v18 [MOD] Aeon MQ5 for Kodi 18 Leia
(2019-01-18, 00:07)scott967 Wrote: Could you provide the full folderpath and filename for the file?  If you have in the path the words "bluray" AND also ".3dbd." or ".3d." it should show the "3dbd" sticker on the case.  Also make sure you haven't changed the skin settings of your cases (skin settings / media case).  Check LABEL CASE BLURAY and LABEL CASE 3DBD.

scott s.
Hi Scott,

Thanks for your response. Sorry I was away for the extended weekend. 

I understand what's happening now - my filenames are not matching the case condition criteria. I don't have bluray or 3dbd in my filenames. I do have "(4K)" in my UHD MKVs and "(3D)" in my 3D ISOs, but nothing in my non-3D blu-ray ISOs. 

Instead of changing the filenames at this point (which will require more work and affect a few other things), I'd prefer to change the condition criteria in the settings (which If I'm not mistaken should be in the XML files somewhere). Since I don't have a single DVD, I'll prefer to denominate all ISOs as Blu-ray. If this is possible, can you point me to the XML Settings file I can make this change in?

Thanks!
Not sure if my problem is associated with MQ5 Mod or just a general Kodi problem.
I am running Scott's Aeon MQ5 for Kodi 18 Leia v 10.6.0 (Awesome BTW scott967)
I'm a Newbie, so please be gentle with the flames.

In the Main Menu I changed the name of "Live TV" or "Radio" (can't remember which) to "Home Movies".
I opened Media Manager and added Home Movies to the Videos, including a path to the Source (D:Home Movies\).
Each home video is in it's own folder under the Home Movies folder.
I think I've got all the other settings correct via the Context Menu.
I've tried various Set Content settings - movies, tv shows, none, etc.
But no matter what I do, the Home Movies main menu button will not bring up the list of home video folders.
The sub-menu just says "Empty".

Can anyone help?
This is by far the best skin mod I have ever used. It is simply amazing - - incredible work. I love the my theme function for custom user created themes. Since I use a 4K screen, 1080p images/wallpapers appear slightly blurry. Is there any way to use native 4K images/wallpapers for themes?
(2019-01-31, 09:17)Nordo Wrote: Not sure if my problem is associated with MQ5 Mod or just a general Kodi problem.

In the Main Menu I changed the name of "Live TV" or "Radio" (can't remember which) to "Home Movies".
I opened Media Manager and added Home Movies to the Videos, including a path to the Source (D:Home Movies\).
But no matter what I do, the Home Movies main menu button will not bring up the list of home video folders.

Can anyone help?
As an update, I have  now installed Leai v18 (first deleting my App Data\Kodi folder) and re-installed Aeon MQ5 for Kodi 18 Leia.
This time I used one of the vacant slots in the Main menu, but still got the same result - click Home Movies but nothing happens.
(2019-01-31, 09:17)Nordo Wrote: Not sure if my problem is associated with MQ5 Mod or just a general Kodi problem.

Can anyone help?
 If I understand what you ar doing, I think you need to create, under videos / playlists, a "smart playlist" with a folder filter set to the path of your home movies.  Note that for best experience in Kodi, you could create nfo files for your home movies (depending on what you want you could create as "TV Show" or "Movie".  I personally use the 3rd party "media companion" program on windows that is supported here on the forums).  Anyway, once you have created the smart playlist for your home movies, you can go into the customize home menu and set the video playlist you created as the menu action for TV or any other menu (maybe one of the unused ones).  Then rename the menu to something meaningful for you.  Then when you click on the menu, it should display your home movies as a video media view (you can select any of the viewmodes).  Note that without nfo files, you are viewing in "file" mode, not "library" mode so you don't get as much info about your home video.

If you get stuck, post back with more info about your exact source path and I will walk you through it.

scott s.
Thanks Scott, will give it a try tonight.

Ultimately I hope to smarten my home videos up with some nfo files, but just being able to see the individual folders would be a nice start.
Thanks. Cool
(2019-01-22, 17:22)luci5r Wrote: Instead of changing the filenames at this point (which will require more work and affect a few other things), I'd prefer to change the condition criteria in the settings (which If I'm not mistaken should be in the XML files somewhere). Since I don't have a single DVD, I'll prefer to denominate all ISOs as Blu-ray. If this is possible, can you point me to the XML Settings file I can make this change in?

Thanks! 

Sorry for getting back late:

Given that you don't have any DVDs, the simplest thing to do is to go into skin settings / media case and scroll over to "CASE CONTENT FOR DVD".  Then click the case (to select) and pick the color your want (click) then the blu-ray flag (click).  That will set all files ending in .iso (and also .ifo) as blurays.

