v18 Return from suspend deletes NPVR Channels
I have Kodi 18.0 stable installed with the NextPVR add on. When I return from suspend from a Windows 10 PC or laptop while Kodi is running I loose all of the TV channel information and cannot watch live TV. All the TV channels and all the EPG info is gone. I have captured a kodi log and an NPVR log of this occurring on my laptop. I started the debug mode in Kodi then selected a TV channel to watch for a few seconds, then stopped the TV stream. Then I put the laptop in suspend mode (closed the lid) for about 30sec and returned from suspend mode. When returning from suspend mode all the TV channels and EPG program guide are gone.

This only happens with any version of Kodi 18. Kodi 17.6 works fine (returns from suspend with all TV channels and guide info present).

Also, when using the HDHdomerun add on instead of the NPVR add on it returns from suspend correctly with all the channels present.

Kodi and NPVR logs
I asked a question in the developer forum earlier today https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=340309 since I find it rather annoying too.  I do have a workaround for it that I hope sub will accept for 18.1

I'd have to see your logs but I suspect that the HDHR does the same thing it just is faster or you don't have groups defined.

Martin
(2019-02-04, 22:10)emveepee Wrote: I'd have to see your logs but I suspect that the HDHR does the same thing it just is faster or you don't have groups defined.
Here is the Kodi log with the HDHR add on before and after suspend. The channel info has no icons and mostly incorrect, but it is the same before and after suspend.

Kodi log with HDHomerun
I don't see any channel groups being loaded in the HDHR addon which is where I believe the problem starts.

Martin
(2019-02-04, 22:07)VCR58 Wrote: This only happens with any version of Kodi 18. Kodi 17.6 works fine (returns from suspend with all TV channels and guide info present).
I was incorrect about this issue limited to just Kodi 18. I tried Kodi v17.6 (which does not have any issues on my Win 10 HTPC on 1G LAN) on my laptop and it deleted all the channel info as well. I suppose the connection time is slower with my laptop on wireless.

Kodi 17.6 log
Yes, when I research this there were no commits in v18 that would have changed this but I didn't use the addon much until a few months ago so it didn't annoy me.  In any case my overnight test of my change didn't go as well as I hoped because Kodi didn't trigger an immediate epg update so I had an outdated guide until I exited.  I have to see what I need to do to trigger this.

Martin
Thanks for investigating this issue Martin. Hopefully someone will respond to your request in the developer forum.
Hi I'm wondering if this has been resolved as I'm getting it.

Recently installed npvr on w10 with 18.2.

Will send logs if required.
(2019-04-26, 11:39)MadibaJ Wrote: Hi I'm wondering if this has been resolved as I'm getting it.

I have 18.1 with the latest npvr add on (.15) and it seems to be working ok now on my Win 10 mini PC. My win 10 laptop has 19.0 beta with .15 npvr add on and it is working ok as well.
(2019-04-26, 11:39)MadibaJ Wrote: Hi I'm wondering if this has been resolved as I'm getting it.

Will send logs if required.
It is not the addon deleting the channels it is how Kodi PVR is responding to wake and the network card not being available.  3.3.15 is better then earlier versions but in no means does it correct for the odd Kodi PVR wake logic that can cause deleted channels or even Kodi crashes.  Unfortunately I haven't received any assistance from the Kodi devs on how I might be able to handle this better https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=340309

And never think twice about sending logs.  Debug Kodi logs are always required, and I will always say to send them.

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Return from suspend deletes NPVR Channels0