• 5(current)
Release Mimic 6.x for Leia
Thanks a lot for saving us. Just went into a auto update and lost all my Kodi 17 settings. Now i was able to get Mimic working on 18.

Can't say enough thanx for this release
(2019-01-31, 15:01)jerzisoft Wrote: Thank you very much. It is a perfect replacement solution. You saved me.

(2019-01-31, 22:17)Mock Wrote: Thanks a lot for saving us. Just went into a auto update and lost all my Kodi 17 settings. Now i was able to get Mimic working on 18.

Can't say enough thanx for this release

You're both welcome. Enjoy. Big Grin
I downloaded the skin.lyrebird from github and I am trying to figure out how to disable/remove the weather from showing next to the clock in the top right of the screen. Their should be a way to disable the weather in the following file: skin.mimic/1080i/includes.xml by removing something from the Navigation Bar section between lines 612 to 711 but I dont know what exactly. If I erase all the text from lines 612 to 711 then the whole header disappears including the weather but that is not ideal. What is the correct text to remove/hide the weather? I hope someone can find out and share with me. Thank you so much
(2019-02-01, 02:51)bringyoutolife Wrote:
Code:
I downloaded the skin.lyrebird from github and I am trying to figure out how to disable/remove the weather from showing next to the clock in the top right of the screen. Their should be a way to disable the weather in the following file: skin.lyrebird/1080i/includes.xml by removing something from the Navigation Bar section between lines 612 to 711 but I dont know what exactly. If I erase all the text from lines 612 to 711 then the whole header disappears including the weather but that is not ideal. What is the correct text to remove/hide the weather? I hope someone can find out and share with me. Thank you so much
You're looking in the wrong place, you need to edit variables.xml and edit the variable called TopbarFadeLabel1. Specifically, you'll need to edit lines 658 and 662. If you need help in the future, please just ask in one single place rather than posting the same question moments apart in multiple threads. Keeps it clean. Smile
Is there any way to get this working now? Had Mimic working for RC3 but now that I've updated to the official release, it won't install.
Err, nevermind. I updated 

<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.13.0"/>
to

<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.14.0"/>

And zipped it back up, but the folder structure wasn't the same as the original source zip file. After re-zipping it up with the exact folder structure, it updated fine.
Hey! After an automatic update on my Android device, mimic (which i was using...) and other skins were disabled or uninstalled... I have tried all the available skins, and like none of them.. Will Mimic be available in the Skins automatic "Get more" section for Leia, or will i have to install it through a zip... and how do i do that? Tongue
(2019-01-31, 00:19)Rufoo Wrote: I have updated my Lyrebird MOD so that it runs out of the box on the official release Kodi 18. Presently, it is just Mimic with a new view tacked on (albeit, a completely option crazy view for gaming) but this will change soon. However, it is a good, no fuss solution for those wanting Mimic on the latest Kodi.

https://github.com/Rufoo/skin.lyrebird
Let me add my thanks too.  This is a perfect skin for Kodi as far as I am concerned.  Should be in the database.  All my logos had disappeared, as well as my highlighting bar before I installed this.  Your skin fixed everything that was ailing my Mimic skin.  Bookmarked your github as well. 

Thanks again! Really appreciated.
(2019-02-03, 05:12)registeringisnotfun Wrote: Let me add my thanks too.  This is a perfect skin for Kodi as far as I am concerned.  Should be in the database.  All my logos had disappeared, as well as my highlighting bar before I installed this.  Your skin fixed everything that was ailing my Mimic skin.  Bookmarked your github as well. 

Thanks again! Really appreciated. 

No worries, bud. Braz gave me his blessing to mess around with Mimic. Not much about it will change, the only main things that will are the status bar. So, if you're a fan of the original, it won't be around much longer in Lyrebird.

It will be going from this...

To this...

The original views for Mimic will have their proportions adjusted accordingly so things look snug under the more concise header. The only thing I don't like about Mimic is the header, beyond that, it's lovely. Lots of new views will be introduced too, mostly enhanced ports from Cirrus Extended and my older projects.
Any tips for getting the Random Fanart working again? Stopped working after i upgraded to the Leia-version.. I am supposing that there's something wrong in the file "custom_1122_BackgroundCustomizer", but I don't know what... Specifically, i'd love to use "Random Fanart) Recent episodes", "(Random fanart) All TV Shows", "(Random fanart) All movies" and "(Random fanart) All media)"...
(2019-02-05, 04:44)teruyo Wrote: Any tips for getting the Random Fanart working again? Stopped working after i upgraded to the Leia-version.. I am supposing that there's something wrong in the file "custom_1122_BackgroundCustomizer", but I don't know what... Specifically, i'd love to use "Random Fanart) Recent episodes", "(Random fanart) All TV Shows", "(Random fanart) All movies" and "(Random fanart) All media)"...
 Some other soul may have the answer to this, I haven't looked into it myself yet and in terms of tasks, it isn't high on my priority list to fix at the moment. Reason being is because with Lyrebird the main focus is to get everything working cohesively, having an assortment of game centric views, and porting / enhancing Cirrus Extended views into Lyrebird. Then I can attend to the little superficial touches like random fanart.
Hi all,

Rufoo, just wanted to log on to say thank you for your work on Lyrebird. 

Mimic has been my go-to skin for ages. Something went wrong with my Emby/ Kodi install a few weeks ago, so I started from scratch, moved from Krypton to Leia, and was delighted to see what you had done. Good work.

Personally, I always modded includes.xml and home.xml on Mimic such that 1. the top bar was entirely taken away and 2. the wallpaper had zero transparency effect, so it was just like a normal wallpaper, vivid and colourful. Really happy both mods work with Lyrebird too.
So...this nor Omni is in the Kodi official repo and when I go to manually install both it has some GUI minimum version error. Will try the unofficial workaround skins later but wondering when this will be properly fixed and updated in the repo?
(2019-02-07, 16:49)kurosh Wrote: So...this nor Omni is in the Kodi official repo and when I go to manually install both it has some GUI minimum version error. Will try the unofficial workaround skins later but wondering when this will be properly fixed and updated in the repo?
I was thinking the same thing myself. I see that Eminence just got its 18-compatible version added to the official Kodi repo in the last couple of days. Are either Mimic or Lyrebird likely to get added to the official Kodi repo? I know it’s not rocket science to download the zip from github but on a device with only a remote control and no keyboard it’s very different to the simplicity of doing a “Get more...” to install it from the official Kodi repo.
(2019-01-31, 00:19)Rufoo Wrote: I have updated my Lyrebird MOD so that it runs out of the box on the official release Kodi 18. Presently, it is just Mimic with a new view tacked on (albeit, a completely option crazy view for gaming) but this will change soon. However, it is a good, no fuss solution for those wanting Mimic on the latest Kodi.

https://github.com/Rufoo/skin.lyrebird
 Thank you. I love Mimic! I've been wondering if on TV show widgets, if there's a way to display the show name on it the widget thumbnail/poster rather than the episode name?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 6.x for Leia2