I think it might be better if I make a skin change that allows user to treat "iso" as dvd for all or bluray for all, or allow path/filename to control (as is).

scott s.
(2019-02-03, 01:28)Quanchi992003 Wrote: This is by far the best skin mod I have ever used. It is simply amazing - - incredible work. I love the my theme function for custom user created themes. Since I use a 4K screen, 1080p images/wallpapers appear slightly blurry. Is there any way to use native 4K images/wallpapers for themes?
Do you have your own 4k backgrounds to use?  By default Kodi thumbnails max out at 1080, so first, you need to edit (or create if you don't have one) an advancedsettings.xml file (see wiki on how to create).  Add the following:
Code:
<imageres>9999</imageres>
that tells Kodi not to resize images when cached (you could also do the same for fanartres if your want, but not needed for skin theme).

In MQ5 go to skin settings / themes and there is a radiobutton option "MY THEME"  click on that and thee is a pop-up that explains how to create your own theme.   Basic idea is create a folder and in it create specific subfolders (as listed in the help).  Place your desired background images in the appropriate subfolders (You should have at least one ineach, but it can be more than one).  Once that's done, just click the path button in the theme settings for MY THEME and navigate to the parent folder you created.

I don't have a 4k monitor to test, but the thumbnail cache does show the backgrounds are cached at 3480x2160 so I assume it is rendered correctly.  I haven't seen how the skin itself looks at 4K.  I do have my HTPC connected to a 4k TV, but it's going through an older AVR that only does SDR 1080p.  I probably should cable it direct to the TV and take a look.  I did put an NVidia GTX1050 in it so I can hardware decode x265 HEVC and handle 4K, though as you probably know Kodi on windows can't do HDR to a display.

scott s.
I have only just discovered this skin and I love it.
I do have a problem however.
I can only seemto get one view of my TV Shows
When I click on that section I get a list of the shows on the left of the screen and as I run down the list a image of the show appears on the right with a spinning disc.No matter whete I click I cannot change that view.I dont know if that is the only view or maybe I have altered a setting in error.Can anyone help me to find alternative views if there are any please?
(2019-02-07, 11:19)roysmith Wrote: I have only just discovered this skin and I love it.
I do have a problem however.
I can only seemto get one view of my TV Shows
When I click on that section I get a list of the shows on the left of the screen and as I run down the list a image of the show appears on the right with a spinning disc.No matter whete I click I cannot change that view.I dont know if that is the only view or maybe I have altered a setting in error.Can anyone help me to find alternative views if there are any please?
 Most every media window has multiple views (right now games only has one but I will work on that eventually).  In any of the media windows, when your use the "m" (menu) key a "topmenu" is opened and that is where you set all your view options.  (Important note:  Aeon MQ has a skin setting for "kiosk mode".  If you are in "kiosk" mode most of the options are locked.   So turn off kiosk mode first.)

You can also navigate to the top menu by moving left or right or up, but it isn't always consistent between views so I like to use the "m" menu key.

In the top menu you see 4 buttons/options.  On either  "view options/change view" or "collections/change view" navigate up.  That shows you the current viewmode in use and you can move left/right to scroll and select any other active viewmode.  To activate or deactivate viewmodes (the deactivate is intended to reduce the skin complexity for low-power systems) move up again.  That will open the (de)activate views dialog.  Here you can turn on/off any of the available viewmodes.  When you change the settings on this dialog, you have to exit back to the home window for them to take effect.  So go back to home and then open TV Shows (or Episodes) again, and now when you open the top menu ("m" key) and move up again in those "change view" buttons, the list of viewmodes will show all the ones you have active and you can scroll through them.

You need to do this also for music and programs.

scott s.
Couple of quick question for anyone who can help.

Using v18 Leia with Scott's MQ5 Leia skin.

1. When I first open Kodi, the Main Menu is centred on "TV Shows". Can I change it so that "Movies" is centred?

2. When watching a movie, I often want to Pause, but the default hilighted radio icon is Left Arrow (return to start?). Again, is there any way I can have the default as "Pause"?

Also having a problem with setting up a Smart Playlist for my Home Movies.
When I add the smart playlist to my Main Menu (and renamed as Home Movies), there doesn't appear to be the option - "What do you want to do with the playlist?"
So when I click on Home Movies on the Main Menu, all I get is the source folder (D:/Home Movies). And even clicking on it, I don't get my list of individual home movie folders.
I haven't created any NFO files yet. Just need to get the smart playlist operating properly first.
@Nordo

Editing a post seems to catch a lot of members out as the Edit options are very discrete and easily missed. See image...
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks Karellen
I missed the small print (as usual  Confused ).
(2019-02-13, 02:43)Nordo Wrote: Couple of quick question for anyone who can help.

1. When I first open Kodi, the Main Menu is centred on "TV Shows". Can I change it so that "Movies" is centred?

That's an easy one. Enter the "customize main menu" window (should be on the bottom submenu of all home window menu items). The menu is implemented by default as what Kodi calls a "wraplist". On a wraplist the focus stays in the same on-screen position and the list moves to the left/right as you navigate. The position is set to the 3rd item visible on screen (assuming default horizontal orientation). So what you need to do is swap the default 3rd menu item (tv shows) with "movies".

