Solved DVDs do NOT work on new Kodi 18
The fix that we included in the mentioned test builds regarding Kodi getting completely unresponsive has been adjusted and merged. It will be available in the nightly builds starting from tomorrow.
If you have issues please install that one.

Of course it will also be included in the 18.1 release when it's ready.

The issue regarding playback is still being worked on.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2019-02-03, 14:07)Martijn Wrote: Please try the following build (now works for me):

64bit:
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...64-v8a.apk

32bit:
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk

Remember that not all devices can run the 64bit version. Nvidia shield is for sure 64bit.
The 64bit version of that build is solving the problem for me. No freezing/lags.
Thanks!
Thanks Martijn
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod
Kodi Maven Fork 21 - Aeon MQ9 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod

I installed the 6-FEB nightly build, but it does not resolve the issue.

What went well: the DVD menu is now responding (e.g. when selecting language, I can move between languages).
Not there yet: as soon as I click OK, system freezes completely.
Also not there yet: some DVDs cause Kodi to freeze when starting them (so no DVD menu displayed, just a freezing home screen).

I use the 64bit Android version on Nvidia Shield.
I have the same problem. I hope a fix will be available soon.
The newest kodi-20190210-efb87981-master-arm64-v8a.apk solved all my DVD problems no freezing anymore on the Shield
Greetings
(2019-02-10, 10:33)Amjak Wrote: The newest kodi-20190210-efb87981-master-arm64-v8a.apk solved all my DVD problems no freezing anymore on the Shield
Greetings
 I have also tried this version and no, all the problems with DVD playback are not solved (also on the Shield).

The menus are displayed well and you can browse them without problem but there are other problems:
- In some of them, selecting a chapter from the menu works fine, but if during playback we show the menu again and select another chapter, the image/sound freezes.
- In some of them, when selecting from the menu in the audio options other audio than the default one, when playing later, it does not respect this selection, sometimes it does not sound at all and it ends up freezing the image and sometimes it sounds with the default audio track.
- The screen has gone black a couple of times although there was audio.
- In another couple of times, if during the reproduction I wanted to show the menu of the disc again, It did not do anything and when pressing for the second time the image/sound was already freezing.

Some discs work perfectly but most have these problems that I describe. I suppose it will happen to all of you if you try this version with two or more DVDs.

Good job in any case to solve some problems but it seems that more things are missing.

(Shield with latest firmware 7.2.2 with kodi-20190210-efb87981-master-arm64-v8a.apk and passthrough enabled)
Try to download last nightly, problem should be fixed.
Kodi 18: Nvidia Shield TV (main device) and LibreELEC on Raspberry Pi 2 and Odroid C2
TV: Panasonic TX-55EZ950E (OLED)
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR509 (HDMI ARC)
(2019-03-01, 08:18)outcave Wrote: Try to download last nightly, problem should be fixed.
 It is also solved in the official version uploaded yesterday in the Google Play Store  Wink

(Maybe you should mark this thread as solved).
Thread marked solved.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVDs do NOT work on new Kodi 180