• 163(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
hi everyone

i would like to rename home menu category titles in uppercase. Where can i do that ?

thank you
(2019-02-05, 18:44)dkangel Wrote: hi everyone

i would like to rename home menu category titles in uppercase. Where can i do that ?

thank you
Unless I've misunderstood ('cos it seems kind of obvious) you just go into settings / skinsettings / home items and call them whatever you want.
(2019-02-05, 19:25)trogggy Wrote:
(2019-02-05, 18:44)dkangel Wrote: hi everyone

thank you
Unless I've misunderstood ('cos it seems kind of obvious) you just go into settings / skinsettings / home items and call them whatever you want. 
What Trogggy said.
I tried that but i cant find where to change. I find rename submenu but not the home menu. Thanks for your help
(2019-02-06, 13:07)dkangel Wrote: I tried that but i cant find where to change. I find rename submenu but not the home menu. Thanks for your help
You don't see something like this in skinsettings...Huh
Tongue 
ok i found it.

thank you guys
I just updated to Kodi 19 via the new libreelec version. I did use their backup function. So after doing fresh install of libreelec I did a restore. Everything works. But have a small problem with this skin afterword’s.

When changing TV channel ( I use vu+ zero) I see the background for music like 0,5 seconds. At first it also was trying to pull down lyrics for the TV channel. Like it thought I was trying to play music. I deactivated the lyric addon and then activated it again. Then that problem was gone. But I still see the music background when changing TV channel

Take a look at the video. I first start to play some music, so you see the background I'm talking about. Then I switch over to watch TV. Don't matter if I play music before or not.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug-BvuJxqPM
(2019-02-08, 10:28)Majster Wrote: I just updated to Kodi 19 via the new libreelec version. I did use their backup function. So after doing fresh install of libreelec I did a restore. Everything works. But have a small problem with this skin afterword’s.

When changing TV channel ( I use vu+ zero) I see the background for music like 0,5 seconds. At first it also was trying to pull down lyrics for the TV channel. Like it thought I was trying to play music. I deactivated the lyric addon and then activated it again. Then that problem was gone. But I still see the music background when changing TV channel

Take a look at the video. I first start to play some music, so you see the background I'm talking about. Then I switch over to watch TV. Don't matter if I play music before or not.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug-BvuJxqPM

Sorry, can't reproduce.

Helly.
Some small fixes ...

- Fix sideblade issue when opening on mouse focus (Github #58)
- Fixed offset in home screen currently playing

Enjoy,
Helly.
Excellent work. Thanks for maintaining this brilliant addon Angel

Speaking of which, is there any way I can modify the settings to allow for more that 7 addons to display in Xonfluence?

Thanks
Hi Thanks for Xonfluence...it's my preferred skin and glad it's still going with Leia..

Not a big issue cause there is a warkaround..but is the game menu not working properly?Items scrolling is not highlighted and stretch video options are not all shown...example full screen..
Small workaround is going back to estuary and change to full screen from it's menu..

Thanks
Hi Helly, thanks for continued support to Leia!

I've mentioned this before but wanted to follow up with more detail and ask if I may submit a feature request.

I use widgets for tv show addons  like Simpsons World, HGTV, and Food. The widget will only show episode poster/thumbnail and I prefer season or show poster/thumbnails; they are much more attractive imo. I've looked into artwork beef but it will not work with scraped addons like Simpsons World, only local library as far as I can tell.

May I submit this as a feature request?
Hi Helly
(2019-01-26, 12:32)Helly1206 Wrote: I hope you understand what I'm trying to say and if anyone has ideas on how to cope with this in the future, please tell me.
Thanks for understanding.
Helly.
Yes... I do; and... I do.
Thank you for taking the time to think about what's involved, the different components that would need to work together, to achieve the behaviour I describe. And then - framing a detailed reply - instead of a simple "No" without elaboration. Again, a sign of a caring custodian. I appreciate that.