So on the customize home menu window, first I would save your existing setup as a "preset" by selecting the "PRESET" item (top left) and then saving it to one of the preset save "slots" displayed on the right-side list. That way you can restore things if you want to.

Then move the menus by first selecting the tv show menu and saving it to storage. Then save the movies menu to storage. Now you can go back to the tv show menu and restore the movie menu, and finally go to the (original) movie menu and restore the tv show menu to that spot. So when you are done you have the new menu order with movie menu in position 3.
(2019-02-13, 02:43)Nordo Wrote: 2. When watching a movie, I often want to Pause, but the default hilighted radio icon is Left Arrow (return to start?). Again, is there any way I can have the default as "Pause"?

This one is also a wrap list, the problem with editing it is that the items that appear in the the OSD menus changes depending on the type of video (I haven't looked close but I think the music OSD doesn't really change). So it isn't a given which menu item will be in a particular position in the list. One thing to do is to use the edit the menu using the "customize this menu" to hide any menu items you never use. It might also help to switch to fixedlist mode instead of wraplist.
(2019-02-13, 02:43)Nordo Wrote: Also having a problem with setting up a Smart Playlist for my Home Movies.
When I add the smart playlist to my Main Menu (and renamed as Home Movies), there doesn't appear to be the option - "What do you want to do with the playlist?"
So when I click on Home Movies on the Main Menu, all I get is the source folder (D:/Home Movies). And even clicking on it, I don't get my list of individual home movie folders.
I haven't created any NFO files yet. Just need to get the smart playlist operating properly first.

I will have to do some testing. I think with smart playlists, they can be either filter lists (based on library) or folder lists (based on files). There might be something going on with folder smart playlists (I don't use those normally so might not have done much testing). I assume that is what you are using since you don't have nfo files they aren't in the library.

scott s.
(2019-02-15, 01:14)scott967 Wrote:
(2019-02-13, 02:43)Nordo Wrote: Couple of quick question for anyone who can help.

That's an easy one. Enter the "customize main menu" window (should be on the bottom submenu of all home window menu items). The menu is implemented by default as what Kodi calls a "wraplist". On a wraplist the focus stays in the same on-screen position and the list moves to the left/right as you navigate. The position is set to the 3rd item visible on screen (assuming default horizontal orientation). So what you need to do is swap the default 3rd menu item (tv shows) with "movies".

So on the customize home menu window, first I would save your existing setup as a "preset" by selecting the "PRESET" item (top left) and then saving it to one of the preset save "slots" displayed on the right-side list. That way you can restore things if you want to.

Then move the menus by first selecting the tv show menu and saving it to storage. Then save the movies menu to storage. Now you can go back to the tv show menu and restore the movie menu, and finally go to the (original) movie menu and restore the tv show menu to that spot. So when you are done you have the new menu order with movie menu in position 3.
Thanks Scott.
I was hoping it would be relatively easy.

(2019-02-13, 02:43)Nordo Wrote: 2. When watching a movie, I often want to Pause, but the default hilighted radio icon is Left Arrow (return to start?). Again, is there any way I can have the default as "Pause"?

This one is also a wrap list, the problem with editing it is that the items that appear in the the OSD menus changes depending on the type of video (I haven't looked close but I think the music OSD doesn't really change). So it isn't a given which menu item will be in a particular position in the list. One thing to do is to use the edit the menu using the "customize this menu" to hide any menu items you never use. It might also help to switch to fixedlist mode instead of wraplist.
Will give it a try.
Thanks.

(2019-02-13, 02:43)Nordo Wrote: Also having a problem with setting up a Smart Playlist for my Home Movies.

I will have to do some testing. I think with smart playlists, they can be either filter lists (based on library) or folder lists (based on files). There might be something going on with folder smart playlists (I don't use those normally so might not have done much testing). I assume that is what you are using since you don't have nfo files they aren't in the library.
It's the first time I have tried to create a Smart Playlist.
While in Expert mode, I used the following Smart Playlist settings :-
Type -"movies"
Selected - New Rule. . .
Choose Rule Type - "Title"; "Path"; "Contains"; "Starts With"; then Browse to the source folder (D:/Movies/)
Then I change the Smart Playlist name to Home Movies.

In the Main Menu editor, I selected a vacant slot, then clicked "Choose item for menu"; "Video Library"; "Playlist"; and selected my Smart Playlist i.e. Home Movies.
Then I can't find any option to "Display" the Playlist i.e. I can't find the option "What do you want to do with the Playlist".
When I click the New object in the Main Menu (i.e.Home Movies), all I see is the source folder. If I open it, the individual folders don't display.

Scott, I also have another query - is there any way I can access the Pluge pattern that is normally inside the "Video Calibration" section?

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon MQ5 for Kodi 18 Leia4