• 322(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
OK, thanks.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2019-01-31, 12:25)chrissix Wrote:
(2019-01-25, 21:46)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

If you decide to scrape https://letterboxd.com/ ratings, do you know if kodi will display them in dialogvideoinfo?

thanks

This are all ratings kodi supports in dialogvideoinfo:

ListItem.Ratings(imdb)
ListItem.Ratings(themoviedb)
ListItem.Ratings(metacritic)
ListItem.Ratings(tomatometerallcritics)
ListItem.Ratings(tomatometerallaudience)
ListItem.Ratings(anidb)

No more ratings are supported
All ratings except ListItem.Ratings(anidb) are supported in Media Companion
So far, the support of anidb as far as I know has not been requested once. Anidb also has its own media manager and video scraper. 
Hi,
So what I've concluded from the above post, is that Media Companion should be able to scrape the ratings from rotten tomatoes. Is this correct?
See my settings:
This option is greyed out for me. So this is what my ratings in the .nfo file looks like:

As you can see, no Rotten Tomatoes ratings for me. Am I missing something? Any help is appreciated Huh
Kodi v18.9 (Aeon MQ8 Multi-Mod) running on Windows 10
You have to input an OMDb API key to get RT ratings.  Located in common settings.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
To enable mediacompanion to get rotten tomato ratings comma you need to have your own omdb API key.
This you can enter in the general preferences page.
The reason for this is because too many hits on the omdb site and nobody was getting any ratings from them.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
And FYI not all movies or TV series have Rotten Tomato ratings on omdb site.
This is unfortunate as the Rotten Tomatoes site is up a service for getting their ratings.
Media Companion Dev.
Delete.
That meta score tag is there for people running older versions of Kodi where the newer Kodi supports the rating block with all the IMDB, tmdb and Rotten Tomato ratings and votes.
I may add an option and have it enabled by default to exclude adding that older ratings format to the nfos in the next release.
As for the skin showing of those ratings votes that's up to the skin maintainer. I'm trying my best to keep things as consistent with Kodi as possible.
Media Companion Dev.
Thank you very much. You've done some excellent work with this program.
(2019-02-01, 01:00)JanM201 Wrote:  
@JanM201 

No, everything is alright

Also, you're wrong here, this is a case for the thread of the skin you're using and has nothing to do with Media Companion.

In the newest versions of the skin there is a ratings fallback included. If no rating local found, it searches over SkinHelper, but the spellings are different:

For ratings via SkinHelper (live over Internet) the spelling is always for eg 98%
For local ratings (via .nfo or scraper) it is always for eg 9.8.
But there is the possibility if one is concerned with .xml the to modify it also that the .nfo ratings are displayed with 98%

But if you scrape all movie ratings correct with Media Companion, there will be no SkinHelper fallback anymore, cause SkinHelper and MediaCompanion have the same sources where get the ratings from.
(2019-02-01, 01:08)vbat99 Wrote: That meta score tag is there for people running older versions of Kodi where the newer Kodi supports the rating block with all the IMDB, tmdb and Rotten Tomato ratings and votes.
I may add an option and have it enabled by default to exclude adding that older ratings format to the nfos in the next release.
As for the skin showing of those ratings votes that's up to the skin maintainer. I'm trying my best to keep things as consistent with Kodi as possible.

I'm using still Kodi 17.6 stable, and we have tried out that some months ago. Only this comma seperated spelling is functional. I have no problems with ratings with Media Companion and Kodi.
As far as i know, there was no changes in .nfo spelling in Kodi 18.

I think the problem @JanM201  have is only Skin programming related, and there is a bit confusion cause this skin uses both, internal (.nfo) ratings and SkinHelper as fallback.
With the MC .nfo spelling is all alright. It works only the way it works now.
Hi, I have quite a serious bug with the latest version - MC is deleting already saved nfo files from movie directories. And I've reproduced this action a few times.
This happens either if I click the search button or if I select the "refresh all movies" function. MC does not show any error/log.

Luckily I can recreate the nfos using Kodi's export llibrary command, but some (about 20 out of 1000 last time I checked) get deleted if I try and use MC. I haven't been able to establish a pattern as to which nfos are affected.

Specs: v3.7.2.7 64bit on Win10. Content/movies stored on a NAS.
I have been using MC for years, and aside from upgrading to 3.7.2.7, no other change in my setup.

I have just redownloaded and tested v3.7.2.6, it is not experiencing this issue.
(2019-02-07, 16:16)echo Wrote: Hi, I have quite a serious bug with the latest version - MC is deleting already saved nfo files from movie directories. And I've reproduced this action a few times.
This happens either if I click the search button or if I select the "refresh all movies" function. MC does not show any error/log.

Luckily I can recreate the nfos using Kodi's export llibrary command, but some (about 20 out of 1000 last time I checked) get deleted if I try and use MC. I haven't been able to establish a pattern as to which nfos are affected.

Specs: v3.7.2.7 64bit on Win10. Content/movies stored on a NAS.
I have been using MC for years, and aside from upgrading to 3.7.2.7, no other change in my setup.

I have just redownloaded and tested v3.7.2.6, it is not experiencing this issue.

There is a fix in the latest release, where when the nfo is loaded, if the CreateDate is empty, then this is updated from the movie's createdate, and the nfo is re-saved.
While it might remove the original nfo, it should resave the new modified nfo.

I will look into why its only deleting the nfo's for you, over the weekend.
Media Companion Dev.
Can somebody please tell me, I Did search first and can’t find the answer, to these  2 question questions:

If the default naming isn’t "discart.png" or for movie and audio disks how do I change it to this?

And I have noticed that at the end of an Search it will come back and say that it couldn’t scrape a particular movie but it still puts in the NFO file in the directory which then makes it hard for my other media scraping program to see that it needs to be done, how can I change this?
(2019-02-08, 04:12)melons2 Wrote: Can somebody please tell me, I Did search first and can’t find the answer, to these  2 question questions:

If the default naming isn’t "discart.png" or for movie and audio disks how do I change it to this?

And I have noticed that at the end of an Search it will come back and say that it couldn’t scrape a particular movie but it still puts in the NFO file in the directory which then makes it hard for my other media scraping program to see that it needs to be done, how can I change this?
under debug
(2019-02-08, 04:12)melons2 Wrote: Can somebody please tell me, I Did search first and can’t find the answer, to these  2 question questions:

as @Edworld mentioned, this is under the 'Debug' tab.
(2019-02-08, 04:12)melons2 Wrote: And I have noticed that at the end of an Search it will come back and say that it couldn’t scrape a particular movie but it still puts in the NFO file in the directory which then makes it hard for my other media scraping program to see that it needs to be done, how can I change this?
Mixing media managers, hmmmm, this can cause some issues in itself. But, if you need to find the latest scraped movies, use the sort box and select 'By Date Added. This will bring the latest scraped to the top of the list.

Quesitons, what is missing from Media Companion that means you need another media manager program?
Just curious if there is a feature that might be beneficial to all, that I could add to Media Companion.
Media Companion Dev.
  • 322(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10