After some consideration of my problem and various solutions, I've arrived at something "easy" and workable - for me, at least.

A darker colour for the offending items would be less stress & wear on the affected pixels. OK - so I replaced the "white" icons with dark grey ones - no code changes required Wink .

This "fix" will get me 95% of the way to avoiding FURTHER image retention on my TV monitor. I can be comfortable with that.
Thanks Helly, for pushing me toward a solution Smile .

And now - for the record - I would like to restate/clarify a few points:
Quote:You send me a 'desperate' post in capital letters that your plasma tv is destroyed (insinuating that the Xonfluence skin is the culprit).
  • admittedly, my ALL CAPS heading is a bit over-the-top for what we usually read on this forum. I was alarmed to realize I'd been using the hi-speed PB feature extensively, without even noticing the side-effect of a bright white indicator constantly in the corner.
  • no insinuation going on... no "blame" or fingerpointing to Xonfluence as a culprit. I clearly stated MY use of KODI in an unconventional way was leading to trouble. My careful wording seems to have failed me.
  • using this mode with any skin would create the same issue.
Quote:I know about older plasma tvs and pictures burning in, but does that happen on playing back in fast forward for (I assume) a relatively short time?
  • hi-speed playback is used on most of the documentaries & interviews I watch. For a while, that was close to 50% of viewing time.
  • as a precaution, I've now disabled the Weather service, and hidden the date/time display in the top right corner of the screen.
Quote:You should have logo's burned in at every corner also. And now your tv is destroyed already, it doesn't matter anymore does it?
  • nope... no station logos anywhere. The only feed to the set has been from a Kodi box - playing locally-stored movies & TV series. No network screen bugs anywhere in sight.
  • "destroyed" does not yet represent the present condition of the TV... it shows minor image retention of the PB speed indicator - but that is all.
  • yes, its continued health and operation matters very much to us, since we enjoy - among other things - the fun-factor of its 3D capability Blush

I just wish I was clever enough to copy the existing fade-out effect (used for standard play operation), and incorporate it into these other functions. Oh well... maybe some night in a dream.

Thanks again Helly, for being the Xon-Master !
::  LibreELEC 9.2.6 RELEASE - Generic x86_64  ::  Intel 847 NUC  ::  KVR1333D3S9/4G  ::  Kingston SMS200S3/30G mSATA  ::  MS 1044 MCE keyboard  ::  GP-IR02BK remote  ::  Xonfluence  ::  10.9TiB on FreeNAS v11.3-U5 (RAID-Z2)  ::
hello everybody

have you this display problem ?

Hey all!

@Helly1206  , I am trying to set some homepage values upon Kodi startup, and I'm hoping you may be able to shed some light on why it is not working.

I am using:
         xbmc.executebuiltin(cmd)
         cmd = 'Skin.SetString(HomeItem.5.Widget, None)'
         xbmc.executebuiltin(cmd)
         cmd = 'Skin.SetString(HomeItem.5.Label, YOUTUBE)'
         xbmc.executebuiltin(cmd)
         cmd = 'Skin.SetString(HomeItem.5.Fanart, dsvsvd)'
         xbmc.executebuiltin(cmd)
         cmd = 'Skin.SetString(HomeItem.5.Addon, None)'
         xbmc.executebuiltin(cmd)
         cmd = 'Skin.SetString(HomeItem.5.Type, AddOns)'
         xbmc.executebuiltin(cmd)
         cmd = 'Skin.SetString(HomeItem.5.Sub, AddOns)'
         xbmc.executebuiltin(cmd)
        cmd = 'Skin.SetString(HomeItem.5.Display, Default)'
         xbmc.executebuiltin(cmd)
         cmd = 'Skin.SetString(HomeItem.5.Path, RunAddon(plugin.video.youtube))'

Basically it does not set the correct labels etc, and I am assuming I have the incorrect syntax.

Cheers and thanks for your time!
Ken
  • 163(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13