all possibilities. You can imagine that I will spend a part of my weekend to make it working.
  • If I decide not to implement it as an option, but always let the seekbar fade out after an amount of time, I will probably get posts from people who don't like it, don't agree with the fading time or delay, would like an option for adjusting the time etc.
  • About the question on helping you adjusting the code, I don't do that anymore as I already wrote in some posts a while ago. The reason of that is that this really costs me a huge amount of time. I get quite some questions from people on helping me with quite some coding questions. I first need to do the research and explain them what they need to do. Nine out of ten times it doesn't work and people ask me to review or test their code. I need to make a test system to not mess up my master code, do a lot of testing work and explain what I did/ changed. Goodbye weekend. Furthermore people don't understand their changes are gone after (automatically) updating to a new version or that they are hard to merge because of updates of the files they made their changes in. So everyone is free to modify Xonfluence for their needs (as long as you comply with the GPL license), but don't expect any help from me.
I hope you understand what I'm trying to say and if anyone has ideas on how to cope with this in the future, please tell me.

Thanks for understanding.
Helly.
I think that Xonfluence is already pretty feature rich, considering that it is meant to be a confluence mod, and not a totally custom skin.

Xonfluence (and CCM before it) is a very mature skin development wise and that should be part of the appeal to users, rather than someone looking for the latest cutting edge look, feel, and functions.

So I agree with you @Helly1206 - the focus should be on bug fixes, stability, confluence base additions, and prep/changes necessary for new Kodi versions, instead of constant new requests for added functionality which often just ends up burning out developers and thereafter results in no support at all for the skin anymore.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Some small updates:

- Updated Swedish translation (thanks to Sopor)
- Changed DisableFanartScript to EnableFanartScript to let the option work correctly #2411

Enjoy,
Helly.
(2019-01-27, 20:04)Helly1206 Wrote: - Changed DisableFanartScript to EnableFanartScript to let the option work correctly #2411
 Many thanks Helly.
Thanks again for another update.

I have one small issue and not sure if its the skin or my KODI database / cache. But the home stats bay is showing 11 TV shows when I only have 8. The stats bar shows the correct amount of Movies though 

I have cleaned the library, removed the TV Shows, then re-scanned them but the stats bar still shows 11.

I use Artwork Organizer for custom backgrounds and it is copying over 8 TV shows fanart and not 11.

Any ideas?
Hi, 

I just upgraded Kodi from 17.6 to 18. As a result, Xonfluence auto updated. I did lose my custom backgrounds during the update, but no biggie... I manually applied them again. Everything seems to be working fine with Xonfluence. 

The only issue I currently have is during Kodi boot, I get the following message: 
add-on migration in progress - please wait... 

Then a pop-up window titled "Incompatible add-ons" appears with the following message:

The following add-ons are incompatible with this version of Kodi and have been automatically disabled: Estuary

I can switch between both skins without issue. Estuary also shows as enabled under all add-ons section. 

Does anyone know how I can resolve this error?
4GB ODROID N2 64GB eMMC, Asus i3 Chromebox 128GB, Nvidia Shield TV Pro, Wetek Hub, AFTV
CoreELEC Nightly, LibreELEC 9.2, Kodi 20.2 
LG 65" OLED C9 and Integra DRX 3.4 w/ Dirac Live Atmos 5.1.2
(2019-02-01, 06:19)Newbie_from_NJ Wrote: Hi, 

I just upgraded Kodi from 17.6 to 18. As a result, Xonfluence auto updated. I did lose my custom backgrounds during the update, but no biggie... I manually applied them again. Everything seems to be working fine with Xonfluence. 

The only issue I currently have is during Kodi boot, I get the following message: 
add-on migration in progress - please wait... 

Then a pop-up window titled "Incompatible add-ons" appears with the following message:

The following add-ons are incompatible with this version of Kodi and have been automatically disabled: Estuary

I can switch between both skins without issue. Estuary also shows as enabled under all add-ons section. 

Does anyone know how I can resolve this error?
 Please disregard. I solved my problem. I navigated into /Kodi/addons/ and deleted the folder skin.estuary
4GB ODROID N2 64GB eMMC, Asus i3 Chromebox 128GB, Nvidia Shield TV Pro, Wetek Hub, AFTV
CoreELEC Nightly, LibreELEC 9.2, Kodi 20.2 
LG 65" OLED C9 and Integra DRX 3.4 w/ Dirac Live Atmos 5.1.2
I added buttons to the home screen but for some reason only works with a computer mouse and not with a remote control. Do something else have to be done to work with a remote control?
(2019-02-01, 18:51)viki121281 Wrote: I added buttons to the home screen but for some reason only works with a computer mouse and not with a remote control. Do something else have to be done to work with a remote control?
What type of buttons?
How did you add them?
(2019-01-30, 02:27)Rudders Wrote: Thanks again for another update.

I have one small issue and not sure if its the skin or my KODI database / cache. But the home stats bay is showing 11 TV shows when I only have 8. The stats bar shows the correct amount of Movies though 

I have cleaned the library, removed the TV Shows, then re-scanned them but the stats bar still shows 11.

I use Artwork Organizer for custom backgrounds and it is copying over 8 TV shows fanart and not 11.

Any ideas?
I checked on my system, but my skin showed the correct number of TV shows. So I think it is not a skin problem. Did you check on another skin?
Just worked out what the issue was.  I was adding the Year to TV Show Folders and File names.  After removing those the TV Shows numbers are matching up.  My bad.
hey,

Don't know if this is related to the TvHeadEnd PVR or the skin itself.
But, in kodi 17.6 watching channels through the PVR I got a preview to the right of the channel list when clicking OK. Then another OK för full screen.
When updating to Kodi 18 it directly goes to full screen and I get these note icons all of over the screen. Clicking back in that moment I can see the picture running.
Someone else has this problem?
Thanks
I’m having some widget issues.... I can’t seem to enable a widget from a favorite in Kodi 18 with the 4.0.9 xonfluence skin.

I’ve opened my app of choice, “new movies” menu item, context button, add to favorites.
In the skin settings menu, I go to the Main Menu Item, click Widget set, click Custom widgets - favorites, select my “new movies” favorite menu item I just created, and it brings me back to the menu of select widget set.

There seems to be no way for me to use a favourite as a widget. Any thoughts?
  • 162(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13